Page 245 of 895 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295345745 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 8948

Thread: Funny CW moments page 245

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My roommates made thanksgiving dinner at the house (I went home to parents). They did a pretty good job, with a full turkey and lots of side dishes. I dont really like turkey (actually, not gonna lie, i hate it) and their sides werent appealing to me so I passed when they offered to share with me.

Thing is, though, THEY havent been eating their leftovers EITHER. Whole tupperwares of turkey and mashed potatoes and green beans are slowly rotting in the fridge while they continue to make plain pasta for their meals. WTF??? They cant even beg laziness this time, since all they need to do is scoop and reheat.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    My roommates made thanksgiving dinner at the house (I went home to parents). They did a pretty good job, with a full turkey and lots of side dishes. I dont really like turkey (actually, not gonna lie, i hate it) and their sides werent appealing to me so I passed when they offered to share with me.

Thing is, though, THEY havent been eating their leftovers EITHER. Whole tupperwares of turkey and mashed potatoes and green beans are slowly rotting in the fridge while they continue to make plain pasta for their meals. WTF??? They cant even beg laziness this time, since all they need to do is scoop and reheat.
    I think this is a GOTD lol
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post

lol! I never really liked turkey either. i always hated thanksgiving food--turkey, sweet potatoes(as a kid), green beans, gravy, cranberry sauce. I wanted nothing to do with it all lol

sucks about your roommates bro

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    This is a CW frustration.

My cousin feeds her two year old daughter whole milk but has her 6 year old son drinking 1%. I assumed it was because of his acid reflux issues but, no. Her doctor told her to do it and she is going against her strong instincts to keep him on whole milk because "the doctor said".

GRRRRR...........

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcb View Post
    gahh... but [Jillian Michaels is] hot, even with that lazy eye of hers.
    I have come to this thread to disagree with you. She constantly looks pissed off, or like she's trying to pass something mildly unpleasant through her rectum.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

tcb
    tcb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    I have come to this thread to disagree with you. She constantly looks pissed off, or like she's trying to pass something mildly unpleasant through her rectum.
    Ha! It works..

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Lmao totally true. Plus she has a man voice/face.

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    To the turkey haters: try making a goose for Thanksgiving. It will blow your minds.

To stay somewhat on-topic, commercial turkeys are horrifying. My family has had goose for Thanksgiving all my life, so I had never even seen a whole turkey until two years ago when I went to my boyfriend's family's Thanksgiving. The thing just looked so wrong to me - how in the hell could a bird support a breast like that?! It was like a poultry Pamela Anderson.

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    My wife gets me a coconut oil spray. Ingredients? Coconut and Soy. Palm. Through. Face.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

mixie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudenveri View Post
    To the turkey haters: try making a goose for Thanksgiving. It will blow your minds.
    QFf*nT!

Mmm... yams roasted in leftover goose fat...

CW moment for the day--I read all kinds of weird stuff, thanks to Project Gutenberg. The other day I picked up a set of old reference books, several of which are "how to do everything" sort of books. And when they said "everything" in the mid-late 1800's, they meant "everything".* One has a recipe for "oleomargarine", which is truly horrifying.

Oleomargarine is a sweet, pure, clean food product made from rich cream and edible fats. It contains every element of nutrition found in the best creamery butter.
    And then it goes on to tell you how to make oleomargarine. Whether or not this could actually be accomplished at home I'm not sure because the pressure needed is pretty great, but the recipe is there!

*want to know how to make pen ink? Plate silver? Cure a horse of the glanders? Make your fence posts last forever? These books are fabulous!
    Last edited by mixie; 12-03-2011 at 01:12 PM.
    “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
    - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude