Page 177 of 840 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277677 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 8395

Thread: Funny CW moments page 177

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Good thing it's not a prerequisite. I'm pretty in control of my life and reproductive health without it.
    I was going to say something along those lines, but feared being bitch-slapped since I'm not a woman. I mean, what happened to good old-fashioned abstinence? And while condoms aren't foolproof, they're generally pretty effective if used correctly.

P.S. I'm speaking to the birth-control aspect of hormonal birth-control. I know that it's also used in cases where women have painful periods and that it helps in that regard.
    Last edited by yodiewan; 09-29-2011 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Read Sudenveri's latest post

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    That's called lazy doctors covering up symptoms with artificial hormones instead of getting to the root of the problem. (still can be a great help until you figure out that problem, or it can cover it up so you can't figure out that problem)
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I have an idea: how about we don't judge women's decisions on how they'd like to manage their reproductive health and choices around birth control? I choose not to use hormonal methods, but I respect other women's right to choose differently. For some women, once they look at their choices, HBC is the best option. As for me, I'd rather not trust NFP methods, but I respect other women's decision to do so.

For all the talk about people's rights that goes on around here, we sure get judgmental when they exercise those rights in ways we don't like.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    I don't understand why more women don't get an IUD...I'm totally against hormonal BC so I chose the copper IUD for myself. Last for 10 years and has no maintennance. I've had it since the beginning of February. All my friends are jealous I have it, but for some reason none of them will get it. :/

stephlowen is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clymb View Post
    I don't understand why more women don't get an IUD...I'm totally against hormonal BC so I chose the copper IUD for myself. Last for 10 years and has no maintennance. I've had it since the beginning of February. All my friends are jealous I have it, but for some reason none of them will get it. :/
    That is what I want but since I have had an ectopic pregnancy, I can't

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Hey! Don't judge my judging!

J/k, I'm not judging anyone's decisions, except maybe the lazy doctors who, whether you're talking reproductive or cardiovascular or any other symptoms, prefer to cover things up with drugs rather than get to the root of the problem.

(And protesting the notion that without artificial hormones, I would have no control over my life and reproductive health, that, too.)

What do I care if others use HBC, except how it affects my water supply? I'm for informed choices for everyone.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clymb View Post
    I JUST got one last month, after 10 years of HBC. Honestly, theyre barely discussed as even being an option in the US. My health textbooks in middle and high school didnt even mention them. I first learned about them from 1) my mom and 2) other women on the internet when I was in high school. I assumed it was a thing that was done in the 70s (when my mom had one) and wasnt popular anymore. But I was shocked to learn that it is THE MOST POPULAR METHOD OF ARTIFICIAL BIRTH CONTROL IN THE WORLD. Like 60% of women in China and Europe who are using birth control, use one, either copper or progestin.

I think part of the reason doctors dont discuss it is because it is WAY more difficult to give to a woman than a prescription. My primary care doctor sent me to a specific gynecologist, saying that they can be so tricky to get right that you need someone with a lot of practice. I heard another woman somewhere say that she went to planned parenthood for hers for the same reason; they do them all the time, her doctor does not.

Anyway.... While HBC worked for me for many years, once going primal I decided I wanted to be completely off of all the medications. It makes me happy to realize that my body is as close to its normal, natural functioning than its been in a long, long time. Im hoping it will help with weight loss as well.

(Although, not gonna lie, just started my first period while on it and they aint kidding when they say flow can get heavier :P)
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Judging by the previous statements I assume that IUDs force open the entrance to the uterus. Doesn't that technically just make it an automatic abortion?
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    Judging by the previous statements I assume that IUDs force open the entrance to the uterus. Doesn't that technically just make it an automatic abortion?
    IUD Birth Control - Mirena IUD - ParaGard IUD

Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    I JUST got one last month, after 10 years of HBC. Honestly, theyre barely discussed as even being an option in the US. My health textbooks in middle and high school didnt even mention them. I first learned about them from 1) my mom and 2) other women on the internet when I was in high school. I assumed it was a thing that was done in the 70s (when my mom had one) and wasnt popular anymore. But I was shocked to learn that it is THE MOST POPULAR METHOD OF ARTIFICIAL BIRTH CONTROL IN THE WORLD. Like 60% of women in China and Europe who are using birth control, use one, either copper or progestin.

I think part of the reason doctors dont discuss it is because it is WAY more difficult to give to a woman than a prescription. My primary care doctor sent me to a specific gynecologist, saying that they can be so tricky to get right that you need someone with a lot of practice. I heard another woman somewhere say that she went to planned parenthood for hers for the same reason; they do them all the time, her doctor does not.

Anyway.... While HBC worked for me for many years, once going primal I decided I wanted to be completely off of all the medications. It makes me happy to realize that my body is as close to its normal, natural functioning than its been in a long, long time. Im hoping it will help with weight loss as well.

(Although, not gonna lie, just started my first period while on it and they aint kidding when they say flow can get heavier :P)
    It can get better as time goes on...my body took a month to get used to it and return to normal. I guess the only side-effect I still have from it is cramps during my period, which I didn't get before. Otherwise, all good. And it definitely works haha