Page 203 of 887 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253303703 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 8870

Thread: Funny CW moments page 203

dragonjax is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by tcb View Post
    That table is literally right outside my office door. Co-workers are amazed at my self control.. I am equally amazed at their lack thereof.
    THIS.

My family isn't primal, not in the least. My kids eat cereal. My husband eats grains. My kids love the occasional junky dessert. So along with all the fruits, vegetables, nuts, eggs, meats, fish, and homemade dishes, my house has bread, pasta, cereal, dairy, bagels, chocolate, chips and cookies. Oh, and Halloween chocolate too.

I don't eat any of it.

I'm no longer even tempted when I make sandwiches for my kids or husband. I have an emergency stash of Ezekiel bread in the downstairs freezer in case the day ever comes when I really do want to have bread. So far, that day hasn't come.

Meanwhile, my kids are slowly having more and more fresh fruit and vegetables, and eggs are no longer limited to a Sunday breakfast. Slowly but surely...

tcb
    tcb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    THIS.

My family isn't primal, not in the least. My kids eat cereal. My husband eats grains. My kids love the occasional junky dessert. So along with all the fruits, vegetables, nuts, eggs, meats, fish, and homemade dishes, my house has bread, pasta, cereal, dairy, bagels, chocolate, chips and cookies. Oh, and Halloween chocolate too.

I don't eat any of it.

I'm no longer even tempted when I make sandwiches for my kids or husband. I have an emergency stash of Ezekiel bread in the downstairs freezer in case the day ever comes when I really do want to have bread. So far, that day hasn't come.

Meanwhile, my kids are slowly having more and more fresh fruit and vegetables, and eggs are no longer limited to a Sunday breakfast. Slowly but surely...
    two dozen krispy kremes sitting on that table when I got in this morning...

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    lol
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

tplank is offline Senior Member
    Good friend just tried what he called "low carbing", but not so much. He lost a bunch of weight though ... probably from the carbs he did cut. Went off Statins for a while...first blood test "good", second not so much. Never had partical size done because his "fantastic doctor" said it wasn't necessary. He went back on statins. So yesterday, I sent him a link to the abstract of the big study from Norway that showed an inverse relationship between total cholesterol and mortality. He replied that I don't need to waste my time with the links because he wasn't changing. I responded that I knew, but I thought a massive, recent study showing he could be increasing his risk of death might intrigue him. Never heard back from that one. CW sucks and its inertia is bone crushingly depressing.

dragonjax is online now Senior Member
    Dude. You win.

hazmat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tplank View Post
    Good friend just tried what he called "low carbing", but not so much. He lost a bunch of weight though ... probably from the carbs he did cut. Went off Statins for a while...first blood test "good", second not so much. Never had partical size done because his "fantastic doctor" said it wasn't necessary. He went back on statins. So yesterday, I sent him a link to the abstract of the big study from Norway that showed an inverse relationship between total cholesterol and mortality. He replied that I don't need to waste my time with the links because he wasn't changing. I responded that I knew, but I thought a massive, recent study showing he could be increasing his risk of death might intrigue him. Never heard back from that one. CW sucks and its inertia is bone crushingly depressing.
    That's brutal. Makes you want to punch yourself in the face that people could be so ignorant.

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member

Pimzilla is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I had my Papillons at a dog training camp. On the 2nd day, we took them into town. One of Josie's triggers was people coming up to the car window, so we went to a McDonald's drive thru.
    Me: "could I please have a plain hamburger patty, without the bun"
    McD server: "No bun?"
    "Correct, No bun"
    McD "You don't want a bun"
    "Right, no bun"
    Third time "So, just the meat?"
    "Yes, it's for my dog"
    We drive up to the window, Josie stays calm (with some coaching from me) and she discovers that if you stay calm someone will give you MEAT through the window!!!!! Awesome
    Hahaha that is awesome, she must have thought you were totally out of your mind!
    (I'm not even half through this thread yet and it's taking me ages but I very much enjoy it )

Also, nice to see someone else feed their dogs well. My baby gets pmr aswell, guess it't the right place to find dog owners with a brain

lucyh is offline Senior Member
    We just got our annual Halloween candy delivery from the office building management-a giant washtub in each kitchen. It's on the counter under the microwave where I cook my eggs every morning. I'm not the least bit interested, but in years past I would paw through it for all the best stuff and keep a stash in my desk that would last for a week.
    My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

tplank is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by hazmat View Post
    That's brutal. Makes you want to punch yourself in the face that people could be so ignorant.
    I guess part of what kills me is the trust so many place in medical professionals. Ignorance is indeed bliss. The human body is a complex thing. What is so hard to believe about it taking a while for the medical practice to catch up with the research? I sure hope I never take the opinions of professionals in such a blind and trusting manner.