Page 187 of 879 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237287687 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 8789

Thread: Funny CW moments page 187

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Would you rather I be barefoot?
    Not if your feet look anything like the ones I've seen around these parts!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

jandge is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Not if your feet look anything like the ones I've seen around these parts!
    Ohgod, you're from Las Vegas. The feet around here are disgusting. Yes, you can get away with wearing flipflops 90%, but please scrub your feet once in awhile. Those ugly gray ashy cracked heels freak me out, especially on the pretty girls that put so much into their appearance.
    Last edited by jandge; 10-08-2011 at 06:35 PM.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
    Congenital Hypothyroid
    CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    gah strangers' bare feet ick me out.

perhaps you should have bumped into her buggy and yelled 'ahhhhh! ohhhhh my foot! owwwwwww!'
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jandge View Post
    Ohgod, you're from Las Vegas. The feet around here are disgusting. Yes, you can get away with wearing flipflops 90%, but please scrub your feet once in awhile. Those ugly gray ashy cracked heels freak me out, especially on the pretty girls that put so much into their appearance.
    I am amazed at some people who don't seem to think their feet are part of their body and they do not take care of them. I have never had grodie feet but since going primal, I notice I do not have to upkeep them as much- the skin is so healthy.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

elainevdw is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Because it's okay for her to run over people's feet if they're wearing regular shoes? Also, I don't get how people think VFFs look freaky because you can see people's toes, and yet sandals or bare feet are fine. I used to work with a woman who was honestly creeped out by them. I used to walk past her desk and wiggle my toes at her.
    Hehehe. +1.

Had a client a while back who was bemoaning a recent tech hire. He sounded really antisocial, awkward and surly, but the real kicker for the client was the fact that he insisted on going barefoot in the office. It was really hard to keep my mouth shut. Your choice of footwear (or lack thereof) is NOT important when they shut you in the dungeon where you never see clients anyway; I would have been more concerned about the guy's attitude.

I had a sort-of CW moment today when I was hunting down chicken feet for my weekend broth. The lady at the Asian market was super excited to see a white girl trying chicken feet, though she was a little disappointed that I was only using them for soup. She told me to boil them for five minutes "to get the fat out" before using them. I doubt you can boil all the fat off a chicken foot in five minutes, lol. I did quick-boil and rinse before using them... I think it helps get some of the "scum" out before you throw them in the pot with your veggies and stuff. And of course it makes it easier to peel the yellow scaly part off if your feet come with that still attached.
    ~elaine. twitter, primal journal.

Quote Originally Posted by vontrapp View Post
    CoWorker: What? Cmon live a little.
    Me: No thanks, I'd rather live a lot.

sarah1990 is offline Senior Member
    So according to the commercial I just saw apparently honey oat cheerios contain oat fibre that helps lower cholesterol. Wow.

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    My new favorite commercial to cringe at - a Vegetarian ground beef replacement. Its amazing how adults paid to lie about it tasting good, can barely cough out the lie that it tastes good. I particularly enjoy the comment from the guy - "I eat meat every day, and I found it surprising" - not technically a lie, its probably surprisingly disgusting. The brag about it being 90% less fat than lean ground beef just adds to the wrongness of the whole thing.

Blech.
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

tcb
    tcb is offline Senior Member
    I had a slow day at the office yesterday with the bond market closed, so I went down to the nutrition presentation that our HR department put on.. They brought in a dietician to talk about "superfoods".. first 4 foods she went over as "must eats" to be healthy: low fat yogurt, whole grains (to control your insulin!), nuts (for their healthy PUFA!), beans (as a great substitute for meat protein!)... it was exactly what I expected.

Apparently, we're doing it wrong.

hockeyfan7 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    True confessions time.

A few years ago, I could not stay out of the dog food and dog treats. No matter what I tried I ended up scarfing down over eight cups of dry dog food a day. Didn't matter that I could see the bones and hair in it. No matter where I hid it, no matter what I told myself I would consume it by the double handful.
    I was experiencing very heavy periods, almost to the point of hemmorhage and one day it dawned on me that I should probably be taking an iron supplement. Oh, maybe a multi vitamin as well. Just as soon as I started taking those I walked away from the dog food and never looked back. Obviously I was trying to replace something my body was lacking.
    That's called pica and it's really common in people who are anemic. I ate boxes of white chalk. I absolutely craved it. Once I was diagnosed with Celiac and my severe anemia was taken care of, the cravings went away.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    On the Today show this morning they went over foods out of the box. Besides highly processed, she mentioned that we need to be eating a couple of vegetarian meals a week to be healthy.. oh really???
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.