Page 215 of 871 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265315715 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 8704

Thread: Funny CW moments page 215

hazmat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulamar View Post
    My job had a bake sale to help diabetes research.

I don't even know what to say to that. I donated 5 dollars and told them I didn't want anything. They tried to force me to take a few items. It was mostly baked bread, cookies, cupcakes, and cake.
    You have to love people selling products that increase the chances of getting the condition that they are trying to prevent or make you aware of. Just think about how dumb that is?

tcb
    tcb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hazmat View Post
    You have to love people selling products that increase the chances of getting the condition that they are trying to prevent or make you aware of. Just think about how dumb that is?
    It's called job security...

mixie is offline Senior Member
    I just posted this in one of the pregnancy support threads--I just found out I'm knocked up. In the last couple days I've had an absolute FLOOD of "no fatty foods! No salt! Eat soda crackers constantly!" I suspect I'm going to be doing a bunch of smiling and nodding for the next seven months ;0)
    “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
    - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mixie View Post
    I just posted this in one of the pregnancy support threads--I just found out I'm knocked up. In the last couple days I've had an absolute FLOOD of "no fatty foods! No salt! Eat soda crackers constantly!" I suspect I'm going to be doing a bunch of smiling and nodding for the next seven months ;0)
    HAHAHA, this stuff is amazing to me. Smile and nod all the time. When your physician asks you how your diet is doing, just say you have this incredible urge to eat bacon. My wife trolls her doctor all the time like this.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    A friend of mine just went through a pregnancy where she had practically every possible complication possible. She spent most of nine months nauseous in bed. The baby, steven, was born healthy and fine, which is a relief, but I felt so bad for her and knew that if only she was eating better it probably would have gone much smoother. :/
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

tcb
    tcb is offline Senior Member
    Congrats!

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    I just posted this in one of the pregnancy support threads--I just found out I'm knocked up.
    Congratulations! I hope your little one posts as interestingly as you do one day
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

tplank is offline Senior Member
    I was at a convenience store this morning...a nice place...with guy handing out coupons by the front door. He smiled big, thrust the coupon out and said, "Here is a coupon for a free pastry!" When I politely declined, he was visibly incredulous. He even followed me a little ways, "Sir, its free. You don't even have to buy anything." Hahahaha. I went and got my coffee and couldn't help but watch the people grabbing the coupons enthusiastically (as I would have three years ago). The space in front of the big pastry display was like piranhas going after fresh kill.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tplank View Post
    I was at a convenience store this morning...a nice place...with guy handing out coupons by the front door. He smiled big, thrust the coupon out and said, "Here is a coupon for a free pastry!" When I politely declined, he was visibly incredulous. He even followed me a little ways, "Sir, its free. You don't even have to buy anything." Hahahaha. I went and got my coffee and couldn't help but watch the people grabbing the coupons enthusiastically (as I would have three years ago). The space in front of the big pastry display was like piranhas going after fresh kill.
    A similar thing happened to me at a fancy market store, they were offering tastes of olive oil and balsamic, but of course the tastes were on squares of bread. The guy offered me one, I politely declined, and he literally looked taken aback. I was like, "Umm...sorry?"
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

mixie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    A similar thing happened to me at a fancy market store, they were offering tastes of olive oil and balsamic, but of course the tastes were on squares of bread. The guy offered me one, I politely declined, and he literally looked taken aback. I was like, "Umm...sorry?"
    I went to a fancy-pants olive oil and vinegar tasting a few months ago! They served the tastes in these eentsy little tablespoon-sized cups, so you could taste them on their own--no bread needed. It was great, especially seeing how many people seemed baffled at the idea of tasting the fancy oils or vinegars for their own merits.

Thanks for the 'grats, guys! =D
    “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
    - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude