Page 180 of 872 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280680 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 8712

Thread: Funny CW moments page 180

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah1990 View Post
    I have recently been watching stuff on Hulu and therefore getting US adverts....

Who the fuck feeds this to their kids?! PediaSure SideKicks - Child Nutrition Support - PediaSure

It's full of sugar!! The advert for it made me absolutely facepalm.
    The rest of the ingredient list is pretty horrific. Loaded with sugar and soy--what a genius idea.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

sarah1990 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    The rest of the ingredient list is pretty horrific. Loaded with sugar and soy--what a genius idea.
    "FRUCTOOLIGOSACCHARIDES" threw me slightly...

Owly is offline Senior Member
    "FRUCTOOLIGOSACCHARIDES" threw me slightly...
    It sounds pretty iffy to me:
    Fructooligosaccharide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    YUM!!

The fact that it has been considered unsafe by some FSA's isn't worrying at all...

MadelynMc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clymb View Post
    That really sucks. And $900??? I've never heard of one costing over $600! Hopefully you will get lucky. My parent's insurance covered mine, it was Blue Cross Blue Shield.
    I'm pretty sure that's what my OB's office quoted me after speaking with the insurance company. We have blue cross blue shield as well. Must be a freaky Alabama religious thing? They literally don't cover a single form of birth control.

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MadelynMc View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's what my OB's office quoted me after speaking with the insurance company. We have blue cross blue shield as well. Must be a freaky Alabama religious thing? They literally don't cover a single form of birth control.
    Wow that's odd. I don't understand why they wouldn't cover anything and why it would be so expensive. I'm sorry

seraphkat is offline Junior Member
    I have recently been watching stuff on Hulu and therefore getting US adverts....

Who the fuck feeds this to their kids?! PediaSure SideKicks - Child Nutrition Support - PediaSure

It's full of sugar!! The advert for it made me absolutely facepalm.
    I saw a similar commercial with an elderly man, where he says that he wasn't eating well and his *nutritionist* daughter recommended drinking Ensure or something similar (can't remember the exact brand) to make up for the nutrients he was missing out on. Now I understand that sometimes, if someone has a compromised ability to eat, a liquid meal replacement might be the only option, but on what planet is a produce with "soy oil" better than getting your nutrients from a real food, like an egg or a piece of chicken?!?!

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MadelynMc View Post
    Funny, because I got my Mirena for hormone problems I was having. In order for the insurance to cover it, my doc had to list it as "birth control" even though I wasn't using it for that.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clymb View Post
    I don't understand why more women don't get an IUD...I'm totally against hormonal BC so I chose the copper IUD for myself. Last for 10 years and has no maintennance. I've had it since the beginning of February. All my friends are jealous I have it, but for some reason none of them will get it. :/
    I lived with one for two years. I finally gave up. Too painful. I was either cramping or spotting or both half the time. I tried Mirena which has a low dose of progesterone. That made my periods lighter but I kept expelling them. Part of this is likely that my uterus is small, borderline for having an IUD at all. If I could have tolerated the Paraguard that would've been great but now it's back to condoms.

Quote Originally Posted by seraphkat View Post
    I saw a similar commercial with an elderly man, where he says that he wasn't eating well and his *nutritionist* daughter recommended drinking Ensure or something similar (can't remember the exact brand) to make up for the nutrients he was missing out on. Now I understand that sometimes, if someone has a compromised ability to eat, a liquid meal replacement might be the only option, but on what planet is a produce with "soy oil" better than getting your nutrients from a real food, like an egg or a piece of chicken?!?!
    Ugh, I could call myself a nutritionist if I really wanted to. Dietician is the term for someone properly qualified to give advice.

These substitute things are rubbish.