Page 161 of 883 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261661 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 8822

Thread: Funny CW moments page 161

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    LOVE the Scarlet O'Hara-ish quote! HAHAHAHA You just left out as God as my witness!
    I am sorta from the south and I didn't even realize I'd said it that way. Any true Southerner knows it was the "War of Northern Aggression" anyway.

I had 3 fried eggs with home made hollandaise and a whole avocado drizzled with olive oil and vinegar, sprinkled with sea salt for breakfast and I couldn't help but hear my MIL say "I only eat one egg a week".

I love Eggs Benedict. Wish I could have the Canadian Bacon with it... sigh.
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spakesneaker View Post
    I was putting butter on yams a few days ago and my cousin asked, "Is it low-fat butter?"

I was making a smoothie with goat milk yogurt yesterday and my cousin asked, "Is it low-fat yogurt?"

Last night my cousin was making some kind of horrific soup-from-a-packet and asked my mother if she wanted any, saying, "It has no fat."

Notice a trend?

Also, low-fat butter? Seriously? It's a crime against nature to even think of such a thing.
    My cousin just asked me what toppings I wanted on pizza, and when I said I didn't want any pizza, she said, "It's okay, there's no fat on it... you can just remove the cheese."

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwigirl42 View Post
    I think us Ravelers are taking over the world, one forum at a time! Maybe we should have a Primal group over there?
    We kind of do (thanks to belinda). Check out the LSG - Anti-Lard Alliance group. There are a couple of threads over there just for us! One is "Primal Urges and Paleo Ponderings" and the other is "Primal Blueprint 30-Day Challenge 2011".
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sires6 View Post
    I am sorta from the south and I didn't even realize I'd said it that way. Any true Southerner knows it was the "War of Northern Aggression" anyway.

I had 3 fried eggs with home made hollandaise and a whole avocado drizzled with olive oil and vinegar, sprinkled with sea salt for breakfast and I couldn't help but hear my MIL say "I only eat one egg a week".

What a waste. Hollandaise sauce is meant to be eaten on steamed broccoli.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sires6 View Post

me too.. lived as a child in Savannah, Ga
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    you must be a yankee.j/k
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    Silly Alex. Hollandaise is meant to be eaten on everything when available.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MadelynMc View Post
    That was my first instinct, too. But I think I'm too afraid of what might be in it! Sugar? Corn something? "Flavors?" There's no telling. My mom bought me some organic half and half when she was in town because she used mine (no biggie I was switching to coconut creamer anyway). The container looked fairly innocuous until I flipped it over. It had like 10 ingredients. Why in the world would there be corn syrup in half and half? It boggles the mind.
    I've been lucky in that they've been purchasing containers with ingredient labels. No sugar or corn syrup solids for me, but there is carob/xantham/guar gum and maltodextrin. Should be okay, right?

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Actually ironically I've come pretty much full circle from Chinese CW to American CW, and now almost back to Chinese CW.

When I was little, I never really cared about what I ate. I liked to eat a Warhead or Whopper every now and then, but candy was really severely limited, but I didn't really care for it that much unless it was in front of me. Once in a while it'll be a bag of potato chips, but that was really rare. But otherwise I ate food typical of the Chinese CW because that's how my mom cooked. Breakfast would ideally have been maybe some milk, rice and/or some other meat and eggs, or maybe fruit. Lunch would be rice and some sort of leftover meat and vegetables. I could only eat packaged ramen once a month or so, and that was my junk food. Dinner would be rice and some sort of fresh meat and fresh vegetables. The only thing wrong with the meat/vegetables was that it would be sauteed in vegetable oil (minimally), but my mom was good at using meat fat at the same time as cooking vegetables, so more meat fat would ultimately end up being consumed than oil. And maybe a scant amount of added sugar. My carbs were pretty much all rice and fruit, and I probably ate at most 200g carbs in a day.

When I hit college, I bought into the "whole grain" and 100 calorie pack thing. Being an athlete, I was convinced carbs were good, so I ate probably up to 400g carbs every day in wheat bread, oatmeal, and dry cereal (and fruit!). Only used vegetable oil because I was a cheap college student not willing to buy olive oil, and very sparingly. Lots and lots of tofu. Although I was really good about eating lots of vegetables and a moderate amount of meat/eggs. When I came home my mom got really angry at me because she said that all the fiber I was telling her that was good for me was actually screwing up my digestive system. I also got angry at her for adding so much meat fat and oil to everything. We argued a lot on what we ate because I thought she was ignorant for being Asian and not have anything backed up by American science, even though I pretty much felt like crap every day maintaining the same weight lol.....

It's so interesting how I'm eating in the style back to pretty much what my mom made me eat before, with rice and fruit being my only carbs. I'm supposed to be limiting dairy and nuts like she did, but I am still working on that. Thank God she instilled in me a patience to do cooking Chinese style, since I still buy my vegetables fresh and most of my meat fresh, with a knowledge of what looks like a good piece of fruit and what fish looks too old to buy. So can I give it a yay for at least Chinese CW?

CattyB is offline Senior Member
    I work in an Internal Medicine (more PC to say than 'geriatric') clinic. Seeing as how the average age of our patients is somewhere in the mid- to high 60's, the pharmaceutical companies just LOVE to bring in breakfast and/or lunch and schmooz the providers. I've made no bones about wandering into the break room, scoping out the spread, sighing, then turn my back with "nothing today that I can eat" and heading back to my desk and breaking out the carrots and nuts.

I've had some who point out the 'low fat' salad dressing, the 'lite' lunch meats, the whole grain granola that is supposed to be mixed into the sugar-laden yogurt along with the occasional serving of ~~GASP~~ fresh fruit!!

Fortunately, this usually leads to a discussion with the rep regarding PB and how it works for me. Most declare that nobody really eats this way, and they're wanting to please the greatest crowd... and that the docs all "want" the CW crap. I acknowledge their 'cleverness' by pointing out that if MORE people ate 'my' way, they'd be out of a job and their employers out of business!
    Last edited by CattyB; 09-10-2011 at 07:58 PM.