Page 157 of 883 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207257657 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 8822

Thread: Funny CW moments page 157

sixpack-rc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok
    Sillies. It's not the primal person's logic; it's the primal person using the CW person's logic to destroy his own argument.

Nilled is offline Junior Member
    Hi,
    This is such an amusing thread, and it's taken so very long to get through, but it's been a fun, giggle/cringe journey. Somewhere along the line someone mentioned the idea of having a T-shirt that read "Body by Bacon" I thought that was fantastic, as like most of you I'm a little obsessed with the bacon after turning primal... so I googled it, and indeed they make them.... but it's marketed in another classic CW missconception.. (I'll most likely get one anyway... I wonder how much you have to pay for XS?)

BODY BY BACON T-SHIRT - FUNNY FAT T-SHIRTS FOR THE FAT GUY

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sixpack-rc View Post
    Exactly. Which is why the doctor telling him not to eat red meat was ridiculous. The cow makes it from grains therefore the human can make it from grains as well.

The doctor was implying that the only way my friend could get it was through eating red meat from cows. IF that's true, then how did the cow get it? Get it?

~rc
    But eating foods containing certain compounds can also have deleterious effects - take kidney stones and oxalates, for example. Spinach, kale, et al. are all high in oxalic acid, which can lead to kidney stones; it's not the body manufacturing oxalic acid from these foods, it's the oxalic acid content of the food itself. Thus, your logic still made no sense, as it is perfectly plausible that eating foods high in uric acid might contribute to gout.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilled View Post
    Hi,
    This is such an amusing thread, and it's taken so very long to get through, but it's been a fun, giggle/cringe journey. Somewhere along the line someone mentioned the idea of having a T-shirt that read "Body by Bacon" I thought that was fantastic, as like most of you I'm a little obsessed with the bacon after turning primal... so I googled it, and indeed they make them.... but it's marketed in another classic CW missconception.. (I'll most likely get one anyway... I wonder how much you have to pay for XS?)

BODY BY BACON T-SHIRT - FUNNY FAT T-SHIRTS FOR THE FAT GUY

Ha!! That cracks me up that you have to pay extra for regular-sized shirts. I guess its them trying to get revenge for having to pay extra for multiple-X shirts
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Him: Because gout is caused by Uric acid which you get from red meat.
    Me: I think it's from the two liter of Coke you drink every day.
    Try sending him this article which directly attributes soda as a producer of uric acid for gout:
    Sugar-sweetened soft drinks, diet soft drinks, and serum uric acid level: The third national health and nutrition examination survey - Choi - 2007 - Arthritis Care & Research - Wiley Online Library

To sum up...
    "Choi's research has shown that study participants who consumed two or more servings of sugar- or fructose-sweetened soda each day had an 85 percent increased risk of developing gout, compared with participants who consumed less than one serving of sugary soda per month. Even sugary fruit juice, such as orange juice, raises the risk. "
    Last edited by Jenny; 09-07-2011 at 01:20 PM.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

sixpack-rc is offline Senior Member
    I understand your point.

I just don't think you're getting what I was saying and why it was funny. Oh well.

~rc

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    No, I understand what you were saying. It wasn't funny and didn't make any sense.

Also, we can see perfectly well that it's you. No need to sign your forum posts.

Tawny is offline Senior Member
    I just don't think you're getting what I was saying and why it was funny. Oh well.
    I got it, and it was funny

mammlouk is offline Member
    I was at REI yesterday picking out a pair of Merrel Trail gloves for my 6 year old son because his school will not allow him to wear his Vibram Five Fingers due to dresscode. I mentioned that to the lady and here is an approximation of the conversation that followed.

Her: "I have to agree with the school a little bit."
    Me: "Huh?! Why?"
    Her: "Well, kids aren't very observant or cautious of other people so he could really get hurt if someone steps on his toes."
    Me: "Huh???!!!!"
    Her: "And what if he hurts himself runing around and jumping in them? You don't know what sort of surfaces he's playing on at school."
    Her: "I got my 15 year old son a pair of Vibram's and I told him he couldn't run, jump, or climb in them and he asked what he COULD do in them."
    Her: "He needs to slowly work up to them, but he never wears them."
    Me: "Well if he's not sprinting or distance running in them, and he spends some good time barefoot which most people do around the house these days, it shouldn't be a problem."
    Her: "Well I really think that it's important for... " INTERRUPTION
    My Wife: "O.k. let's go!"

My wife and I drove home talking about how the gal obviosuly didn't get it. Feet are designed to work, regular shoes don't offer much more protection against getting stepped on (most first graders aren't wearing steel toes), and she scared her son into never wearing the shoes that she spent a decent amount of money on. I just don't get it! Meanwhile she didn't seem to have any concern over the fact that despite a little extra insole cushion and a closed toebox, the Trail gloves are the same as the Vibrams.
    Beginning of Primal Journey:
    Date: 4/6/2011
    Weight: 247

Progress:

“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” ~ Thomas Jefferson

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    I will say that I do stub my toes a lot more with the VFFs while hiking (or, worst, is when I "stub" the ball of my foot while passing it too low over a rock. That hurts far more for some reason). But then this is probably because my body didnt grow up learning to be careful about where I step. Which, hopefully, your son's body will.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!