Page 159 of 881 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259659 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 8801

Thread: Funny CW moments page 159

tcb
    tcb is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Krista View Post
    Oh sorry, it's a common thing here in the Midwest.

Puppy chow is:

crispy rice cereal squares
    peanut butter
    chocolate chips
    cups confectioners' sugar

Combined to look like this:

She sabotages my lifestyle occasionally.
    Ha! It's dog food in the south! Never heard the term before.

Makes sense.
    Primal Krista
    The Paleo Lifestyle

Current primal weight: 134lbs (9/9/11)

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bork Bork View Post
    I have a friend that refuses to even try Primal/Paleo b/c she's fat phobic (I'm convinced). She says fat gives her an upset stomach. Whaa-? *confused*
    I've never gotten an upset stomach from fat. Excessive grease, yes. Fat, no.
    So let me get this straight... she gets nausea every time she eats eggs, avocado, coconut, or dairy? Hmm...
    It could be that her gallbladder isnt functioning right, from years of not eating enough animal fats. The gallbladder stores and dumps digestive enzymes needed to digest animal fats. If those enzymes arent being released, or not enough of them are, that might cause nausea and digestive troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldsmith View Post

So my co-worker shows up about 20 minutes later, two boxes of donuts under each arm. He spots the bagels and makes a comment about how "we have a healthy option for breakfast today" to go along with his donuts.
    Wait he considered the donuts to be BREAKFAST?
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    I used to love puppy chow.

Conversation while my In-Laws were visiting in July.

Me: I'm having eggs for breakfast, would you like some? (Third time in as many days)
    Mom: Your Father in law and I don't eat eggs but maybe once a week because of the cholesterol.
    Me: Ok

Sooo un-said to my In-Laws: You will eat high sugar, no fat and low fat junk that LOOKs healthy and avoid the eggs that are so fresh that they are often still warm from the chicken's butt, the chickens that are in the back yard eating grass, bugs, and leftovers???

Oh and cholesterol, ... don't get me started.

My girls lay the best eggs.

:facepalm:

I swear one day, I will eat bacon again. If I only find the best kind, that is since the hormones and junk in commercial pork kills me.
    Last edited by sires6; 09-09-2011 at 10:43 AM.
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

tobias is offline Member
    Oh sorry, it's a common thing here in the Midwest. It's actually funny to read that if you are unfamiliar with the "treat."

Puppy chow is:

crispy rice cereal squares
    peanut butter
    chocolate chips
    cups confectioners' sugar

Combined to look like this:

She sabotages my lifestyle occasionally.
    ahhhhh puppy chow!!!! that stuff is like crack! i used to be able to down an entire bowl of that stuff, then of course be in a sugar coma for the next week!

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    In my daughter's 8th grade "health and nutrition" cooking class, they made that crap. I wasn't primal yet then but was still bitching about it. I'ts just another treat recipe - I don't think they ever made a healthy thing in that class even by CW standards. They said most kids wouldn't eat a healthier option. Right, so we teach them to make/eat crap?

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member
    My mother asked my previous family physician (who I grew up going to) about my Paleo diet to see if it really works and what he thinks.

He said that it is "legit" and as long as I get all the nutrients I need I should be fine. However, most people that try this diet tend to quit after a year and they gain all of the weight they lost back.

[sarcasm] Oh really?! [/sarcasm]

My Mom delivered this news with puppy chow (one of my favorite treats growing up) on one of her visits. Thanks Mom. *face-palm*

I'll leave it at that, there are just too many mommie dearest stories in stock.
    Yeah I get told this too... "in a year you'll gain it all back" ... well it's been 19 months now and I'm still thin and am working past my goal weight... sheeesh.
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

MadelynMc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldsmith View Post
    So every Friday at my office there is one guy who, without fail, always buys donuts for everyone. This morning before he arrived, we had a vender come by and he dropped of some catalogs... and a giant bag of bagels with some kind of low-fat smear.

So my co-worker shows up about 20 minutes later, two boxes of donuts under each arm. He spots the bagels and makes a comment about how "we have a healthy option for breakfast today" to go along with his donuts.
    Seriously - every. friday. at my office. Usually a giant Panera bagel spread - box-o-bagels, spread, raisin bread, pastry ring, etc. I work for clinical cancer researchers. How's that for irony? The conversations I overhear about food make me want to bang my head against my desk to make it stop. Just FYI: lean cuisine, diet coke and pretzels are not real food.

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    In my daughter's 8th grade "health and nutrition" cooking class, they made that crap. I wasn't primal yet then but was still bitching about it. I'ts just another treat recipe - I don't think they ever made a healthy thing in that class even by CW standards. They said most kids wouldn't eat a healthier option. Right, so we teach them to make/eat crap?
    How about this: http://www.ivillage.com/you-high-sch...dt|09-07-2011|

the first one is enough to make you :facepalm: "eat fast food" ARE YOU NUTS!!!
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

ELizabeth826 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sires6 View Post
    How about this: http://www.ivillage.com/you-high-sch...dt|09-07-2011|

the first one is enough to make you :facepalm: "eat fast food" ARE YOU NUTS!!!
    That link didn't work for me, but this article caught me eye: Gwyneth Paltrow Knee Wrinkles Kninkles - iVillage

Dear The Daily Fail, I'm supposed to be self conscious about my KNEES now? Really?

In conclusion, I hate everything.