Page 164 of 879 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264664 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 8788

Thread: Funny CW moments page 164

gunnk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    hazmat -- I think that's one thing that makes trying to live primally hard. Your world seems so disconnected from the world around you. It seems impossible to have both worlds coexisting simultaneously.

I like the fact that you used both "zombies" and "alien" in the same comment. It really does represent how far Primal Living is from the world of manufactured food and the neverending parade of drugs to "fix" the problems they create.
    Life is short: Void the warranty.

hazmat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnk View Post
    hazmat -- I think that's one thing that makes trying to live primally hard. Your world seems so disconnected from the world around you. It seems impossible to have both worlds coexisting simultaneously.

I like the fact that you used both "zombies" and "alien" in the same comment. It really does represent how far Primal Living is from the world of manufactured food and the neverending parade of drugs to "fix" the problems they create.
    Absolutely. That disconnect is real, many of us have it with our spouses and families. People are so brainwashed that they would never believe that grains are bad for them. People also have this view that if they aren't overweight they are healthy. If they are skinny why do they need to change what they eat? I think the concept of skinny= healthy and fat=unhealthy is so beaten into our heads.

I tried explaining to my father in law that she stop eating wheat instead of taking statins. He said I was crazy if I wouldn't take drugs.

CoS
    CoS is offline Senior Member
    Hell, I'd give my right arm if my family would try to be healthy by CW standards. What's the point in telling them that all bread is bad if they aren't willing to trade HFCS-white bread for whole grain wheat bread? Its very frustrating. The environment that raised me to be 300 lbs by age 20 certainly isn't going to change completely in just a short summer.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
    And if folks continue to eat SAD they will be
    " mostly dead as opposed to all dead"
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Medical check-up. Lady saw my total cholesterol at 230-something and started to lecture me until they saw how high my good cholesterol was. Then they were flummoxed that my blood sugar was only 79. I told them I eat a lot of beef lard, many eggs a day and red meat, along with piles of vegetables and coconut products. No grains, especially whole grains because of the phytates and lectins and insulin spikes. Steam came out their ears as I explained I'm eating the way people ate before there was heart disease. I felt so good blowing their minds.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    That reminds me of my last "check-up." I step off the scale; the nurse checks the BMI chart and sees that I measure just on the 'overweight' side of the overweight/normal line.

Nurse: "Just over the 'overweight' line on the BMI chart here. Tsk tsk."
    Me: "Wow, that's great - this time last year I was obese."
    Nurse: agape.
    pause.
    Nurse: "How did you do it?"
    Me: "Real food. Nothing processed. Lots of fat."
    Nurse: agape. Tells doctor.
    Doctor: agape. "Oh, I see your TC is high (and HDL is doubled from three years ago and trigs have plummeted). Let's get you on a low-fat diet..."
    Me: agape.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

CoS
    CoS is offline Senior Member
    That's funny. I had a doc appt on Tuesday. I went to a lipid clinic from age 13 to 16 and had very high triglycerides, total, and LDL, and VERY low HDL. Now that I've been exercising for the past year and eating primal since June, my HDL is almost 90 and LDL and triglycerides are very low. My total is a little "high", but my doctor said "that number doesn't mean anything, so keep doing whatever you're doing." Didn't even ask me what I did to reverse the trend.

Blackbird is offline Senior Member
    MamaGrok--you could have slapped them with a steak and inserted avocados in their gaping mouths, but that would have been a waste of delicious food.
    "Wait! I'll fix it!"
    "Problems always disappear in the presence of a technician."
    "If you can't improvise, what are you doing out in the field?"

jandge is offline Senior Member
    Some person on the forum said that we are unplugged from the matrix. It's the best analogy I've seen regarding that weird disconnect between us and people still living CW.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
    Congenital Hypothyroid
    CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Glockin Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jandge View Post
    Some person on the forum said that we are unplugged from the matrix. It's the best analogy I've seen regarding that weird disconnect between us and people still living CW.
    This is by far the best thing I read to describe how I feel... I can't look at people/how they eat the same.

I see people huffing and puffing from walking from their car into my work.