Page 20 of 884 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120520 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 20

Torrtrefireto is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    My dad (PhD):
    "Humans didn't walk upright until shoes were invented"
    "When fat is oxidized it just goes away into the air, no reason to worry about it" (by the way, researches cancer for the federal government)

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Oh I wish you hadn't mentioned who said those things. It makes it harder to call him stone-cold stupid.

Lodini is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I've been getting snarky comments about how much weight I've lost and how I look, mostly from jealous people. I've gotten used to it. The one I loved was in a diner. A "friend" said "1 cinnamon can't possibly hurt, as skinny as you've gotten." The "cinnamon roll" was the size of a dinner plate and coated with a cream cheese icing. Easily 100 g carbs alone. I said "No, thanks, the wheat and sugar would tear me up for the next couple days." His reply? "Your loss. These are how I get my fiber in." *facepalm*
    I had this same problem today! There were cookies at work and someone said "you are going to at least have a taste, right?" I politely said "no thanks." and then proceeded to receive a lecture about how if I didn't try some moderation, it was going to catch up to me!
    Starting weight, June 10, 2010: 213 pounds
    Current weight, October 31, 2010: 177 pounds
    Goal: Happiness, Health, Hotness

Screw "moderation"!!

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrtrefireto View Post
    My dad (PhD):
    "Humans didn't walk upright until shoes were invented"
    "When fat is oxidized it just goes away into the air, no reason to worry about it" (by the way, researches cancer for the federal government)
    lol
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    Today my boss said that (store-bought, not even home-made) cookies are healthier than candy bars for kids because "at least the cookies have some milk in them."

*facepalm*

Jefferson is offline Member
    My aunt was recently talking about making a chocolate-zucchini cake with some of the zucchini from my garden. I told her that she was welcome to have some to make the cake but that I wouldn't be eating any as it isn't primal.

A dumbfounded look appeared on her face and she said, "but it has zucchini in it so it's healthy."

Apparently a few slivers of green vegetable matter make up for the cups of white flour and ultra-processed sugar in a dish like that.

Saddest of all, my aunt is a nurse in a doctor's office that specializes in diabetes treatment. Thanks CW!

reamz is offline Senior Member
    oh gosh, some of these are more sad than funny...

just reminded me of when a bunch of us had a session with our tutor for our patient contact course... One of the guys randomly asked our tutor (a doctor) if eating alot of sugar will give him diabetes, because his friends had been telling him to cut down on the candy. The tutor goes "no, sugar will not give you diabetes...but the saturated fat in that candy probably will".... *face palm*

And then my friend who knows what i think about sat fat was like "see? i told you!" .. After the session when everyone left i went to the tutor and explained what she meant...and how i thought sat fat isnt bad, etc and how i was reading GCBC by Gary Taubes... i at least got him to admit that sat fat isnt the evil villain everyone makes it out to be, with regards heart disease... but still...the ignorance!!!!

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reamz View Post
    "see? i told you!" !
    My mom always tells me that when she hears something about nutrition on the TV. "Rice and beans are the perfect food," and stuff like that. -_- And once there was something about how Japanese women live longer because they eat tofu... but French woman live almost just as long, and they don't eat fucking soy. But you don't hear that on TV, do you...
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by imasin View Post
    cookies are healthier than candy bars for kids because "at least the cookies have some milk in them."
    And hey, so does milk chocolate! So candy and cookies for everyone!

sapphire_chan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by imasin View Post
    Today my boss said that (store-bought, not even home-made) cookies are healthier than candy bars for kids because "at least the cookies have some milk in them."

*facepalm*
    Cookies don't call for milk. Let me guess, your boss has pointy hair?