Page 28 of 878 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128528 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 28

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    it may be the taste is bad, i don't know. but i get heart burn when i drink plain water

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I was talking with a coworker about how I can't eat flour (extension of the truth still counts.) She said "Well, what about the white kind? You can have that, right? That's not wheat." "That's wheat." "Oh, I thought only the whole [grain] stuff was." "Flour's flour." *crickets and a blank look* "I did not know that. Huh." And she wanders off towards her office. *facepalm*
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I was talking with a coworker about how I can't eat flour (extension of the truth still counts.) She said "Well, what about the white kind? You can have that, right? That's not wheat." "That's wheat." "Oh, I thought only the whole [grain] stuff was." "Flour's flour." *crickets and a blank look* "I did not know that. Huh." And she wanders off towards her office. *facepalm*
    ...wow. Just... wow. I'm... wow.
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

I know someone has posted about this in the past (whether it be on this thread or somewhere else on the forum), but I had my first encounter with someone slowing down on the road this evening to ask if I was okay. I was walking barefoot (as per my usual).

Of course it didn't help that it pretty much rained all day and was still spitting rain when I was walking home. So, me + backpack + umbrella + holding sandals must've been a weird sight.
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

Lodini is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    I know someone has posted about this in the past (whether it be on this thread or somewhere else on the forum), but I had my first encounter with someone slowing down on the road this evening to ask if I was okay. I was walking barefoot (as per my usual).

Of course it didn't help that it pretty much rained all day and was still spitting rain when I was walking home. So, me + backpack + umbrella + holding sandals must've been a weird sight.
    I am surprised someone in Miami actually asked you if you were ok

Dude, I drove through a puddle downtown so big today I would refer to it as a small lake. The water was definitely up to my car doors! I was totally stuck and had to drive through it... I am pretty sure the car floated at some point!
    Starting weight, June 10, 2010: 213 pounds
    Current weight, October 31, 2010: 177 pounds
    Goal: Happiness, Health, Hotness

Screw "moderation"!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lodini View Post
    I am surprised someone in Miami actually asked you if you were ok
    You and me both... especially given the predominant demographic that attends UM...

-- Blaise Pascal

Tawny is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday's funny CW moment:

A co-worker and I were discussing what our kids eat for breakfast. My daughter eats eggs everyday. Co-worker's response: "That's so bad for her cholesterol...I have been letting my kids eat Cocoa Puffs lately because it has less than 3 grams of fat and is made from whole grains."

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    Oh, I had one at work the other day too.

My boss was eating a HUGE container of oatmeal, almost raw. It had berries and milk I think. He said eh was eating it to lower his cholesterol. Barf!

I told him that oatmeal isn't really the best way to lower cholesterol, about how low fat high carb diets lead to lower HDL. He than said to me that even though he eats his oatmeal everyday his lipid profile has not improved. Surprise surprise...lol I told him a little about primal/paleo, let him know about Good Calories, Bad Calories and The Primal Blueprint. I don't know if he will do it or not, but I planted the seed, no?

kmacphee is offline Senior Member
    I was watching a local tv program about cooking and they were cooking a meal and when the cook tossed in the butter, the host asked about a healthier alternative for butter.....

This is what the cook said...

"Oh ya, you can use canola oil instead".

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    Went to the county fair yesterday... where they have bacon cheeseburgers with a glazed donut as a bun! I heard people talking about it was the bacon that would cause a heart attack. If they only knew...