Page 206 of 877 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256306706 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 8769

Thread: Funny CW moments page 206

Dracil is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalBeth View Post
    It sure doesn't help to see registered dieticians posting crap like this in a public forum:
    "Healthiest fat sources are those that contain a higher amount of polyunsaturated fat and monounsaturated. Things like: fatty fish, nuts, seeds, peanuts, avocados, olive oil, canola oil and other liquid vegetable oils. Unhealthy fat sources are those with a higher amount of saturated fat and trans fatty acids."

Not to keep dogpiling on sparkpeople's staff, but good gawd. Who signs their paychecks?
    It's why I don't really bother going there anymore. You can't help those who don't want to be helped. Horse, water, red and blue pill, etc.

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucyh View Post
    We just got our annual Halloween candy delivery from the office building management-a giant washtub in each kitchen. It's on the counter under the microwave where I cook my eggs every morning.
    As one who also "cooks her eggs every morning" in the microwave, at work. How do you do yours? I've heated already hard boiled, out of the shell, naturally and now I'm experimenting with various ways to scramble them. Seems to work great. I just can't seem to manage breakfast before I leave for work in the morning so I do it there.

Tony Atomic is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctiluca View Post
    This made my day. Thanks Noctiluca!

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Atomic View Post
    This made my day. Thanks Noctiluca!
    It seemed the perfect paleo haloween picture!

lucyh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    As one who also "cooks her eggs every morning" in the microwave, at work. How do you do yours? I've heated already hard boiled, out of the shell, naturally and now I'm experimenting with various ways to scramble them. Seems to work great. I just can't seem to manage breakfast before I leave for work in the morning so I do it there.
    I usually do scrambled. Microwaves vary, so you may need to experiment a little, but I beat three eggs in a bowl and then cook at 60% power for 3 1/2 minutes. Stir, and put in for another minute, still at 60% power. The trick is to take them out before they are completely done, and then stir them again, really well. They'll continue cooking and be just right by the time you get back to your desk This keeps them from getting all dried out.

I also sometimes do poached. Fill a bowl with hot water from the coffee maker, place it in the microwave, and then carefully crack two eggs into the bowl. Cook for about a minute (again, it may take some experimenting to get it right, start with 40 seconds, and check). It would help to have a slotted spoon to lift them out, but I manage to just use a regular spoon. I lose a lot of the egg whites this way, but as long as the yolks are all there, I'm okay with that.

Three days later, and I still haven't touched that Halloween candy!
    My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

sixpack-rc is offline Senior Member
    I think if you add a touch of vinegar to the water you probably won't lose as much of the white. It binds the protein (or so my BIL who's a chef says).

~rc

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks so much! I haven't tried poached eggs yet. It doesn't sound difficult and I prefer them poached a little harder. Think I might grab a slotted vegetable serving spoon from home. Who'd miss it, I'm usually the only one that eats vegetables. Family is not Primal they're "Multi-Fast Food".

Congrats for staying out of the Halloween candy.

PaleoYute is offline Junior Member
    It seems like this thread is one part funny CW moments, one part horrific CW moments lol

lucyh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sixpack-rc View Post
    I think if you add a touch of vinegar to the water you probably won't lose as much of the white. It binds the protein (or so my BIL who's a chef says).

~rc
    Thanks rc, I think you're right about that. I haven't been organized enough to bring vinegar to work (except the balsamic I use for salads, but I don't think that's the right kind).
    My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucyh View Post
    Thanks rc, I think you're right about that. I haven't been organized enough to bring vinegar to work (except the balsamic I use for salads, but I don't think that's the right kind).
    I think you need to use the white distilled.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.