Page 178 of 880 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228278678 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 8800

Thread: Funny CW moments page 178

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I've got a Mirena too, and it changed my life. According to my doc, a lot of women get heavier and heavier flow (instead of lighter) as they approach menopause. My mom was one and so was I. I couldn't be away from a bathroom for more than 30 or 40 minutes, which means you have no life. You can't drive very far, You can't sit through a movie, you can barely hold a job, and you might as well write off having a sex life.

Honestly, if I hadn't gotten it, I would probably be on disability by now. Instead, I'm able to be very active and keep up with the 20-something guys at work.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    I've got a Mirena too, and it changed my life. According to my doc, a lot of women get heavier and heavier flow (instead of lighter) as they approach menopause. My mom was one and so was I. I couldn't be away from a bathroom for more than 30 or 40 minutes, which means you have no life. You can't drive very far, You can't sit through a movie, you can barely hold a job, and you might as well write off having a sex life.

Honestly, if I hadn't gotten it, I would probably be on disability by now. Instead, I'm able to be very active and keep up with the 20-something guys at work.
    Good for you! I definitely think of my IUD as a blessing, regardless of cramps. I don't have to worry about getting pregnant, I don't spend tons of money on BC, I'm not putting hormones in my body, and I (thank god!) don't have to use condoms anymore! lol

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    My Paragard is the best 500 bucks I've ever spent. Just a warning, Corvidae, your body might take a little while to figure out what, exactly, the fuck is going on. I've had mine for two years and the monthly "elevator scene from 'The Shining'" impression has just started slackening.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudenveri View Post
    My Paragard is the best 500 bucks I've ever spent. Just a warning, Corvidae, your body might take a little while to figure out what, exactly, the fuck is going on. I've had mine for two years and the monthly "elevator scene from 'The Shining'" impression has just started slackening.
    Wow that bad??? That sucks! Even if I had that going on, I would probably still think it was worth it too though! I'm lucky, I'm still young enough to be covered by my parents' health insurance so I got mine for free. Totally worth paying for though, and cheaper in the long run.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Hey! Don't judge my judging!

J/k, I'm not judging anyone's decisions, except maybe the lazy doctors who, whether you're talking reproductive or cardiovascular or any other symptoms, prefer to cover things up with drugs rather than get to the root of the problem.

(And protesting the notion that without artificial hormones, I would have no control over my life and reproductive health, that, too.)

What do I care if others use HBC, except how it affects my water supply? I'm for informed choices for everyone.
    Sorry I misread you! I just hear people who slag on women's sexual health choices, and it gets up my nose. Glad to know I was mistaken

I have a reference book that I lend out quite often that was written by the Canadian Society of Ob/Gyns. It covers everything from condoms to IUDs to NFP. So many young people (girls and guys) really are dreadfully uninformed about their birth control options (see Alex's comment above as an example). I'm fortunate that I have a good doctor who was happy to discuss alternatives with me, but I know not everyone is so lucky. I think everyone should have access to a full range of reproductive health information and options.

Scarleteen.com is another good, sex-positive, science-based resource for young people.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudenveri View Post
    Yeah, no, thats what has come to my mind as well. Although a friend also pointed out that eating so much red meat prolly has given me a lot more iron than usual, so maybe that has affected things as well.

Also, it is my understanding that while the progestin (light hormone) ones will seriously reduce period intensity and strength, the copper ones make them heavier. I have a copper one. Is that true?
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    Yeah, no, thats what has come to my mind as well. Although a friend also pointed out that eating so much red meat prolly has given me a lot more iron than usual, so maybe that has affected things as well.

Also, it is my understanding that while the progestin (light hormone) ones will seriously reduce period intensity and strength, the copper ones make them heavier. I have a copper one. Is that true?
    Yeppers. I had very light/short periods before, so I'm guessing that I now have something closer to normal. It's definitely made a difference in that regard.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Yeppers. I had very light/short periods before, so I'm guessing that I now have something closer to normal. It's definitely made a difference in that regard.
    Not for everyone though---I have the copper one and my flow is the same, I just have cramps now whereas before I didn't. I think it really just depends on the person.

mamaparks is offline Member
    I just saw a commercial for some "healthy" chocolate milk called Tru-Moo I believe or something like that... the mom won't let the kid get cookies but hey, chocolate milk, why not?

elizabeth4126 is offline Junior Member
    how did I miss this thread? Like it