Page 183 of 881 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283683 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 8805

Thread: Funny CW moments page 183

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    All sorts of cravings are linked to needs. When I was pregnant with my now almost 17 year old, I was swimming every day. Loved it. But I would go to Golden Corral every day... EVERY DAY and eat mashed potatoes and bread. Tons of it. I would eat two plates of mashed potatoes, probably 8-10 cups of mashed potatoes.

Looking back on it, it was scary. I was craving lots of something that I wasn't eating. Totally scary. here I was scarfing tons of this food just to get the nutrients my body needed for the baby.

It's a miracle I didn't get diabetes.
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGraveWolf View Post
    I've actually read an article recently that points to an upswing of instances of people eating things that aren't food. Things like chalk and dirt. I think it's because more people are eating unhealthy foods and despite the fact that obesity is on the rise, it's a sign that we're actually STARVING. So much of what people call "food" is so nutritionally poor that our bodies are driving us to eat more of anything, even looking for nutrients in things that no one would consider to be food.
    interesting... no wonder while I was pregnant the doc kept asking me if I was craving non-foods. (I lost a ton of weight when was pregnant even though I ate like a horse)
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGraveWolf View Post
    I've actually read an article recently that points to an upswing of instances of people eating things that aren't food. Things like chalk and dirt. I think it's because more people are eating unhealthy foods and despite the fact that obesity is on the rise, it's a sign that we're actually STARVING. So much of what people call "food" is so nutritionally poor that our bodies are driving us to eat more of anything, even looking for nutrients in things that no one would consider to be food.
    The urge to eat non-food items is called "pica" and I think you're right about the causes. But in addition to chalk and dirt, I think we have to include things like donuts, ice cream, seed oils, aspartame, and the whole panoply of industrial food substitutes. Viewed this way, you might say that 95% of the population suffers from pica. I certainly did. Only after switching to all primal foods did my appetite normalize and my strange cravings disappear.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Interesting CW moment to come... Biggest Loser is on tonight (yes I watch...shhh) have you seen the ads during commercials?? Dannon SF low fat yogurt and McDonalds.. bwahahahahahahahaha really???!!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Goldsmith is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Biggest Loser is on tonight
    My wife watches it... I'm not allowed to watch with her anymore because of all my "comments".
    "Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."
    - John Kennedy Toole (A Confederacy of Dunces)

June is offline Senior Member
    I work at a large company and they have a health, wellness, and safety department that gives out newsletters on CW health advice. Then, on "safety day" they had free donuts for everyone. facepalm.

Kimelah is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldsmith View Post
    My wife watches it... I'm not allowed to watch with her anymore because of all my "comments".
    I keep waiting for my kids to yell at me to shut up. I'm horrible at trying to keep my thoughts to myself with regards stupid commercials. At best, I'll demand they mute the commercials, and I look away.

healthseekerKate is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    For someone named Nestle, she seems to know what she's talking about with regards to nutrition.

Why can't we put people like her in charge?
    No, she doesn't. She's a saturated fat- and cholesterol-phobe:
    Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Food Politics: How the Food Industry Influences Nutrition, and Health, Revised and Expanded Edition (California Studies in Food and Culture)

quote from one of the reviews:
    "Marion Nestle's book "Food Politics" makes clear that the political system she favors is dictatorship - with her in command."

It's not a good idea to "put" anyone "in charge"; free individuals should be able to make their own nutritional decisions, for better or for worse.
    Last edited by healthseekerKate; 10-04-2011 at 12:32 PM.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    I work at a large company and they have a health, wellness, and safety department that gives out newsletters on CW health advice. Then, on "safety day" they had free donuts for everyone. facepalm.
    Yeah, my company tries to do "health incentives" by getting us discounts at weight watchers. They send out "health and wellness" emails periodically, but gods only know whats IN them. I delete them as soon as they pop up. Perhaps I should turn a snarky eye on the next one to come through.

To my company's credit, there IS a tiny gym in our building. It's tiny, and in the basement, and cold, and is kinda like a dungeon (and not the FUN kind of dungeons either), but its THERE and theres a small selection of free weights and, most importantly, a shower for when some of us go run/walking over lunch in nice weather.

Most of the time, though, despite all those cheery health emails, there is no one in there (although, that could be to aforementioned flourescent-lit-dungeon qualities. Doesn't exactly encourage one to try and get more exercise done)
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    ... (and not the FUN kind of dungeons either)...
    Had me snort-laughing.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com