Page 25 of 900 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125525 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 25

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Multi-grain = more than one grain. Doesn't have to have any whole grains at all. It's a phrase that the grain industry has been using to get people to buy products (counting on the "multigrain" vs. "whole grain" confusion) for years.
    Evil and underhanded!!

GrokGoddess is offline Member
    I read this whole thread last night. There were quite a few forehead slaps and LOLs.

I have now got a primal kitchen and got rid of all the crap. the DH understands this and has benefited very nicely by already going down one pant size in about 4 weeks, and getting heaps of compliments on the lunches I make him for work. BUT, the other night we were discussing food and Paleo/Primal life and he said "yeah, but Jesus ate bread right??". I'm not sure but I think he is confusing Jesus with Adam and Eve?? LOL

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Lots of people ate bread. The inexpensive calories afforded by agriculture helped us expand civilization. That doesn't mean it was the most health-profitable food however... just easy calories to avoid starving to death.

CW of the day: "If you have diabetes, the only problem is to decide what is the best grain."
    The ONLY problem is picking which grain! Wow, who knew diabetes was so simple.

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield
    Quote Originally Posted by gfprof View Post
    My mother had a tumor removed last year. Post-surgery, they bring her to the hospital room and take her off the IV drip, then bring her a 'healthy' meal with 'solid' food. It consisted of one container of low-fat pudding, one container of low-fat jello, and one container of low-fat applesauce.

In the HOSPITAL!
    That's NOT surprising. Standard NHS hospital food the last time I was in hospital last year: -

Mains: - steak & kidney pie, Cornish pasties, meat slices (that's 'meat', gravy and onions encased in puff pastry), shepherd's or cottage pie, fish pie (fish in a white sauce topped with mashed potatoes), toast (ALWAYS the pappiest white bread they can find), sandwiches.
    Sides: - potatoes, chips, overcooked veg, baked beans, white pasta, white rice
    Desserts: - cake, sponge pudding (either 'vanilla' sponge (as in plain) or chocolate) served with treacle (really golden syrup), chocolate or fruit sauce, rice pudding, custard, ice cream, trifle (made with tinned fruit (probably in a thick, very heavy, syrup) jelly, custard and artificial cream) cake, doughnuts, danishes, raspberry or apple turnovers (fruit encased in puff pastry covered in sugar) because the last time I was in hospital I was in Lancashire, there were Eccles cakes (think of something resembling a jam doughnut, but made out of puff pastry, containing currants and covered in sugar), fruit pies, mousse (chocolate, strawberry, raspberry or vanilla) little pots of jelly, pots of fruit in juice and ice cream.

I have no reason to believe anything's changed - but you wanna know the irony? When I was visiting my nan in hospital, in the OT room, just opposite her ward, there was a poster advertising a group they could attend where they could learn all about 'healthy' eating (healthy's in quotes because it was bound to be the CW way)!!!
    La tristesse durera toujours...

GrokGoddess is offline Member
    Hey Shrinking_Violet, maybe Jamie Oliver should've been trying to improve Hospital dinners, not School dinners!!

thanatos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrokGoddess View Post
    Hey Shrinking_Violet, maybe Jamie Oliver should've been trying to improve Hospital dinners, not School dinners!!
    Well now that's just asking for the impossible. Those hospital foods are brought to you by the people that also brought you CW.;-)

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    It never fails to madden/amuse/confuse me when I go into a hospital and see a damned McDonald's/Wendy's/Burger King.
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    Here is my new one for the day.

An adult has decided to eat healthy and then wonders how to deal with cooking for the family, because they don't like the food. Um, that mother was making 3-4 different meals EACH night to accommodate her kids. No WAY would i do that. If I believe I am eating healthy, then of course I will feed my kids the same foods. Why should they eat junk food just because they don't need to lose weight? No one should be eating the SAD!!!! Since I have seen this theme multiple times on CW weight loss sites, I guess she isn't the only one that thinks like that.

texas.grok is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    It never fails to madden/amuse/confuse me when I go into a hospital and see a damned McDonald's/Wendy's/Burger King.
    I would agree with one exception, years ago we had a former foster child that was in one of the children's hospital with a brain tumor, she didn't survive. They had a McDonald's there that we took her to. Primal or any other healthy diet be damned, those kids needed the comfort of something they enjoyed and if going to McDonald's gave them a bit of joy, so be it.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    It amazes me that I can go into a hospital cafeteria and there are no gluten free options. I guess they never expect sick people to voluntarily eat their food.