Page 291 of 901 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292293301341391791 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 9007

Thread: Funny CW moments page 291

  1. #2901
    MamaGrok's Avatar
    MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    atl
    Posts
    4,711
    Are you sharing the recipe with us?
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

  2. #2902
    drssgchic's Avatar
    drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,111
    Yeah, really. If it can change Grandma's mind . . .

  3. #2903
    naiadknight's Avatar
    naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Odessa/ Midland, TX
    Posts
    12,037
    I don't have it on me (I'm at work),but I'll tell you what it is, though.
    The crust is pecan flour + cinnamon and nutmeg to taste, mixed with cold butter, and a little water, then pressed into the pan (look up the Fanny Farmer cookbook pie crust recipe, those are the ratios minus the salt, use just enough water to have it hold it's shape.) The bottom layer is a half recipe of a primal pumpkin berry cheesecake (son of Grok's cheesecake, sub half the berries for that amount of pumpkin puree and sub mascarpone for sour cream), baked and left to cool overnight. When it's cool, mix 1 c pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and vanilla extract to taste, and fold into 1 batch whipped heaven (4 oz mascarpone, 1/2 c whipping cream, whisked to firm peaks) and smear over the top of the cheescake layer, put back in fridge to set. Once it's set, top with a very generous layer of cinnamon whipped cream right before serving.
    It's freaking divine.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

  4. #2904
    onalark's Avatar
    onalark is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    San Clemente, CA
    Posts
    1,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardwarehank View Post
    And here I thought I was weird. As someone who likes their steaks raw-rare I've become quite used to all that gristle and chewy bits.
    My husband cuts off the gristle and chewy bits and puts them on my plate for me. <3

  5. #2905
    onalark's Avatar
    onalark is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    San Clemente, CA
    Posts
    1,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfeet View Post
    Almost got in a fight today at work:

    Coworker, "You have to have carbs or your brain won't work!"
    Me, "That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard."
    Coworker, "No! It's true, my dad was diagnosed with obesity diabetes and the doctor said you have to have carbs. Plus it makes sense because carbs are energy."

    I decided not to mention that fat is energy too, this coworker is always bringing in baked goodies.
    1. Tell 'em to google gluconeogenesis.
    2. Watch their brain explode.
    3. ????
    4. Profit!

  6. #2906
    drssgchic's Avatar
    drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,111
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I don't have it on me (I'm at work),but I'll tell you what it is, though.
    The crust is pecan flour + cinnamon and nutmeg to taste, mixed with cold butter, and a little water, then pressed into the pan (look up the Fanny Farmer cookbook pie crust recipe, those are the ratios minus the salt, use just enough water to have it hold it's shape.) The bottom layer is a half recipe of a primal pumpkin berry cheesecake (son of Grok's cheesecake, sub half the berries for that amount of pumpkin puree and sub mascarpone for sour cream), baked and left to cool overnight. When it's cool, mix 1 c pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and vanilla extract to taste, and fold into 1 batch whipped heaven (4 oz mascarpone, 1/2 c whipping cream, whisked to firm peaks) and smear over the top of the cheescake layer, put back in fridge to set. Once it's set, top with a very generous layer of cinnamon whipped cream right before serving.
    It's freaking divine.
    Urm- uh- *wipes drool from chin* Thanks!

  7. #2907
    ELizabeth826's Avatar
    ELizabeth826 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Urm- uh- *wipes drool from chin* Thanks!
    Seriously, excuse me while I go eat all the food ever.
    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
    -Maimonodies

  8. #2908
    Corvidae's Avatar
    Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    723
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Thanks! I didn't know that, but it's cool to know, if only to one up my kitchen friends.
    Lol, indeed, ive totally done the same thing. The main reason *I* know it, though, is because ive been just as fed up by the fascia/silverskin in my own body as I am when its on my meat. Ive been doing a lot of physical therapy-ish things over the last few years to gain flexibility and movement in my body that Ive never had (I have memories of being in kindergarten and not being able to sit crosslegged on the floor. By the time I was in middle school, I could barely sit comfortably on the ground period) Integral in this whole process is loosening up bound-up fascia in the body so that the muscles can move the way they are supposed to.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

    My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

    Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

  9. #2909
    naiadknight's Avatar
    naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Odessa/ Midland, TX
    Posts
    12,037
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Urm- uh- *wipes drool from chin* Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by ELizabeth826 View Post
    Seriously, excuse me while I go eat all the food ever.
    Thanks! The original was an experiment and I've been tweaking it ever since. It's damn easy, and damn tasty.

    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    Lol, indeed, ive totally done the same thing. The main reason *I* know it, though, is because ive been just as fed up by the fascia/silverskin in my own body as I am when its on my meat. Ive been doing a lot of physical therapy-ish things over the last few years to gain flexibility and movement in my body that Ive never had (I have memories of being in kindergarten and not being able to sit crosslegged on the floor. By the time I was in middle school, I could barely sit comfortably on the ground period) Integral in this whole process is loosening up bound-up fascia in the body so that the muscles can move the way they are supposed to.
    I've lost some of my flexibility, but for me it's mostly in the joints (aside from my hamstrings, which have always been tight. I barely passed the sit and reach in school, usually cheating to make sure I passed.) My muscles themselves are usually more than willing to work with me.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

  10. #2910
    MamaGrok's Avatar
    MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    atl
    Posts
    4,711
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I don't have it on me (I'm at work),but I'll tell you what it is, though.
    That's okay, I can wait.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •