Page 223 of 880 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273323723 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 8800

Thread: Funny CW moments page 223

sarah1990 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel

Face, meet palm.

mammlouk is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Yes!

The Boyfriend's grandson had a birthday party last weekend, and the only food there was pizza, neon frosted cake, Coke and Sprite. Crap. I should have brought my own food - true. Yes, I could have scraped off the cheese and eaten that, followed with water from the drinking fountain but... seriously! So I had one slice of pizza. Then I decided the cake would be okay if it were just a small slice. Then I was thirsty, so maybe a few sips of Sprite.

I was still finding every possible source of sugar available 3 or 4 days later until I started falling asleep at work and having trouble thinking through the brain fog.

Yeah. Moderation works just great.
    I have been fighting with this too. my wife being pregnant we have made some more concessions than usual and then there was halloween. All of a sudden it has been an impossible battle against sugar cravings again. Sugar is absolutely an addiction and your body craves it after just a little bit. Time to crack down against the addiction again.
    Beginning of Primal Journey:
    Date: 4/6/2011
    Weight: 247

Progress:

“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” ~ Thomas Jefferson

hockeyfan7 is offline Senior Member
    On the front page of my Woman's World magazine this week:

Lost 9 Pounds! Melt belly fat eating your favorite cereal (even Lucky Charms or Cocoa Krsipies)!

The article says that cereal is full of polyphenols that block the calories from being absorbed by your body so they don't count.

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan7 View Post
    On the front page of my Woman's World magazine this week:

Lost 9 Pounds! Melt belly fat eating your favorite cereal (even Lucky Charms or Cocoa Krsipies)!

The article says that cereal is full of polyphenols that block the calories from being absorbed by your body so they don't count.
    Woman's World is horrible. For years I've been making fun of them when I see the covers at the store, because there literally is ALWAYS a headline saying, "Lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks!" or something like that, and then a giant picture of a cake or something next to it promising to share the recipe inside

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clymb View Post
    Woman's World is horrible. For years I've been making fun of them when I see the covers at the store, because there literally is ALWAYS a headline saying, "Lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks!" or something like that, and then a giant picture of a cake or something next to it promising to share the recipe inside
    LOL same with the diabetic ones!!!

I saw this ad on a forum I browse:

Weight-control oatmeal!!
    Super grain breakfast!!!

so much hilarity

hockeyfan7 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clymb View Post
    I read it just to laugh at the "diet of the week" and to see how many different diets Dr. Oz can promote in a year.

NurseMama5 is offline Senior Member
    Iowa billboard equates bacon with cigarettes

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...,5644347.story
    On behalf of Iowa, I apologize. Coincidentally, I just bought 5 lbs of bacon after work
    "I tried to call the nurse again, but she's bein' a little bitch....I think I'll get outta here." Pink

primalprincess7 is offline Senior Member
    Done and done: Hulu - Saturday Night Live: Ask Dr. Oz
    haha that is funny
    I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

MadelynMc is offline Senior Member
    Iowa can pry my bacon from my cold, dead hands.

I don't get it. Why villify bacon and not the crap that makes most bacon bad? Nitrates anyone? Mutant pork?

Goldsmith is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MadelynMc View Post
    Iowa can pry my bacon from my cold, dead hands.
    I don't think it's Iowa that wants to take your bacon... I think it's some hippie special interest group who bought a billboard.
    "Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."
    - John Kennedy Toole (A Confederacy of Dunces)