Page 22 of 901 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122522 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 22

hiker is offline Senior Member
    I do that if I dehydrate it for hiking. Unfortunately, 'they' say that the fats turn rancid, and trust me, I don't want to get sick from my food 'x' days into a hike and far from a trailhead.

Re: rinse hamburger with water. If you are dehydrating, the easiest way to do this is outside with the hose. put a colander in a big pan. Pour the cooked hamburger into the colander and turn on the hose. Rinse really well, take colander out, dump water, and repeat, until you see no fat in the water.
    Last edited by hiker; 08-24-2010 at 09:10 PM.

hiker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Catalina View Post
    Does anyone else know folks who rinse their ground beef after cooking to get rid of the fat? A friend, who is very health-conscious in a CW way, told me she does that. I was amazed--never heard of it before.
    I do when I dehydrate hamburger. 'They' say that fats turn rancid and believe me I don't want to get sick 'x' days into a hike far from a trailhead.

whiteblackred is offline Junior Member
    Noticing that apple, orange and green banana trio on coworkers desks' from Walgreens always smacks of some half hearted attempt at nutrition.

cemdev is offline Senior Member
    i recently went to the hospital for a colonoscopy. You have to fast for over a day before hand, and drink litres of this nasty saline solution to induce diarrhea the day before. when you're done, they give you a little sugar water drink, and recommend when you get home you start with something 'easy to digest' like bread, pasta or the like. i nodded thanks and went home and ate some meat.

doghead is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday I got one that I know many of us have heard before...

I was contemplating doing a full day of IF, but opted to go home for lunch to cook up some bacon strips. A friend stopped by as I was done cooking - this is the conversation -

Friend - "Oh man that smells good"
    Me - 'Yeah just cooked some bacon"
    Friend - "Man I wish I could eat that"
    Me - "Want some?"
    Friend - "No, you can eat that because you're skinny. I having some turkey and white rice later..."
    Me - "OK" -CHOMP on some delicious uncured bacon...

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    I typically walk campus barefoot. After class today one of my classmates asked about it, and came up with this gem... "Have you gotten any infections from doing that?"

I mean, it's a valid question sure, but that comes into play virtually only when you already have open wounds...
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

kmacphee is offline Senior Member
    This happened on the weekend...

I love to make ground beef scrambler (eggs/veggies and ground beef) for breakfast here and there. In the excitement of the morning I forgot to keep the eggs separate from the beef mixture (my wife's preference) and proceeded to dish out the delicious meal. My wife looked at me with that 'look' and I realized my mistake. So I said "sorry, why don't you just try it." She responded by saying "ground beef for breakfast! Ground beef isn't really a breakfast item."

So I laughed and asked her what she would do if that was all we could afford and/or were starving, would she pass because it isn't socially acceptable to eat ground beef in the morning. Then she got mad, ate a piece of toast with jam and I had a heaping plate of my ground beef scrambler.

I find it so liberating to be relieved from the social/cultural norms when it comes to what to eat and when. (Eggs for breakfast, sandwich for lunch and meat/potatoes for dinner). Now, I will eat whatever food that fuels me at any time. My friends think I am extremely weird to have bacon and eggs at work, or a piece of steak and an apple for a bed time snack. if only my wife would jump on board, life would be so much easier!

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Ask her if it's only ground BEEF that isn't for breakfast... as sausage is ground pork and it's used in breakfasts all of the time. Why pig and not cow? Sounds like discrimination to me

Just kidding... some people just feel safer in the box.

Silly people.
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    Remember the proposal that statins be provided as a condiment with fast food?

Place soft cushions on the ground below your jaw, and then read this from one of the proponents of the idea:
    http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.p...rcher-replies/

Sam Cree is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    When I was a little kid back in the 50's, Mom used to tell us that it was bread and sweets that were fattening; to stay thin we should just eat meat and vegetables. I'm pretty sure that was the CW of the 50's. Very funny how we've come full circle. Well, at least some of us.

My little brother, who is 60, developed heart problems 15 or so years ago. His cardiologists have pretty consistently recommended low fat, low protein diets, one even recommended becoming vegetarian. Trouble is, he just keeps gaining weight. The cardio guys always accuse him of cheating on the diet, but I can't help but believe that it's because he's on a low fat diet - eating carbs just makes you hungry all the time and eventually you give in and have a food binge. It's just sad and it makes me fear for him.