Page 197 of 877 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207247297697 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 8769

Thread: Funny CW moments page 197

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Rick View Post
    friend: is it a pill?
    People this stupid should be dead.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Primal Rick is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    People this stupid should be dead.
    Well they are killing themselves slowly with every bite of that garbage and every pill they take....

AccidentalPrimal is offline Junior Member
    Sadness first: A relative of someone I know has cancer. That's all the specifics I'll give.

But here's the (bitter) hilarity: Our acquaintance finally convinced their relative to see a nutritionist to try and dietarily improve the time they have left. As the (hospital-employed) nutritionist went down the (CW) dietary guidelines with them, and they began to see a ray of hope, the nutritionist told them straight-out that they don't personally believe that diet has, or can have, any affect on someone's health!

You don't even have to know anything about PB or its tenets for that one. That's just ri-goddamn-diculous. But these are the people trying to tell us all how to eat and live healthfully.
    "Take what a man makes and use it, but do not worship it, for it shall pass."

tcb
    tcb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hbmcracer View Post
    Hell yeah, me too!!

I laugh a lot at the product placement ads in the middle of the show. My wife and I are like "I wonder who is sponsoring this week" lol

You can make all your lunches for the whole week and store them in these hady ziploc brand storage bags with the patented double guard seal.
    Picked up a rack today for a Sunday smoke while I watch football...

Have a stick of extra sugar free gum and a 100 calorie snack pack, to go with you ziplock containers..

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    The best pie crust is made with lard. Well guess I should have read ahead before I posted.
    Last edited by tapper47; 10-20-2011 at 07:12 PM. Reason: I had a duh moment.

MadelynMc is offline Senior Member
    I'm having a really hard time restraining myself on Facebook today. I've got one friend making "healthier" cupcakes with "just four ingredients!" One of them is boxed cake mix. Boxed cake mix has a minimum of 20 ingredients. Doh. Another of the ingredients is sugar-free pudding mix.

Another friend is starting some sort of shake program where you replace two meals a day with these special shakes that are made to taste like various desserts.

Yet another friend is being persuaded to try a juice diet because she's always, always sick.

Then my husband's aunt keeps posting about how Advocare can "change your life!"

I will never understand why people will try absolutely every gimmick on the planet, yet say they could never give up bread. Really? You're going to choke down pretend food shakes all day, but you can't bear to eat a real food diet? It boggles the mind.

mamaparks is offline Member
    Commercial today from cornsugar.com or something like that. Dad has daughter on his shoulders talking about how he was concerned for her health so he did all kinds of research to see if sugar was really so bad after all...turns out the body can't tell the difference between HFCS and honey or maple syrup so by all means lets go all out with the HFCS.

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=MadelynMc;603811
    Then my husband's aunt keeps posting about how Advocare can "change your life!"
    [/QUOTE]

Went here: 24-Day Challenge Bundle

183 bucks to "jump start" your weight loss. One of the products: http://www.advocare.com/products/images/pdf/T1251.pdf

Ok, yes, it has vitamins, along with lots of other stuff meant to kill you. Sucralose??? really???

I know people pushing this. I have a friend who's an Herbalife distribtor. She lost so much hair she was freaking out, even though she was really lean. Her doctor told her to eat more fats!!! She said Biotin had helped her stop losing all the hair!

She's been all about this god fats and bad fats thing. Her doctor told her to eat more eggs!!! Well of course!, egg yolks have biotin! She's a wreck, but doesn't want to hear from me. ( still weight too much)

All this and Herbalife stuff is FULL of soy protein isolates... even their "whey protein" has soy in it.

geesh.
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MadelynMc View Post
    I will never understand why people will try absolutely every gimmick on the planet, yet say they could never give up bread.
    This is one of the best quotes I've ever seen. Hell, you don't even have to give it up completely. You can make some mean rolls with tapioca starch and rice pasta works just fine. Just get rid of the gluten. If you're that much of an artisan, you can sprout and ferment your own wheat berries, dehydrate them, grind them up into flour with a food mill and actually have detoxified wheat, so there's even ways around that! People are unbelievable.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

tplank is offline Senior Member
    This cowork last week told me about how she was struggling to lose weight. I'm on a new job, so she had no idea about my own experience and I told her with out much elaboration and showed her my Driver's License picture when she expressed skepticism. All this was in the context of declining an invite to a meal without anything I would eat. The only thing I was specific about was not eating sugar. Earlier this week, before a meeting, she got up and and asked me, "Would you like a Fiber One Brownie? Its only 90 calories!" I politely declined... I wanted to say, "How is that working out for you?" She is a very nice person was sincerely trying to be nice, so I would never say it...