Thread: Funny CW moments page 27

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by queen_sheba View Post
    Tesco's full size tub is only 1 Genius!
    I just bought four of those

Lodini is offline Senior Member
    I had a few funny CW moments this week:

A female coworker told me she is "back on the wagon and ate egg whites for breakfast." Then a few hours later explaining that she felt weak, and made a beeline for some birthday cake a few cubicles over.

A male coworker told me he "was really good this morning... ate a 250 calorie breakfast with zero fat grams." I asked why no fat. He said because he is trying to lose fat. [duh]

A female coworker told me how great I am looking, but then said "I don't know how you have any energy not eating carbs." [I eat an average of 80 grams a day]

I told my friend of my no dairy experiment... she agreed that she also feels better when not eating dairy, but "could never give it up."
    Starting weight, June 10, 2010: 213 pounds
    Current weight, October 31, 2010: 177 pounds
    Goal: Happiness, Health, Hotness

Screw "moderation"!!

davidtx is offline Member
    When I cleaned out my pantry, I gave most of it to my next door neighbor. She told me that she figured that eating this way (primal) was good for an extra 5 years and that wasn't worth it. This is from a 50+ year old woman with 3 twenty-something sons that aren't married yet. I wonder if she'll change her mind if/when grandkids show up? Every time that I think about her 5-year comment, I just shake my head - Incredible.

thanatos is offline Senior Member
    Australia's heart foundation is complaining about the use of too much butter on the tv show Master Chef causing butter sales is Oz to rise....too much trans-fat they say

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...-1225929711745

GrokGoddess is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos View Post
    Australia's heart foundation is complaining about the use of too much butter on the tv show Master Chef causing butter sales is Oz to rise....too much trans-fat they say

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...-1225929711745
    Then they must be freaking out that Duck FAT is now sold in Coles (the place where a MasterChef shops), cos I had never seen it before Masterchef started. Am now a regular user of Duck Fat, and love it.

Hilary is online now Senior Member
    Gosh, yes, chefs using actual food. Scandalous. Pass the blood pressure medicine.

Xfitter is offline Member
    I listened to a friend in the medical profession tell us how bad the primal diet was for us while trying to tout the benefits of several prescription meds and eating a whole tub of ice cream at the same time (BTW she's overweight).
    Gustofson on Health - " I eat bacon, a whole damn plate!"

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xfitter View Post
    I listened
    Therein lies your mistake.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    I doubt Xfitter took it to heart, despite the listening. ;)

Oh and CW of the day, from my pregnancy calendar:
    "This is a good time to boost your intake of grains and legumes by about a serving a day. Fiber-rich foods, including whole grain breads and cereals, lentils, and brown rice, are high in B vitamins."

Sure. I'll totally do that. Or NOT. Maybe I'll just continue eating all the stuff I already do, which already has tons of fiber and B-vitamins. I love it that they push the grains without even mentioning meat, liver, fish, and butter...
    Last edited by Jenny; 09-27-2010 at 10:07 AM. Reason: adding CW

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    This one isn't exactly funny, but the expression on my face was... The girlfriend of my roommate said today that she doesn't drink much water because it "makes [her] nauseous." She did say that she still will drink some because she needs it in her system, but not much. It's good her back was turned to me; otherwise she would've been hit with a glance worthy of being captioned "WTF??"
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal