Page 168 of 872 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218268668 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 8718

Thread: Funny CW moments page 168

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I go into the Quik Shop for a bottle of water on my way to an appointment. As it happens with the particular brand I purchased (arrowhead-whatever), I get a FREE bottle of E. Energy fruit punch flavor (its one of those tiny bottles). Really?? Soooo... if your thirsty you must be in want of energy?? LOL what crap. So I look at this bottle for grins and giggles- fat free, sugar free, gluten free, yet filled with citric acid and chemicals, chemicals, chemicals. yeah- I really want this in my body-NOT.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Lucy is offline Member
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    Overheard two new coworkers at lunch talking about healthy eating today. One of them said that her boyfriend who is studying to be a chemist told her that "women shouldn't eat white bread because it turns to sugar in their bodies".

I couldn't help but stick my nose in and ask if it does something different in a man's body. She said, "yes, men just digest it like any other carbohydrate."

*FACEPALM OF DEATH*

Sorry ladies, I guess you're out of luck. I'll be over here eating my bologna sandwich on white bread, thanks to my magical carbohydrate blocking penis.

hockeyfan7 is offline Senior Member
    This morning on my Mom's Board on Weight Watchers one of the ladies is going out to breakfast tomorrow and wanted suggestions on what to order. She's getting responses like oatmeal and juice, an egg white omelet with whole wheat toast with no butter, skim milk.

My response? Well I've lost 25 pounds in 8 weeks eating 3 eggs with veggies scrambled in butter and 4 or 5 slices of bacon every morning. That sounds better to me than plain old egg whites and dry toast.

Responses to my post were along the lines of "Oh just reading that made me gain 5 pounds" and "It's all water weight - it will come back" OK fine - but eating your way for years hasn't done a darn thing for me.

Thank goodness my doctor referred me to a diabetes nutritionist who believes that primal eating will cure the world. She believes that carbs are what's making America fat and diabetic.

sixpack-rc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan7 View Post
    This morning on my Mom's Board on Weight Watchers one of the ladies is going out to breakfast tomorrow and wanted suggestions on what to order. She's getting responses like oatmeal and juice, an egg white omelet with whole wheat toast with no butter, skim milk.

My response? Well I've lost 25 pounds in 8 weeks eating 3 eggs with veggies scrambled in butter and 4 or 5 slices of bacon every morning. That sounds better to me than plain old egg whites and dry toast.

Responses to my post were along the lines of "Oh just reading that made me gain 5 pounds" and "It's all water weight - it will come back" OK fine - but eating your way for years hasn't done a darn thing for me.

Thank goodness my doctor referred me to a diabetes nutritionist who believes that primal eating will cure the world. She believes that carbs are what's making America fat and diabetic.
    Yeah, it's all water weight. 25 POUNDS WORTH!!!! LOL!

I get that one too. I've lost 21 lbs in almost a month. (including a 10 day plateau) I'm stronger, leaner, my clothes fit better, my skin is better and my back doesn't hurt anymore. That water sure is bad for you Good thing you lost it. Maybe they might want to try losing a little bit of water themselves

~rc

CoS
    CoS is offline Senior Member
    I was in line for the new buffet-style place on campus, and its become my primal go-to: pretty decent salad bar, chicken breast, burgers, fresh avocado, eggs, bacon, sometimes salmon etc. But they also opened a new "soup and sandwich" place next door. Its called Grains on 12th, and its a knock off Panera. Just sandwiches and soup. They guy was handing out free bags of potato chips, and it think I spied some BS claim like "all-natural" or "made with sea salt" on the wrapper. I had my arms folded already, but when he walked by I just shook my head at him, saying "No thanks". He gave me this look of "You're a college student turning down free food? What's wrong with you?"

Its become a source of pride for me to turn down food. It was really hard last year when I was eating CW healthy to turn down pizza and subs, but not its just second nature. I then proceeded to eat a burger patty, chicken breast, big plate of mixed greens with tomato, green pepper, mushrooms, boiled eggs, and bacon.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I just got back from Southern California last night, my old stomping grounds. sigh Everything for miles was low fat.

I went to breakfast at an old-style diner. The omelettes seemed to be real egg, but they tasted very "white" to me, and the cheese was proudly described as low fat. The waiter looked at me like I was smoking crack when I said I didn't want the toast. Nope, no bagel either. No, seriously, I don't even want an english muffin. Yes, I'm sure.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

CoS
    CoS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    The waiter looked at me like I was smoking crack when I said I didn't want the toast. Nope, no bagel either. No, seriously, I don't even want an english muffin. Yes, I'm sure.
    I get the same look every time I eat breakfast at a restaurant. "I'm sorry, you can only get one order of bacon for that price." "But I don't want the toast OR the hashbrowns." "I'm sorry, starch for starch, meat for meat." Okay. I guess I'll take the bare white plate with two pieces of bacon and scrambled eggs.

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Silly People
    25 pounds of water weight!
    You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

jandge is offline Senior Member
    lkasjdfl;kjasflkjasdf I've been complaining about my sister for months now. SHE MAKES IT SO EASY. Today she told me that she's going vegan, "but I'll eat meat like once a month for my protein."

She keeps trying to talk to me about the China Study, about all it's benefits. And that she just wants to stop feeling like crap.

Before leaving she compliments me on how good my skin looks and proceeds to make herself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for the ride home.
    Last edited by jandge; 09-21-2011 at 10:18 PM.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
    Congenital Hypothyroid
    CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Ok so prior to finding MDA and going more paleo than primal, I was doing a weightloss program called bioslife slim. "all natural ingredients that help stabilize your metabolism. Just put one packet in a glass of water or juice 30 minutes before you eat and you will start to lose weight!" Yeah ok.. its mostly scyllium (fiber). So I have a couple of boxes of this crap and find it interesting that as expensive as it is, people who have tried it do not want it!! (yes, they would rather complain about how they are not losing weight rather than thwart grains) sooooo... I call the rep and told her i have these boxes what do I do with them. Her response is get back on it!!! ummm nope! I told her that I am not eating grains or sugar and am doing fine and am happy with what I am doing. Needless to say she was curt and told me no refund. WOW!! They claimed they stood by their product. Guess not!! Just another gimmick.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.