Page 21 of 883 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121521 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 21

ColoradoSteve is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    My aunt was recently talking about making a chocolate-zucchini cake with some of the zucchini from my garden. I told her that she was welcome to have some to make the cake but that I wouldn't be eating any as it isn't primal.
    Yeah - but Chocolate Zucchini cake is pretty darn tasty!!
    Never, never, never quit! -- Winston Churchill

Xenya is offline Member
    i'm currently in school for holistic nutrition. while majority of teachers are phenomenal and support my lifestyle, there are always few pasty weaklings that chew on their homemade granola bars every hour or so. it always boggles my mind how we learn the science behind the physiology only to be followed by contradicting grain love! I used to provoke discussions but at one point i just got tired. i just quietly snack on my medium rare steak and try not to make eye contact with my raw eating classmate sitting next to me. ( well, not anymore hehe)

anyhow... before PB ( i was already "non grainer" ) I wen't to see very respected and published registered dietitian. Just to expend my horizons and get some professional advise on future career focus.
    oh boy... it was the most awkward 2 minutes of introductions in my entire life. the only thing I was able to focus is her very very round face with lots of red capillaries attached to an overweight, heavy and aged body ( she is in her early 40's). i thought that i got caught in a slow motion movie scene when she was getting up from her chair, only to realize that it was her normal pace. she doest hate on the Fat ( and is vocal about it - that's why i went to her in the first place) but is all about the Holy Whole Grains.

the saddest thing is that she is booked up 2-3 months in advance and charges about 100$ for an hour of her Canadian Food guide preaching. blleehhh

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    I had a brief and passing thought about getting into nutrition as a career, and I am glad there are those of you (nudge nudge Xenya) who are doing it and are going to be the people to pass on some good information. But I couldn't do it. To train I'd have to listen to and spew back crap that I knew wasn't true until I could get out on my own. I don't have the constitution for it.

So far in my studies to become a therapist, I don't have that issue. However whenever people describe depressive tendencies i always want to include diet change and supplements into the treatment plan. At least in my head!!
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Xenya is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Minxxa View Post
    I had a brief and passing thought about getting into nutrition as a career, and I am glad there are those of you (nudge nudge Xenya) who are doing it and are going to be the people to pass on some good information. But I couldn't do it. To train I'd have to listen to and spew back crap that I knew wasn't true until I could get out on my own. I don't have the constitution for it.
    oh so true! Luckily my program follows the out of the box approach for the most of the time. "dietitian" is almost an offensive term for a holistic nutritionist. and i can see why.

as for the link b/w depression and diet - i never realized how much of an affect it has until i felt it for myself. i'm not the same person I was a year ago. my world back then was so grey, slow and negative... crying was a part of my daily routine. i'm sure that if I would mention that to a doctor I would be on prozac in no time. people don't realize that parasympathetic dominance is partially caused by diet... and that dominance affects hormones. such a simple concept.. le sigh.

elwyne is offline Senior Member
    I think some of these belong on fml.

Lodini is offline Senior Member
    This isn't funny, necessarily... but I didn't want to start a whole new thread.

Today one of my coworkers cornered me in the kitchen while I was heating up my lunch. She said "you look so great! You've lost so much weight! what kind of diet are you doing?"

I started to speak, but nothing came out. I thought about it for about a minute... she was looking at me like I was crazy. I said "I cut my calories and work out." She said "but what are you eating?" I said "protein, fat and lots of veggies"

She said "so low carb?"... and I said "well, I cut out grains and sugar, but that's not part of my "diet" thats just for health reasons"... and she looked at me like I was crazy. Then proceeded to tell me that she couldn't live without sugar. I decided that was the end of that conversation and thanked her for noticing my progress and walked away.

It was very weird for me... as it's the first time I have had to explain myself. I wasn't ready for it. And it was much more awkward than I would have thought! Ugh... rant over.
    Starting weight, June 10, 2010: 213 pounds
    Current weight, October 31, 2010: 177 pounds
    Goal: Happiness, Health, Hotness

Screw "moderation"!!

Jason VT is offline Senior Member
    The company I work for has been big on health lately. They've gone with some positives by bringing in a physical therapist to promote and teach stretching, set up a CSA for those of us who want it, started a walking program, etc. However, their attempt at nutrition is all CW. In the breakroom today there were people giving out free samples of Whole Grains while explaining the amazing benefits of whole grains. As I went in to re-heat my salmon and veggie soup one of them cornered me and tried to peddle a free package of Triscuits and peanut butter (what peanut butter has to do with whole grains I don't know) on me. When I said I don't eat grains because they're not good for you, the guy tried to tell me I was wrong. So, I asked him what he thought of Gluten, Lectin and Phytates: he had never heard of them!

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenya View Post
    oh so true! Luckily my program follows the out of the box approach for the most of the time. "dietitian" is almost an offensive term for a holistic nutritionist. and i can see why.

as for the link b/w depression and diet - i never realized how much of an affect it has until i felt it for myself. i'm not the same person I was a year ago. my world back then was so grey, slow and negative... crying was a part of my daily routine. i'm sure that if I would mention that to a doctor I would be on prozac in no time. people don't realize that parasympathetic dominance is partially caused by diet... and that dominance affects hormones. such a simple concept.. le sigh.
    Ah.... well that program sounds MUCH better! I have a lot of the same issues with therapy/depression/diet... in that most counselors don't consider nutrition AT ALL in regard to depression. I'm sure I'll not get to really exercise that portion of things until I've got my own practice, at which point I'll pair up with a good doc and/or nutritional holistic practitioner that I can use in conjunction. I'm intending to specialize in sex therapy, but diet comes into affect with that as well (with orgasmic difficulties), so I'm hoping to help people in a more well-rounded way.
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodini View Post
    This isn't funny, necessarily... but I didn't want to start a whole new thread.

Today one of my coworkers cornered me in the kitchen while I was heating up my lunch. She said "you look so great! You've lost so much weight! what kind of diet are you doing?"

I started to speak, but nothing came out. I thought about it for about a minute... she was looking at me like I was crazy. I said "I cut my calories and work out." She said "but what are you eating?" I said "protein, fat and lots of veggies"

She said "so low carb?"... and I said "well, I cut out grains and sugar, but that's not part of my "diet" thats just for health reasons"... and she looked at me like I was crazy. Then proceeded to tell me that she couldn't live without sugar. I decided that was the end of that conversation and thanked her for noticing my progress and walked away.

It was very weird for me... as it's the first time I have had to explain myself. I wasn't ready for it. And it was much more awkward than I would have thought! Ugh... rant over.
    the first time is always the hardest. my knee-jerk reaction explanation now is "i just stopped eating crap and started eating the food my body is made to eat"... only if they probe do I say "meats, veggies, fruits, and nuts. nothing more, unless i need a treat, like a little dark chocolate or some cheese."
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason VT View Post
    The company I work for has been big on health lately. They've gone with some positives by bringing in a physical therapist to promote and teach stretching, set up a CSA for those of us who want it, started a walking program, etc. However, their attempt at nutrition is all CW. In the breakroom today there were people giving out free samples of Whole Grains while explaining the amazing benefits of whole grains. As I went in to re-heat my salmon and veggie soup one of them cornered me and tried to peddle a free package of Triscuits and peanut butter (what peanut butter has to do with whole grains I don't know) on me. When I said I don't eat grains because they're not good for you, the guy tried to tell me I was wrong. So, I asked him what he thought of Gluten, Lectin and Phytates: he had never heard of them!
    Not even gluten?? What an idiot.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>