Page 178 of 924 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228278678 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 9239

Thread: Funny CW moments

  1. #1771
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    3,952
    Shop Now
    I've got a Mirena too, and it changed my life. According to my doc, a lot of women get heavier and heavier flow (instead of lighter) as they approach menopause. My mom was one and so was I. I couldn't be away from a bathroom for more than 30 or 40 minutes, which means you have no life. You can't drive very far, You can't sit through a movie, you can barely hold a job, and you might as well write off having a sex life.

    Honestly, if I hadn't gotten it, I would probably be on disability by now. Instead, I'm able to be very active and keep up with the 20-something guys at work.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

  2. #1772
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    830
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    I've got a Mirena too, and it changed my life. According to my doc, a lot of women get heavier and heavier flow (instead of lighter) as they approach menopause. My mom was one and so was I. I couldn't be away from a bathroom for more than 30 or 40 minutes, which means you have no life. You can't drive very far, You can't sit through a movie, you can barely hold a job, and you might as well write off having a sex life.

    Honestly, if I hadn't gotten it, I would probably be on disability by now. Instead, I'm able to be very active and keep up with the 20-something guys at work.
    Good for you! I definitely think of my IUD as a blessing, regardless of cramps. I don't have to worry about getting pregnant, I don't spend tons of money on BC, I'm not putting hormones in my body, and I (thank god!) don't have to use condoms anymore! lol
    "The mountains are calling and I must go."
    --John Muir


    "I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
    --Tommy Caldwell


    ‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
    --Hyperlithic

  3. #1773
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    486
    My Paragard is the best 500 bucks I've ever spent. Just a warning, Corvidae, your body might take a little while to figure out what, exactly, the fuck is going on. I've had mine for two years and the monthly "elevator scene from 'The Shining'" impression has just started slackening.

  4. #1774
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    830
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudenveri View Post
    My Paragard is the best 500 bucks I've ever spent. Just a warning, Corvidae, your body might take a little while to figure out what, exactly, the fuck is going on. I've had mine for two years and the monthly "elevator scene from 'The Shining'" impression has just started slackening.
    Wow that bad??? That sucks! Even if I had that going on, I would probably still think it was worth it too though! I'm lucky, I'm still young enough to be covered by my parents' health insurance so I got mine for free. Totally worth paying for though, and cheaper in the long run.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go."
    --John Muir


    "I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
    --Tommy Caldwell


    ‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
    --Hyperlithic

  5. #1775
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,823
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Hey! Don't judge my judging!

    J/k, I'm not judging anyone's decisions, except maybe the lazy doctors who, whether you're talking reproductive or cardiovascular or any other symptoms, prefer to cover things up with drugs rather than get to the root of the problem.

    (And protesting the notion that without artificial hormones, I would have no control over my life and reproductive health, that, too.)

    What do I care if others use HBC, except how it affects my water supply? I'm for informed choices for everyone.
    Sorry I misread you! I just hear people who slag on women's sexual health choices, and it gets up my nose. Glad to know I was mistaken

    I have a reference book that I lend out quite often that was written by the Canadian Society of Ob/Gyns. It covers everything from condoms to IUDs to NFP. So many young people (girls and guys) really are dreadfully uninformed about their birth control options (see Alex's comment above as an example). I'm fortunate that I have a good doctor who was happy to discuss alternatives with me, but I know not everyone is so lucky. I think everyone should have access to a full range of reproductive health information and options.

    Scarleteen.com is another good, sex-positive, science-based resource for young people.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

    Owly's Journal

  6. #1776
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    723
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudenveri View Post
    My Paragard is the best 500 bucks I've ever spent. Just a warning, Corvidae, your body might take a little while to figure out what, exactly, the fuck is going on. I've had mine for two years and the monthly "elevator scene from 'The Shining'" impression has just started slackening.
    Yeah, no, thats what has come to my mind as well. Although a friend also pointed out that eating so much red meat prolly has given me a lot more iron than usual, so maybe that has affected things as well.

    Also, it is my understanding that while the progestin (light hormone) ones will seriously reduce period intensity and strength, the copper ones make them heavier. I have a copper one. Is that true?
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

    My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

    Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

  7. #1777
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    Yeah, no, thats what has come to my mind as well. Although a friend also pointed out that eating so much red meat prolly has given me a lot more iron than usual, so maybe that has affected things as well.

    Also, it is my understanding that while the progestin (light hormone) ones will seriously reduce period intensity and strength, the copper ones make them heavier. I have a copper one. Is that true?
    Yeppers. I had very light/short periods before, so I'm guessing that I now have something closer to normal. It's definitely made a difference in that regard.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

    Owly's Journal

  8. #1778
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    830
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Yeppers. I had very light/short periods before, so I'm guessing that I now have something closer to normal. It's definitely made a difference in that regard.
    Not for everyone though---I have the copper one and my flow is the same, I just have cramps now whereas before I didn't. I think it really just depends on the person.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go."
    --John Muir


    "I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
    --Tommy Caldwell


    ‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
    --Hyperlithic

  9. #1779
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    37
    I just saw a commercial for some "healthy" chocolate milk called Tru-Moo I believe or something like that... the mom won't let the kid get cookies but hey, chocolate milk, why not?

  10. #1780
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10
    Learn More
    how did I miss this thread? Like it



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •