Page 204 of 880 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214254304704 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 8800

Thread: Funny CW moments page 204

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Work had a Harvest brunch recently, for everyone in the building. I went by to be social and grab a coffee, and to see what there was to eat. Two tables covered with food, all of it baked or involving grains and sugar. One fruit platter. So I had a coffee, and some fruit, and socialized, and because I don't make a big deal out of it, no one noticed I didn't eat anything different than anyone else.

I really was hoping there'd be something a bit more savoury though.
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

tcb
    tcb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucyh View Post
    We just got our annual Halloween candy delivery from the office building management-a giant washtub in each kitchen. It's on the counter under the microwave where I cook my eggs every morning. I'm not the least bit interested, but in years past I would paw through it for all the best stuff and keep a stash in my desk that would last for a week.
    It'll be time for me to keep the "candy table" stocked before too long when I start getting my annual Christmas junk food from the guys I do business with.

OperaDivaMom is offline Senior Member
    The 6.5 month old I watch has started eating baby food, and FAR prefers it to formula (I don't blame her). I was feeding her a little leftover container of orange goo from the fridge today, I figured it was squash or something. Then I read the label. Macaroni and Cheese. MACARONI AND CHEESE PUREE. Keep in mind that this baby has had reflux since birth, is on meds for it, and needs the "sensitive" formula because she has lactose issues. Her mother is a DOCTOR, she should know better!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OperaDivaMom View Post
    The 6.5 month old I watch has started eating baby food, and FAR prefers it to formula (I don't blame her). I was feeding her a little leftover container of orange goo from the fridge today, I figured it was squash or something. Then I read the label. Macaroni and Cheese. MACARONI AND CHEESE PUREE. Keep in mind that this baby has had reflux since birth, is on meds for it, and needs the "sensitive" formula because she has lactose issues. Her mother is a DOCTOR, she should know better!
    UGH.. thats right up there with my daughter's pediatrician telling me when my daughter was 6 months (20% percentile in height and weight) that I needed to watch her weight and formula so she doesn't become obese (because I am fat) and to take the bottle away and give her a sippy cup. Whaaat?? Crazy b*&$%! Changed docs!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    How does:
    so we went to a McDonald's drive thru.
    Elicit the following?:

Also, nice to see someone else feed their dogs well.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

pqlal789qreo is offline Junior Member
    A guy I know who's recently started working out and trying to eat healthy: "I hadn't realised how much saturated fat a cake contains, it's worrying!"

hockeyfan7 is offline Senior Member
    IHOP is advertising a free deal for kids on Halloween night. It's a giant pancake with a happy face. The eyes are whipped cream with 2 oreo cookies. The nose is a strawberry. The mouth is whipped cream with candy corn spaced through it. Yeah like that's good for a kid.

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan7 View Post
    IHOP is advertising a free deal for kids on Halloween night. It's a giant pancake with a happy face. The eyes are whipped cream with 2 oreo cookies. The nose is a strawberry. The mouth is whipped cream with candy corn spaced through it. Yeah like that's good for a kid.
    Free health crisis? Hell yeah! It's crazy convenient.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Nekron is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan7 View Post
    Yeah like anyone gives a fuck about healthy food on Halloween night :/

ELizabeth826 is offline Senior Member
    I was at meetings all day yesterday with people from my team and people from the client team. My coworker had brought two dozen Dukin Doughnuts to, “put everyone in a good mood” She and a woman from the client team had 3 each and complained about it several times during out afternoon session.

Also during the afternoon session, one of the guys from the client team (who has cancer!!) was like, “I don't know how you people can drink that,” while pointing to a bottle of water and drinking a diet coke (he drinks diet coke CONSTANTLY).

Several others around the table started chiming in about “Oh water is so good for you no calories blah blah blah.” And he said, “Oh, well diet coke doesn’t have any calories.” To which I responded, “Yeah, but it has tons of chemicals.” He replied, “Without chemicals life would not exist.” (Such a smart ass.) And I said, “Sure, but I mean weird, scary chemicals that aren’t found in nature.” And mercifully that is where the conversation ended because I was THIS CLOSE to accidentally responding, “Sure, but I mean weird, cancer causing chemicals.”

Which would have been absolutely horrible (though hilarious for everyone not involved I’m sure).