Page 193 of 839 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243293693 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 8387

Thread: Funny CW moments page 193

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    as I sit peeling a grapfruit

coworker: You are NOT going to just peel that and eat it like that are you?
    me: umm.. thats the plan
    coworker: you can not eat them like that.. they have to be juiced or mixed in with something

facealm
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    as I sit peeling a grapfruit

coworker: You are NOT going to just peel that and eat it like that are you?
    me: umm.. thats the plan
    coworker: you can not eat them like that.. they have to be juiced or mixed in with something

facealm
    I Loooooove eating plain grapefruits, peeled like oranges. They're a lot harder to peel and section but its worth it.

Also, protip: have you ever tried freezing the grapefuit sections after you peel them? It totally changes the texture of the fruit and really really tastes like an amazing fresh healthy popsicle.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by corvidae View Post
    i loooooove eating plain grapefruits, peeled like oranges. They're a lot harder to peel and section but its worth it.

Also, protip: Have you ever tried freezing the grapefuit sections after you peel them? It totally changes the texture of the fruit and really really tastes like an amazing fresh healthy popsicle.
    oh!!! Must try this!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

alexgrace is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CattyB View Post
    Kewel...
    Didn't really mean to kick off a string describing how nutritional gaps causes eating more of the bad 'foods'... or even non-foods from what y'all have written, but it's a neat discussion!

Reading these makes me realize that my hoarding of brown sugar, salt and graham crackers w/ a tub of frosting (at different times) in my bedroom during my teen years was a real symptom of malnutrition. We had real butter and cheese in the fridge, and Mom would cook with them, but we were severely chastised if we ever went for more than she'd doled out -- "because we'd had plenty put into the meal".

I had periodic cravings for paper, lots of ice, even spent a couple of months where I'd spread Elmer's glue thinly on my hand, let it dry and eat the slightly salty results....ewwww!
    Oh crikey, this reminds me of something ...

When I was about 13, I went through a dreadful phase of eating coffee creamer straight out of a jar. I used to go to my grandmother's and when she was doing something else, I would grab a spoon and just dive in. I ate the whole lot eventually, and it was a catering-sized jar.

When I look back, that was about the time my mum went "low-fat" in our house. I think I was just craving fat.

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    I chatted with a girl going to URI for Nutition. She actually knew some of what she said.

And I saw this: Thin Lines by Randy Glasbergen on Creators.com - A Syndicate Of Talent

There is hope...
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    CornSugar.com - Learn about HFCS which is simply a corn sugar at CornSugar.com
    I saw an ad for this the other day on TV. I thought at first that it was just a ploy to get people to eat more sugar, but then I saw this on the site:

“Rather than ban it [high fructose corn syrup] from your diet, you’re better off cutting back on sugar from all sources. That includes honey, maple syrup, brown sugar, agave syrup, and fruit-juice concentrate, which are found in many so-called healthy treats.”
    - Joy Bauer, M.S., R.D., C.D.N., Nutrition and Health Expert for The TODAY Show, Parade, March 31, 2010
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    “Rather than ban it [high fructose corn syrup] from your diet, you’re better off cutting back on sugar from all sources. That includes honey, maple syrup, brown sugar, agave syrup, and fruit-juice concentrate, which are found in many so-called healthy treats.”
    - Joy Bauer, M.S., R.D., C.D.N., Nutrition and Health Expert for The TODAY Show, Parade, March 31, 2010
    Haha. I would like to hear her explanation of why cutting back on sugar leaves you "better off" than banning it and eating whole foods instead.

hbmcracer is offline Member
    Last night on the biggest loser they actually mentioned that a 20oz soda has the equivelent of 17 teaspoons of sugar. It was good to see them saying that sugar is bad instead of just badmouthing fat.
    July 25 - 231.4
    Aug 25 - 220
    Sep 26 - 214
    Oct 26 - 208.8

tsd
    tsd is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hbmcracer View Post
    Last night on the biggest loser they actually mentioned that a 20oz soda has the equivelent of 17 teaspoons of sugar. It was good to see them saying that sugar is bad instead of just badmouthing fat.
    I did appreciate that fact. But then laughed at the trainer's reaction when they went to eat at the BBQ joint. Seriously? The only healthy thing you're allowed to order is salad and lean turkey breast? And I couldn't help but notice that it looked like everyone was drinking pop (yes, I say pop, not soda) there and also when that contestant visited the Subway restaurant with her family member.

I probably laugh at more moments on that show than a person should. I mean, there are great stories of people taking back control of their lives, but still lots of CW misinformation.

primalprincess7 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    (yes, I say pop, not soda)
    +1
    I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.