Page 208 of 901 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308708 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 9004

Thread: Funny CW moments page 208

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    I always loaded the meat up with cheese anyway. I really can't eat ground beef without it.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Pimzilla is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AccidentalPrimal View Post
    Sadness first: A relative of someone I know has cancer. That's all the specifics I'll give.

But here's the (bitter) hilarity: Our acquaintance finally convinced their relative to see a nutritionist to try and dietarily improve the time they have left. As the (hospital-employed) nutritionist went down the (CW) dietary guidelines with them, and they began to see a ray of hope, the nutritionist told them straight-out that they don't personally believe that diet has, or can have, any affect on someone's health!

You don't even have to know anything about PB or its tenets for that one. That's just ri-goddamn-diculous. But these are the people trying to tell us all how to eat and live healthfully.
    I'm not a dietician but I got a master's degree in nutrition. I used to work as a personal trainer aswell and although I believe I am better than many PTs out there I was frustrated with how I could never get the results I wanted. I knew something was wrong but except from excess sugar I didn't really think grains were part of the problem. So in a way I understand that nutritionist and admires them for at least telling their truth. CW diet doesn't have any effect on someone's health, I think this person might actually be open minded about alternative ways of using nutrition for healing if they were to get the right information.

Soooo after quite a few hours reading this thread instead of doing things that I should have done I think I need to share my CW moment a couple of weeks ago.

Me: I have stopped eating grains and sugar and actually I feel great!
    Friend: But you aren't that fat, you don't need to lose a lot of weight.
    Me: Well I do have some excess fat and I also have asthma and allergies and sugar promotes inflammation.
    Friend: That is bullshit, I have spent so much time with the doctor because my wife got asthma and he says we should be careful with nuts because you don't always know if you are sensitive to them:
    Me: That might be true but I don't usually eat nuts, just increased my intake when I cut out the sugar so I doubt that is the problem here. And yes too much sugar promotes inflammation.
    Friend: I have never heard that sugar causes inflammation that is just bullshit.
    Me: Anyway, I feel a lot better and my asthma has actually improved a bit already. I'm just eating 50-70g of carbs a day.
    Friend: That is dangerous! You need to go speak to a doctor first!
    Me: Huh, why? I got a master's degree in nutrition I don't think the doctor can tell me anything I don't know better.
    Friend: Because you cant live on 50g carbs a day, it's dangerous you need energy.
    Me: Ummm I eat PLENTY of fat, don't worry about my energy.
    Friend: Ok, I'm gonna go read up on this and then we can continue.
    Me: lol go ahead, looking forward to it

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimzilla View Post
    Friend: Ok, I'm gonna go read up on this and then we can continue.
    Me: lol go ahead, looking forward to it
    And of course because your friend already has an opinion before researching, it's rather likely that all s/he will come up with are items to support the "low carb is terribad" claims.

But perhaps I'm overly pessimistic. After all, everybody ever came from a relatively CW background and managed to realize this works for us...
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucyh View Post
    I usually do scrambled. Microwaves vary, so you may need to experiment a little, but I beat three eggs in a bowl and then cook at 60% power for 3 1/2 minutes. Stir, and put in for another minute, still at 60% power. The trick is to take them out before they are completely done, and then stir them again, really well. They'll continue cooking and be just right by the time you get back to your desk This keeps them from getting all dried out.

I also sometimes do poached. Fill a bowl with hot water from the coffee maker, place it in the microwave, and then carefully crack two eggs into the bowl. Cook for about a minute (again, it may take some experimenting to get it right, start with 40 seconds, and check). It would help to have a slotted spoon to lift them out, but I manage to just use a regular spoon. I lose a lot of the egg whites this way, but as long as the yolks are all there, I'm okay with that.

Three days later, and I still haven't touched that Halloween candy!
    Make sure to tell them when you cut grains that means you usually cut about 150g of carbs out anyway. As long as you follow what your body tells you (avoiding grain addiction) you naturally go lower carb.

Plus, if he wants to argue you about bacon, he's been lost to CW and should be given up on anyway ;-).

Another thought, how about telling him to eat 300g of carbs in vegtables and tell me how he feels.
    Last edited by fpsjosh01; 10-28-2011 at 09:53 AM. Reason: grammar change
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    And of course because your friend already has an opinion before researching, it's rather likely that all s/he will come up with are items to support the "low carb is terribad" claims.
    It's funny how people argue in circles about carbs. "Low carb is bad for you because you need carbs!" Hard to argue with that.

For such a strongly held position, you'd think there would be loads of research exploring the hazards of low carb. But the science is remarkably incomplete. I sure would like to hear what the carb-touting friend comes up with.

hockeyfan7 is offline Senior Member
    A lady at work just stocked up on Halloween candy - bags and bags of it. She keeps it at her desk and eats it all day long because she said she "needs those frequent bursts of energy" she gets from the candy.

Um sure - and the insulin rush is doing her body so much good . . .

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    It's funny how people argue in circles about carbs. "Low carb is bad for you because you need carbs!" Hard to argue with that.

For such a strongly held position, you'd think there would be loads of research exploring the hazards of low carb. But the science is remarkably incomplete. I sure would like to hear what the carb-touting friend comes up with.
    Honestly, I just tell them cutting grains does the "Low carbing" for you.

One of my friends is trying it and seems to be hitting low carb flu already. Maybe low carb flu is just the low grain blues?

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan7 View Post
    A lady at work just stocked up on Halloween candy - bags and bags of it. She keeps it at her desk and eats it all day long because she said she "needs those frequent bursts of energy" she gets from the candy.

Um sure - and the insulin rush is doing her body so much good . . .
    LOL these people are so inteligent. I can't even fathom how they think they are going to lose weight. Even CW people think this is a bad idea...
    Last edited by fpsjosh01; 10-28-2011 at 11:33 AM. Reason: lol
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

I will let you know next time I speak to him, even though I doubt he's done his reading to be able to come up with anything. He is polish so he also blames his poor english for not being able to express himself
    Last time I spoke to him he said that he had a huge cupcake and wondered if I wanted any. First time in my life I could honestly reply, no thanks I actually don't feel for it. Even though I still do at times, but it's minor cravings compared to what I'm used to

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So my roomie had a friend over, and she's vegan. I immediately starting giving her shit (in a joking way, she took it all in good humor). Anyways, I made a joke about saving the animals or something, and she said she's a nutritional vegan, she doesn't give a damn about the animals. I gave a big groan about it and said "oh no". About 15 minutes later, she and my roomie were making dinner, and they were having pasta that included some vegan "sausage" in it. I said something about the sausage and she's like, "well, some vegans are really picky about what they eat, but I really don't give a shit."

Huh? How can you be a vegan for "nutritional" reasons and then not give a shit about what you eat? Dumb broad. Lol.