Page 179 of 895 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189229279679 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 8945

Thread: Funny CW moments page 179

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    So... wait... you supplement with progesterone, yet you have something against "The Pill"? hee hee hee...
    Yes, just like I supplement with Fish oil and some other supplements... Estradiols and Estrogens are dangerous. And there is nothing healthy about "REproductive health". But that is another discussion.

I stopped eating soy a couple of months ago (full of "natural" estradiols and phyto-estrogens) and I have been feeling OH SO much better.

I stopped at the farmer's market on the way home yesterday and I looked at the home made whoopie pies available in the basket. I looked, grimaced and said, "Oh, they look good, but I can't eat them."
    The clerk asked me why.
    "I haven't eaten sugar or flour in a month"
    "Why is that?"
    "Because sugar and flour are a poison and couldn't eat them now even if I wanted to."
    Happily, she actually seemed interested... and I told her about it a little.

A seed planted, perhaps?
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Sorry I misread you! I just hear people who slag on women's sexual health choices, and it gets up my nose. Glad to know I was mistaken

I have a reference book that I lend out quite often that was written by the Canadian Society of Ob/Gyns. It covers everything from condoms to IUDs to NFP. So many young people (girls and guys) really are dreadfully uninformed about their birth control options (see Alex's comment above as an example). I'm fortunate that I have a good doctor who was happy to discuss alternatives with me, but I know not everyone is so lucky. I think everyone should have access to a full range of reproductive health information and options.

Scarleteen.com is another good, sex-positive, science-based resource for young people.
    Oh, and I wasn't dissing women's choices on BC but on taking HBC. I have my own personal views but that is neither here nor there.

As for IUDs the reason that IUDs are not discussed in most US doctor offices is because of the problems and deaths with IUDs in the 70s and 80s. Women died, horribly, and consumers have long memories.

As for IUDs in China... really? I wouldn't compare us to them in just about ... no not anything. They force sterilization and contraception. Not exactly women's reproductive choices and sell their girls.

Home | All Girls Allowed
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

MadelynMc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clymb View Post
    I don't understand why more women don't get an IUD...I'm totally against hormonal BC so I chose the copper IUD for myself. Last for 10 years and has no maintennance. I've had it since the beginning of February. All my friends are jealous I have it, but for some reason none of them will get it. :/
    I want one badly, but my idiotic insurance doesn't cover *any* form of birth control. It was going to cost me like $900+. My husband just started a new job with different benefits, so maybe we'll get lucky this time!

Seaglassgreen is offline Senior Member
    I have a copper IUD. I don't know if this would be helpful to anyone else, but I got it at our local health department last year. I was working an $8/hour job, so I qualified for a lot of financial assistance.. and then I got extra lucky, because they were doing a study where they were giving women IUDS, either copper or hormonal, for FREE, I just have to talk to the doctor about my experience once a year, over the phone. So, if you qualify for that kind of financial assistance, your local health dept. might be a good option to check out.

Goal: Feel good, be active!

hbmcracer is offline Member
    My grocery store just recently reorganized and put the candy aisle and diet aisle together.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    July 25 - 231.4
    Aug 25 - 220
    Sep 26 - 214
    Oct 26 - 208.8

sixpack-rc is offline Senior Member
    My grocery store just took out the pharmacy and replaced it with the Halloween candy

~rc

Dracil is offline Senior Member
    Luckily I haven't had funny moments with my coworkers and some of them even agree with me or are just interested. The most vehement opposition actually comes from a college friend turned co-worker who just spouts off empty words like "moderation" and "balanced" in response.

However, for lunch I usually go to by-the-pound buffet places so I have more control over what I eat, and I have to say that I love it when CW makes people leave egg yolks and chicken skins behind. More for me!

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    Very warm, sunny Autumn day & I'm outside in my garden, working on a stone retaining wall, in cut-offs & a tank top. Obese, chain-smoking neighbor stops by and is horrified that I'm not cloaked in #5000 sunscreen. Really - she's worried about ME getting cancer? Sigh ....

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MadelynMc View Post
    I want one badly, but my idiotic insurance doesn't cover *any* form of birth control. It was going to cost me like $900+. My husband just started a new job with different benefits, so maybe we'll get lucky this time!
    That really sucks. And $900??? I've never heard of one costing over $600! Hopefully you will get lucky. My parent's insurance covered mine, it was Blue Cross Blue Shield.

sarah1990 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have recently been watching stuff on Hulu and therefore getting US adverts....

Who the fuck feeds this to their kids?! PediaSure SideKicks - Child Nutrition Support - PediaSure

It's full of sugar!! The advert for it made me absolutely facepalm.