Page 195 of 901 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205245295695 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 9004

Thread: Funny CW moments page 195

Uppy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    I have a friend who doesn't drink water because it lacks "bold flavor." This is a girl who drinks soda, Gatorade, fruit juices, etc., like it's going out of style.
    If she wants bold flavor, maybe she should drink barbecue sauce.

Aloe is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppy View Post
    In my local grocery store, margarine and other butter "substitutes" outnumber actual butter about 3 or 4 to 1.
    In my local grocery store, they don't have coconut oil, but they have 20 different brands and mixes of vegetable oil.
    Height: 5ft 9"
    Current pants size: 20 (Canada sizing).
    Goal: I'll let you know when I've reached it.

“The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind
    is a faithful servant. We have created a society that
    honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.”
    ~Albert Einstein~

jandge is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    I have a friend who doesn't drink water because it lacks "bold flavor." This is a girl who drinks soda, Gatorade, fruit juices, etc., like it's going out of style.
    Thanks for that, I needed a loud laugh for the evening. I wonder if her food also needs bold flavor. Wouldn't she stay away from a lot of grains then if that was her criteria?

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
    Congenital Hypothyroid
    CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

scotchncoffee is offline Senior Member
    Zero calorie gatorade always gets me. How exactly is that junk going to "fuel" you if it has no calories?

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    My mother uses crisco for pies....
    That's actually legit. My mom always said the only reason to have margerine is because it makes flakier crusts than butter. But the dab inside was always butter.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppy View Post
    In my local grocery store, margarine and other butter "substitutes" outnumber actual butter about 3 or 4 to 1.

I noticed that, with some disgust. I mean, really? Even now? People still eat margarine? Gag.

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    That's actually legit. My mom always said the only reason to have margerine is because it makes flakier crusts than butter. But the dab inside was always butter.
    Interesting NY Times piece a few years back found the best mix of fats for pie crusts was butter and beef suet!

Great quote from Andrew Weil: when asked once what shortening "shortens," someone in the audience piped up: "Your life!"

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Interesting NY Times piece a few years back found the best mix of fats for pie crusts was butter and beef suet!

Great quote from Andrew Weil: when asked once what shortening "shortens," someone in the audience piped up: "Your life!"
    If I hadn't gotten her to give up wheat I'd so pass that along- sounds delish! (Not primal, but even she admitted that giving up wheat was a very good idea once she saw the results)

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    If I hadn't gotten her to give up wheat I'd so pass that along- sounds delish! (Not primal, but even she admitted that giving up wheat was a very good idea once she saw the results)
    There are some folks who may indulge in wheat once in a while, and as long as you're going to do that, why not make the most of good fats? I actually rendered a big chunk of suet into tallow, and wonder how tallow and butter would work? Or coconut oil and butter for a sweet pie?

chumbert is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    I noticed that, with some disgust. I mean, really? Even now? People still eat margarine? Gag.
    I went to a friends house many years ago and during a meal she asked me it I wanted butter or "wax" with my bread... she called margarine WAX, but she still ate it!