Page 16 of 901 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116516 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 16

Kay
    Kay is offline Member

My brother lives in the states and he gets full fat yogurt from Middleeastern stores (it's staple in the diet there). But I wonder if you guys would like it, it's slightly more sour and more lumpy that the "Western" version, due to the live bacteria.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

History final today...

Guess what the professor brought us as "nourishment" and "energy sources"?

Cookies, diet coke, and iced tea! 8:30AM!

Caffeine and sugar for the already stressed out students!

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Luckykoi is offline Junior Member

love this post!

i spent this morning with my in-laws (not by choice) and my FIL asked me what my 8 month old is trying with foods right now. I mentioned the veggies and fruits he likes and has tried. i also mentioned the chicken and turkey... then he asks "has he tried oatmeal yet?"... my reply "no, and he will not be eating grains. they have no nutritional value to it"... and both my ILs hemmed and hawed... They have noticed that I have lost a lot of weight but I never told them what I was doing. They already have issues that I have my own opinion on things....

So my MIL says "well, at least you are just eating chicken and turkey... not a lot of red meat, right?"... coming from a family full of auto-immune issues, i just smiled and said "mmmmm red meat is the BEST!"... funny thing, my FIL called this morning saying that his IBS is okay now so i could come down to the house....

I loved how my SIL was in the back biting her tongue. i know she wanted to say something (the once before vegetarian and a "resident" at Stanford - because Dr.s know it all, right? ;P)

Ahhhh, this is going to be fun! haha

hannahc is offline Senior Member

Haha FNW "Full fat. All the fat." I laughed at that

And PrimalK, that would have had me staring at my lap so as not to unknowingly be giving a horrified look...I&#39;ve got an expressive face apparently. Only 2 pastries being an improvement is like only having two bullet wounds instead of three...

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

gazb is offline Junior Member

Great one yesterday when I was making my dinner (pork steaks) and two of my flatmates were also in the kitchen... One of them offered me a biscuit, I declined, so he says to the other one "I&#39;ve never seen Gary eat a biscuit the whole time he&#39;s been here... he&#39;s a healthy eater. He does eat a lot of meat though...".

They also found it hard to believe that I can just eat a main course and stop without feeling any compelling need to have a dessert. "I take it you just don&#39;t eat desserts because of your tastes?". The implication being that it&#39;s not out of health concern because I can&#39;t be concerned about my health when I eat all that meat?

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    Here's one that made me realize that even the most health-conscious CW'ers are ignorant about nutrition... a co-worker who constantly talks about working out was talking about how much he wanted a McDonald's ice cream sundae. "I want 6-pack abs... but it's only 150 calories!" To which another co-worker, who is also health-conscious because she is trying to get pregnant, said, "Well how much of that is fat calories?"

Yeah it's those dangerous fat calories you gotta watch out for. Not all that sugar and chemicals.
    But I never understood, if it is just calories in-calories out, then what does it matter if it's fat calories??

muaythaimike is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eva View Post
    a couple of days ago i was out for dinner w hubby. So i was ordering a nice steak and a side dish of grilled mushrooms and a tomato-onion sidesalad. So i make my order and the waiter asks if i want frenchfries with that- my answer is no potatoes pls. But he continues suggesting different potatoe options- baked potatoes? boiled potatoes? mashed potatoes? potatosalad? and to each i patiently reply - no potatoes pls. So finally he saYs: "ok i understand. U want rice. Why cant u just say so!!" N i very patiently anwer :" no thank u, i just take what i ordered". So the waiter leaves quite pissed off...n my hubby cant stop laughing
    OH MY DAYS..... I was laughing my head off reading that comment hahahaha
    "My mom made two dishes: Take it or Leave it." -- Stephen Wright, comedian

Russ is offline Senior Member
    Talking to a co-worker just now about what we're eating for lunch, i told him im eating left over beef pot roast with veggies etc.
    He goes "oh that sounds good, im just having cereal today, but im prolly better off for it" he sounded sad! (as he should be) I asked him what kind i guess he just eats a cup of special K cereal for lunch most days

workinhard is offline Senior Member
    My fiancee is all Italian. She's great, but she is bringing me into a typical italian family, and a typical meal looks like this:

course 1: pasta

course 2: anti pasta

course 3: pasta

course 4: bread

course 5: pasta

course 6: meats with pasta

course 7: fish with pasta

Ok maybe an exageration but you get the point. I have a two year old nephew, who is a bit of a picky eater... I'm over for dinner last week, and he won't take any of my steak, or burger, or sausage (it was an awesome meal ). So my sister in law says: "well as long as he's eating PASTA and staying AWAY FROM THE BREAD, then he'll be fine and I'm ok with that."

The kid is going to be a carbo maniac (and it's too bad, because he is built like a BULL and even though he's two, I already know I could turn him into a primal monster )

to each their own I guess???

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernMonkeyGirl View Post
    putting on "traffic light" labels for fat, salt, and sugar.
    (hum) One of these things is not like the other (/hum) Which one of these three items has *not* sustained human health for hundreds of thousands of years?