Page 233 of 901 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333733 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 9007

Thread: Funny CW moments page 233

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Coworkers wanted me to go with them to lunch again (another friggin pizza joint). I said ok knowing they had a sara salad (lettuce, tomato, onion, black olives, ham, jalepeno and a smattering of cheese). Its a good salad even if its skimpy. Everything else on the menu.. ugh.. a no brainer. I went to be sociable. I had my salad and water and came back to eat my pork chop and apple. Life is good, I feel great and again, its more than I can say for my wheat loving co-workers as they are bloated again.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Coworkers wanted me to go with them to lunch again (another friggin pizza joint). I said ok knowing they had a sara salad (lettuce, tomato, onion, black olives, ham, jalepeno and a smattering of cheese). Its a good salad even if its skimpy. Everything else on the menu.. ugh.. a no brainer. I went to be sociable. I had my salad and water and came back to eat my pork chop and apple. Life is good, I feel great and again, its more than I can say for my wheat loving co-workers as they are bloated again.
    Don't worry they just say they ate too much food (which is not really unreasonable since it's true!) My favorite CW quote is "everything in moderation." Wrong! Everything is everything, and such includes opium, crack, marijuana and other such drugs. Sorry, doctors don't recommend any of that stuff, unless you live in California.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fpsjosh01 View Post
    Don't worry they just say they ate too much food (which is not really unreasonable since it's true!) My favorite CW quote is "everything in moderation." Wrong! Everything is everything, and such includes opium, crack, marijuana and other such drugs. Sorry, doctors don't recommend any of that stuff, unless you live in California.
    I do, as a matter of fact, and I know many, many people here (including family members) with medical marijuana cards for conditions like anxiety, chronic pain, and to counteract the effects of cancer treatment. Fear of marijuana is largely the result of CW propaganda, just like--oh hey--much of the stuff we rant about here.

Fact: it is medically impossible to overdose from marijuana, yet alcohol poisoning kills people every year.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

tcb
    tcb is offline Senior Member
    marijuana makes me sicker than any amount of alcohol I've ever drank... so I don't know about that. The couple of times I've tried it, I swear I felt like I was going to die.

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    I do, as a matter of fact, and I know many, many people here (including family members) with medical marijuana cards for conditions like anxiety, chronic pain, and to counteract the effects of cancer treatment. Fear of marijuana is largely the result of CW propaganda, just like--oh hey--much of the stuff we rant about here.

Fact: it is medically impossible to overdose from marijuana, yet alcohol poisoning kills people every year.
    +10000

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    Why is it impossible to OD on grass? Does that apply to hash eaten in cookies & brownies too? Seems like, even if you couldn't smoke yourself into an overdose you could sure eat to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post

You got me wrong, It's just none of my business.

I'm more mad about this little part of conventional wisdom right here:

I blame wheat.
    Last edited by fpsjosh01; 11-18-2011 at 01:44 PM.
    Follow me on google+

Paleobird Guest
    ".....opium, crack, marijuana and other such drugs. Sorry, doctors don't recommend any of that stuff, unless you live in California."

Um, I think Cordivae was correcting the factual problem about lumping grass in with opium and crack. Not even in the same league. Also, it does kind of sound like you are saying we are all a bunch of stoner hippies out here in California. I don't smoke weed for the same reason I don't smoke cigarettes. Doesn't appeal. But, when I was on chemo, it allowed me to keep food down and keep my strength up.

IMO, grass is on a par with alcohol in that it can be used safely occasionally or it can also become a problem if taken to excess. But a glass of wine doesn't make you a drunk and a toke doesn't make you a stoner.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    ".....opium, crack, marijuana and other such drugs. Sorry, doctors don't recommend any of that stuff, unless you live in California."

Um, I think Cordivae was correcting the factual problem about lumping grass in with opium and crack. Not even in the same league. Also, it does kind of sound like you are saying we are all a bunch of stoner hippies out here in California. I don't smoke weed for the same reason I don't smoke cigarettes. Doesn't appeal. But, when I was on chemo, it allowed me to keep food down and keep my strength up.

IMO, grass is on a par with alcohol in that it can be used safely occasionally or it can also become a problem if taken to excess. But a glass of wine doesn't make you a drunk and a toke doesn't make you a stoner.
    You missed the point I was trying to make if nitpicking about marijuana is your goal. I'm personally just saying there's no moderating certain drugs. I'm mad about the words "everything" in moderation.
    Follow me on google+

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Married an alcoholic. He turned violent very often.

Dated a stoner. He fell asleep during dinner a lot.

I ditched them both, but guess which one was scary as hell, causing me to call the cops, and which one was merely annoying as hell.

Go ahead and smoke. I don't care.

Other drugs? Yeah, they're pretty much stupid and screw up your life, along with those of everyone around you.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com