Page 19 of 881 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119519 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 19

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalchild View Post
    He looks good for a bodybuilder, at least.
    I couldn't resist.

Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

say_rahhh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post
    When she'd eaten enough carbs to fuel a 10k.
    A 10k is gonna burn 600-800 calories, MAX. 2 burgers, 2 order of fries and a doughnut is almost a marathon's worth of calories. Eek!
    Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
    ~Borges

sapphire_chan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by say_rahhh View Post
    A 10k is gonna burn 600-800 calories, MAX. 2 burgers, 2 order of fries and a doughnut is almost a marathon's worth of calories. Eek!
    Eeek!
    (Actually, I was going to write marathon, but then figured I was being snarky. lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Lodini View Post
    Thanks, Sapphire!

Her quote didn't include a time... I just didn't know all Crossfit was the same and wanted to make sure everyone knew she wasn't going to be working that off Watching the "scarf" was a sight to see though!
    Carb-loading for a bodyweight HIIT workout. If I wasn't holding a sleeping baby, I'd be on the floor laughing right now.

Lodini is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post
    Eeek!
    (Actually, I was going to write marathon, but then figured I was being snarky. lol)
    I actually started to try to tell her that she couldnt "work off" those calories in a week's worth of Cross Fit classes... but began to realize very quickly my efforts fall on deaf ears...

Actually - this is my #1 shock and amazement with the women I know... 99% of them have no idea how many calories they eat or how many they burn during exercise... but they ALL think as long as they exercise, they can eat whatever they want.
    Starting weight, June 10, 2010: 213 pounds
    Current weight, October 31, 2010: 177 pounds
    Goal: Happiness, Health, Hotness

Screw "moderation"!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lodini View Post
    I actually started to try to tell her that she couldnt "work off" those calories in a week's worth of Cross Fit classes... but began to realize very quickly my efforts fall on deaf ears...

Actually - this is my #1 shock and amazement with the women I know... 99% of them have no idea how many calories they eat or how many they burn during exercise... but they ALL think as long as they exercise, they can eat whatever they want.
    And they also seriously believe that if they aren't losing weight while exercising it's because all their fat is being replaced with muscle.

reamz is offline Senior Member
    Just today i called up a small dairy who produce unpasteurised jersey dairy products, to ask if they're 100% grassfed..
    The lady was explaining she feeds oats and beans and stuff, and right now there's not much fresh grass so they're eating hay as well, etc etc...
    Anyway, then she goes "but actually oats are very good for the milk...they lower the cholesterol in it" ... i just smiled and said "ok" ...

I also remember aaages ago, i was at the farmers market and was buying quite a bit of cheese. This other lady there said to me "aren;t you worried about all that cholesterol?"... And then i started talking about how theres nothing bad about dietary cholesterol...she just listened and nodded...mustv'e thought i was crazy! That's when i learnt not to talk about health/nutrition to most people still brainwashed by CW..

Oh, and i just remember yesterday i was talking to a friend and he said he had a sore throat, and when he got home he had a lot of fruit. I didn't say anything, but i was thinkin "whyyyyyy?!"... Why do so many people think that when they're sick fruit is the best thing to eat?!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I've been getting snarky comments about how much weight I've lost and how I look, mostly from jealous people. I've gotten used to it. The one I loved was in a diner. A "friend" said "1 cinnamon can't possibly hurt, as skinny as you've gotten." The "cinnamon roll" was the size of a dinner plate and coated with a cream cheese icing. Easily 100 g carbs alone. I said "No, thanks, the wheat and sugar would tear me up for the next couple days." His reply? "Your loss. These are how I get my fiber in." *facepalm*
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

mdlaw is offline Senior Member
    Last night the lines at the grocery store stretched all the way back into the aisles, and I found myself crammed into the section that featured Safeway "Eating Right" low fat fruit multigrain bars (shelved, perhaps not without irony, right next to the fruit by the foot and other fruit snacks). While waiting, I heard a little kid behind examine one of the boxes and then exclaim "Low fat? I wanna eat fat!"
    Party on little Grok!

virgogirl is offline Junior Member
    A woman I work with are on a diet (since january), she pays a huge amount of money to get the meals by a company. Still, she eats two/three packets of biscuits, chocolate coated raisins etc during the day, to 'get her metabolism going' - and "it's healthy, because it's oat biscuits and fruit"...