Page 26 of 871 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126526 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 26

queen_sheba is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I feel really lucky on the full fat yoghurt issue - our supermarket shelves are brimming with the stuff - Rachels, Yeo Valley and Own brand Greek Yoghurts are ALL 10% fat and freakin' GORGEOUS. Tesco's full size tub is only £1 Genius!

Sorry to hear you are having problems tracking down. For some reason the brits are very accepting of full fat yog!
    Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
    **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

Owly is offline Senior Member
    My friend was asking me about the primal thing the other day because she's noticed how much fat I've lost. I explained it to her, and she said, "But I do eat like that!" They cook mostly in line with the SCD because two of their kids are on the autism spectrum. I asked her about sugar intake, and she told me she only has one medium Tim Hortons ice cappuccino a day. I just looked it up--that's 47g of sugar in one drink alone!
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    I was in the break room making my breakfast and I overheard this conversation:

"So where do you want to go to dinner?"

"I was thinking Donovan's, or maybe Ruth's Chris." (Both steak places)

"I had a bad experience the last time I was at Ruth's Chris. Maybe I ordered the wrong cut, but it was all fatty."

Sigh...
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

thanatos is offline Senior Member
    Just watched Jamie Oliver's 'Jamie Does, French Pyrenees'.

It was interesting as the food in the show concentrated on animal products, saturated fat, cream and only the occasional bit of bread. Then he started talking about the 'French Paradox' and how in this area of the country there is a very low incidence of heart disease but no-one knows why. He even went board hunting with a group of blokes and the bbq'd the cutlets.

I looked up the FP on wiki and there are all sorts of explanations as to what is causing it but they just don't stop and think...maybe it's the saturated fat and lower carbs. It's right in front of their noses but obviously they just can't bring themselves to consider that could be the explanation.

We've got the tie in book from the series and I've checked the recipes and many seem to be really primal in the France section so I'll be doing a few of those.

yeah french food rocks, confit of duck is my fav! and they will quite happily chow on a raw steak!

although watch out for skiing resorts, i skied for 4 months and didn't lose a thing (maybe a *little* tummy) as i was eating up crusty bread, croissants, potatoes, pizza, porridge...yadda...and i was having to cook for myself outside of my skiing groups coming out, or being provided for by my boss - rice, polenta, more rice, potatoes etc!

although the french do eat a fair amount of pomme de terres! potato to you and me.
    Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    On the subject of full fat yogurt - it is SO EASY to make your own yogurt, seriously in two minutes of work and 24 hours leaving it alone, you can get a nice amount of organic no additive full fat yogurt from organic whole milk. Add in a generous amount of heavy cream and make it even better than store bought.

elwyne is offline Senior Member
    here's a good one... talking about why I'm not eating co-worker's homemade muffins she brought in...

"I'm only eating real food."

"Muffins are real food!!"

thanatos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by queen_sheba View Post
    yeah french food rocks, confit of duck is my fav! and they will quite happily chow on a raw steak!

although watch out for skiing resorts, i skied for 4 months and didn't lose a thing (maybe a *little* tummy) as i was eating up crusty bread, croissants, potatoes, pizza, porridge...yadda...and i was having to cook for myself outside of my skiing groups coming out, or being provided for by my boss - rice, polenta, more rice, potatoes etc!

although the french do eat a fair amount of pomme de terres! potato to you and me.
    He made that on the episode....looks great.

Are the ski resorts geared to satisfying foreigners?

kmacphee is offline Senior Member
    One of my high school students told me today that I shouldn't be eating more than 3 eggs a day because it is bad for my cholesterol.

I told him that I recently had my cholesterol tested and it is stellar...

He responded by saying..."Well that's what my brother told me and he has a degree in that stuff." His brother is a pro football player with a phys ed degree.

Quote Originally Posted by thanatos View Post
    He made that on the episode....looks great.

Are the ski resorts geared to satisfying foreigners?
    wel - i suppose...but i think they are more under the mistaken CW that carbs fuel energy (for the skiing) i mean if you don't have the fat reserves i do and you don't want to start burning muscle, you would need somthing carby...but you never get sweet potato or anything.

but they are heavy on the fats; cheese, cream, butter, fatty meats too....i BET that's what the french eat and leave ze forgeiners to the crappy nutrionally void content...!

:- )
    Scottish Sarah