Page 251 of 873 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301351751 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 8727

Thread: Funny CW moments page 251

tplank is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Saw an advertisement on a delivery truck today. I had never heard of the brand "Precious". I tried to find the exact ad on-line, but didn't find it. The upshot is that it extolled "Low Fat Cheese" and also "with Omega 3s".

So, is low fat good, or not?

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abstractpersona View Post
    Always funny when I see in food/health magazines:
    Green leafy vegetables are a great source of x,y,z, and they're naturally fat-free!
    Then they'll say to cook it with ham-hock, butter, olive oil... :-) JUST EAT A DAMN STEAK FFS!!!
    lol stuff like that drives me bonkers! they put fat-free stickers on bananas too.

another thing that irks me is when chickpeas or other foods like quinoa and shit are labeled as "protein-packed!"

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    So this morning i got a call from my MD
    Nurse: the Doctor has reviewed your unrinanalysis and you have bacteria in your urine. He wants you on an antibitotic for 10 days and then a follow up
    Me: Which Bacteria
    Nurse: uhm, what. Hmm. what?
    Me: Which Bacteria was found
    Nurse: I dont know, hold on a minute...... The lab doesnt know, the doctor doesnt know, we wil lhave to call you back
    Me: kthanksbai
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    so this morning i got a call from my md
    nurse: The doctor has reviewed your unrinanalysis and you have bacteria in your urine. He wants you on an antibitotic for 10 days and then a follow up
    me: Which bacteria
    nurse: Uhm, what. Hmm. What?
    Me: Which bacteria was found
    nurse: I dont know, hold on a minute...... The lab doesnt know, the doctor doesnt know, we wil lhave to call you back
    me: Kthanksbai
    :rofl:

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    Nurse: the Doctor has reviewed your unrinanalysis and you have bacteria in your urine. He wants you on an antibitotic for 10 days and then a follow up
    Nurse: I dont know, hold on a minute...... The lab doesnt know, the doctor doesnt know, we wil lhave to call you back
    Hahahahahaha.

Man.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

sapphire_chan is offline Senior Member
    So have you told the story to CW friends and co-workers and gotten the "OMG get ABX now! Just in case! I have some left over from when I had a cold that you can have!" response yet?

Maureen M is offline Senior Member
    I think its amazing I had a boss who talked to me about how I should join crossfit......then he proceeded to tell me about how he just started taking Hydroxycut that diet pill "so he could lose weight"............wtf.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    To be FAIR, urinary tract infections are serious business; they can lead to serious kidney damage if left untreated. If the infection has gotten to your bladder, then it becomes hard for the body to deal with it on its own.

But I also agree 100% that bacterial infections need to be treated with the proper, targetted antibiotic, and not just a cocktail carpet bomb of resistance-breeding chemicals.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

stewie97 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    To be FAIR, urinary tract infections are serious business; they can lead to serious kidney damage if left untreated. If the infection has gotten to your bladder, then it becomes hard for the body to deal with it on its own.

But I also agree 100% that bacterial infections need to be treated with the proper, targetted antibiotic, and not just a cocktail carpet bomb of resistance-breeding chemicals.
    my grand father in law just got out of the hospital with complications from a uti. The infection spread to his heart making the valves flutter and not pump properly. Pretty much a life threatening issue...don't screw around with a uti!

vontrapp is offline Junior Member
    CoWorker: Hey we have some holiday treats in the breakroom.
    Me: No thanks.
    Coworker: We have cupcakes and candy and homemade cookies.
    Me: nah, I'm good. I dont eat sweets.
    CoWorker: What? Cmon live a little.
    Me: No thanks, I'd rather live a lot.