Page 17 of 838 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117517 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 17

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by maba View Post
    Isn't it crazy that they stock up on all the processed stuff but I had to go to 3 different stores before I found full-fat yoghurt.
    It IS crazy. But CW goes: "Yogurt is a health food, and healthy food does not have fat!" Sure, it has sugar, artificial colors/flavors/sweeteners, & HFCS, but fat? The HoRrOrs!!!!!!

I'm in GA. We have 7 Oaks, Fage, TJ's, and a couple of other brands of whole yogurt, available at Whole foods, Trader Joe's, The Fresh Market, and urban & suburban Krogers. Fage is available in pints whole (although TJ recently continued the whole fat pints GRRR), but somewhere in New England I saw Fage quarts for crazy wonderful prices!!

AlexP712 is offline Junior Member
    My 80 year old father was complaining of headaches and disorientation. My sister took him the emergency ward at the local hospital to get diagnosed. they said he had a 92% arterial blockage in his left carotid artery. The told him he needed fast surgery and said they wanted to keep him in the hospital until the surgery could be set up to remove the blockage. Scary stuff.

The doctor did his usual spiel about cholesterol, blah, blah, blah.

After the doctor left the nurse came in with dinner; Fried chicken, macaroni and cheese and some mushy booger colored substance on the side that maybe have once been green beans before being canned then boiled mercilessly for an hour.

I went out and brought him a gourmet omelet from the cafeteria. Visitors eat better than the patients.

My dad gave up eggs 10 years ago on advice from another doctor.

LemonFreshScent is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexP712 View Post
    My 80 year old father was complaining of headaches and disorientation. My sister took him the emergency ward at the local hospital to get diagnosed. they said he had a 92% arterial blockage in his left carotid artery. The told him he needed fast surgery and said they wanted to keep him in the hospital until the surgery could be set up to remove the blockage. Scary stuff.

The doctor did his usual spiel about cholesterol, blah, blah, blah.

After the doctor left the nurse came in with dinner; Fried chicken, macaroni and cheese and some mushy booger colored substance on the side that maybe have once been green beans before being canned then boiled mercilessly for an hour.

I went out and brought him a gourmet omelet from the cafeteria. Visitors eat better than the patients.

My dad gave up eggs 10 years ago on advice from another doctor.
    ugh! This is so sad! I hope your dad gets better.

Lodini is offline Senior Member
    I have friends who work out every day so that they can eat whatever they want... mostly desserts, all day long. I try to explain the 80% diet theory... but they are convinced that a half hour workout entitles them to eat 1,000s of calories of sweets all the time.
    Starting weight, June 10, 2010: 213 pounds
    Current weight, October 31, 2010: 177 pounds
    Goal: Happiness, Health, Hotness

Screw "moderation"!!

MuaythaiNez is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SassaFrass88 View Post
    My non-Primal colleague just had a double-masectomy (not funny), but now she eats mostly raw and vegetarian meals only.....and drinks like 2 cans of diet coke a day and snorts at my eating meat and saturated fat....

:-/
    hahah!! oh i really cant stand the veggies that think they are so damn healthy!!!! 2 cans of DIET coke?? can some one say sugar shock with me?!?!

its funny how scared people are of meat!

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Shakes to lose weight...

Slim Fast!

[rolls eyes]
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

cathode is offline Junior Member
    I Love this site i feel im on the right track to a heathy life its when i was addicted to sugar and carbs i would go in cycles of ' being good then getting ill being bad feeling guilty and the cycle went round and round now i feel fantastic and not a bit of guilt when i eat real food beef and real gravy is my favorite
    i can see the people at work looking at my massive salads full of meat nuts and seeds eggs adding up the calories but they cant say anything as im droping weight every week so what im doing is working
    they keep trying to tempt me with cake or other naughty items saying one won do any harm but i know better have lost a stone now but feel like its much more as my belly has gone tiny anway love reading all your posts and im glad i have found this

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    I can't STAND my co-workers. They are so ignorant about nutrition and health and yet they spout off. But, I'm still the only fat one, so I don't say anything because I know it would look crazy for the fat girl to talk the opposite of CW about nutrition. I suppose they have the benefit of never having gotten fat in the first place and having a hormonal problem.

For example, today someone said that bikram yoga is good for weight loss because it makes you sweat a lot. wth??? And there are too many people crash dieting and stopping, happy that they lost 6 pounds in one week. That just sounds incredibly unhealthy.

yelena is offline Member
    Oh man, the yogurt thing. Greek yogurt seems to be the new in thing in my area, but the brand nearly every store carries is Chobani, which seems to only exist in low-fat and fat-free versions. Fat-free greek yogurt! Boggles the mind. Thank Grok for the Trader Joe's down the street, which has the real stuff. Which reminds me, I need to go stock up.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    They are so ignorant about nutrition and health and yet they spout off. But, I'm still the only fat one, so I don't say anything because I know it would look crazy for the fat girl to talk the opposite of CW about nutrition.
    Oh, how I feel your pain. One of my main motivations for weight loss is so that my loved ones will ask me what I'm doing, or believe me when I say it.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey