Page 230 of 869 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280330730 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 8685

Thread: Funny CW moments page 230

Faeth4cu is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    A guy I know who's recently started working out and trying to eat healthy: "I hadn't realised how much saturated fat a cake contains, it's worrying!"

Yes, he's worried about the saturated fat content of a CAKE, which is made almost entirely of white flour and sugar. Sigh.

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    I swear, with all of the stuff I hear at work, I could dedicate a thread to it. My boss knows a couple of girlfriends who are on a "powder and vegetable diet". her daughter was like "well, what do they do when they lose weight? what do they eat when they're done?" and boss was like "they're just gonna stay on the powder, they have to, forever!"

MadelynMc is online now Senior Member
    I have a friend who's kid has chronic ear infections. She posted on FB that she was taking him to an ENT, so I asked her if he eats dairy. She was like, "He reallyy doesn't eat THAT much dairy, blah blah blah, it's just because the fluid is trapped and has nowhere to go." I guess it never occurred to her that it's not normal to have excess fluid and mucus, as if the fact that its trapped is the whole problem. Now she just posted that he's getting his SECOND set of tubes. The poor kid. It's getting increasingly harder to keep my mouth shut when it's about kids. In the age of Google there isn't much excuse for being ignorant. Even by CW, dairy is a huge culprit in sinus/ear problems. It's all over Google.
    Last edited by MadelynMc; 11-15-2011 at 01:46 PM. Reason: auto-correct fail

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    My dad is officially jealous. At the 200 lb mark (yay), he compliments me about my weight loss, but doesn't seem to get that red meat is ok.

CW is so boringly stupid.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

531maniac is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fpsjosh01 View Post
    doesn't seem to get that red meat is ok.

CW is so boringly stupid.
    when i learned that i could lose weight eating lots of red meat and bacon i jumped on board right away

Quote Originally Posted by 531maniac View Post
    when i learned that i could lose weight eating lots of red meat and bacon i jumped on board right away
    I know right?! I specifically looked for diets that had bacon in them. Just so I could eat saturated fat. I knew it wasn't bad for me (thanks tom naughton)
    Follow me on google+

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MadelynMc View Post
    I have a friend who's kid has chronic ear infections. She posted on FB that she was taking him to an ENT, so I asked her if he eats dairy. She was like, "He reallyy doesn't eat THAT much dairy, blah blah blah, it's just because the fluid is trapped and has nowhere to go." I guess it never occurred to her that it's not normal to have excess fluid and mucus, as if the fact that its trapped is the whole problem. Now she just posted that he's getting his SECOND set of tubes. The poor kid. It's getting increasingly harder to keep my mouth shut when it's about kids. In the age of Google there isn't much excuse for being ignorant. Even by CW, dairy is a huge culprit in sinus/ear problems. It's all over Google.
    Some friends of mine just had a baby back in January. It is SO HARD to keep my damn mouth shut about - well, everything. "Little one just ate her first cereal!" on FB - nooooo. I can't say anything, since, y'know, Other Peoples' Kids. And now she and another friend who are both extremely overweight/obese are starting a weight loss diet, and talking about counting calories and using the blue plate trick, and oh, man. I still can't say anything, though, because although I've been overweight in my life (and spent four hellish years in elementary school as the Fat Kid), neither of them have seen me heavy, and I don't want to be that person.

Another funny thing worth bumping.

Coworker just complained he doesn't like to cook food. If he can eat it raw, he does. This goes for canned foods and other terrible disgusting things.

Why?

WHY?
    Follow me on google+

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MadelynMc View Post
    ugghhh, i went through that. even had my adenoids burned off when i was a toddler. not sure exactly what my diet was back then, but i can bet it was chock full of dairy and grains

AnarchoGrok is offline Senior Member
    Over heard at grocery store. One overweight women to the other. The were both very excited to see each other! "There she is my weight watchers lifer partner" the other says "I know we have both been in weight watchers for over 20 years!"

It is strange to hear that but it was not that long ago that I was stuck as well. My heart goes out them. I wish I could help but alas I know that I can not.