Page 162 of 901 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262662 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 9004

Thread: Funny CW moments page 162

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spakesneaker View Post
    My cousin just asked me what toppings I wanted on pizza, and when I said I didn't want any pizza, she said, "It's okay, there's no fat on it... you can just remove the cheese."
    Then you say, "Why yes I will remove the cheese. And then I will eat it. Would you like my crust?"

Quote Originally Posted by sixpack-rc View Post
    I was playing golf yesterday with a guy who said he is a health care provider. I think that meant he is a nurse.
    lol, I read that and my mind immediately spat back "murse".
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Goldstar is offline Senior Member
    My DH isn't primal and likes to poke fun at the amount of fat and meat his thin, small framed wife is eating, while he's eating his oats. I eat him under the table and wave butter at him. He's good natured and it's all in fun. He likes to say I'm on "The Gaffigan Diet" and we both say in high pitched unison laughing..."baaaaaaaacccccooon!"

Gaffigan's bit on bacon is funny whether you believe in CW or primal.

Jim Gaffigan - Bacon - KING BABY - CD and DVD Available NOW! - YouTube

CattyB is offline Senior Member
    Gots me several to share:

Last week; My 2 co-workers and I pitch in and get French Vanilla coffee creamer (my one BIG, almost daily cheat) and CoWkr #2 comes in with a tiny bottle stating "I didn't get the big bottle like you usually get 'cause they didn't have it in fat-free..." Thus ruining the only redeeming aspect of indulging in this atrocity at all. (I bought my own and am freely sharing, but won't trust her with my $$ any more -- also using FullFat coconut milk more and more frequently! )

Just today - extended family picnic; Hubbie's elderly aunt was diagnosed IBS/celiac/sumthin' and has been GF for 2 years. When she saw us (and heard the barest bit, including "no grains") she promptly chimes in with "But there are so many GF breads/cereals/mixes out there! Some of them don't even taste too bad -- that's what you kids should buy!"

This is one that I've not seen referred to at all on this thread (and I've just finished reading all 162 pgs!); I mentioned that taking cooler showers (as Mark recommends) means that, with autumn approaching - and a couple of cold mornings last week - I don't feel like I'm freezing my hoo-hoos off as I step out from under the tepid water ~~~ added bonus to the other bennies! A 50-ish co-worker gaped at me and said "You should ALWAYS take showers in the hottest water you can stand! How else are you going to kill off all the bacteria on your skin?" (<--boiled CoWkr, anyone??)

Finally, a bit of SUCCESS!!
    Since I'm an observant-type being, It's hard to miss that a lot of the weight-loss 'plans' or 'systems' out there are all about "tricking" the body into loosing poundage while letting you eat what you want (ie Alli et al), I've put a "maybe they'll understand if I put it this way" slant to my sermon regarding fats;

"You have to TRAIN your body to see it's own fat as a fuel. The only way to do this is to
    1) Eliminate as many carbs from your diet as possible so that the body doesn't have access to the 'easy energy' it's used to getting every 2-4 hours.
    2) Since the body is accustomed to dietary energy direct from food, you NEED to eat a fair amount of saturated, healthy fats and oils so that the body says "oh well, guess I gotta get energy from what she/he just ate".
    3) Fats/meat protein/fresh, real food stays with the body longer, so to train the body to use it properly, you must eat less frequently -- no snacking -- until you actually start feeling hungry again."

...I go on from there if I have the time ~ using my own example of 37 lbs in 9 weeks as proof ~ and some of the folks are starting to see the light (although this layman's explanation isn't the whole story by a long shot! ). I may soon have some converts at work....once they get over that "oh I just CAN'T give up my bread/pasta/chips".
    Last edited by CattyB; 09-12-2011 at 12:07 AM.

jandge is offline Senior Member
    Me: Baby, you eat your pork chop.
    Small Cousin: No!
    Me: It's good protein! Yum!
    Sister: He ate his rice and beans, that was totally protein. *places oreo fudge brownie dessert in front of him*
    Me: *fucking speechless*

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
    Congenital Hypothyroid
    CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CattyB View Post
    Fortunately, this usually leads to a discussion with the rep regarding PB and how it works for me. Most declare that nobody really eats this way, and they're wanting to please the greatest crowd... and that the docs all "want" the CW crap. I acknowledge their 'cleverness' by pointing out that if MORE people ate 'my' way, they'd be out of a job and their employers out of business!
    There's some truth to this in that these foods are made to be hyperpalatable. That said....

I bet if that rep bought a wheel of cheese, a log of summer sausage, a basket of fruit, and a sharp knife, it'd be gone by the end of the day. Unfortunately, those things aren't cheap. Repurposed, highly engineered wheat products are.

I was very proud of my little band of techie co-workers the other day. I buy the snacks (and yes, I buy the crap -- because that's what they ask for), but I also try and buy some "good" snacky stuff. I put out five pounds of plums one day, thinking I'd be the only one to eat them. Nope. They were gone in less than 24 hours!

Personally, I've stopped snacking since going primaleo. But if it kept someone from eating a fistful of pretzels, I'm happy.

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    I was very proud of my little band of techie co-workers the other day. I buy the snacks (and yes, I buy the crap -- because that's what they ask for), but I also try and buy some "good" snacky stuff. I put out five pounds of plums one day, thinking I'd be the only one to eat them. Nope. They were gone in less than 24 hours!

Personally, I've stopped snacking since going primaleo. But if it kept someone from eating a fistful of pretzels, I'm happy.
    After Irene and we lost power for 3 days... it cleaned all the junk food out of the fridge. Problem solved!!!
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    "You should ALWAYS take showers in the hottest water you can stand! How else are you going to kill off all the bacteria on your skin?"
    Oh. my. :headspinning: So even showers have to be antibacterial now?

Do you think s/he ever stopped once to think about whether the temperature of even the hottest shower is capable of killing any bacteria at all?
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    The lab my students did today involved cookies (yeah, I know- was not even tempted though). My para was oooing and ahhhing and bemoaning the calories if she just had one. She asked if I had had any and I replied that I don't eat flour and sugar. She was speechless. She said but what DO you eat and I told her meat and some veggies, very little fruit because it sparks the sweet tooth. She said, but how do you LIVE without bread???!!! My reply? I eat VERY well.

LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    Hehe.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I love those commercials!

But I think I dated Mr Indecisive Food Orderer Guy, and now I live with Mr SPF 80 Sunblock Wearer Guy.

Crap, my life is turning into a Bud Light commercial!
    Last edited by RitaRose; 09-12-2011 at 09:52 PM.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com