Page 155 of 881 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205255655 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 8801

Thread: Funny CW moments page 155

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Now his guest is saying you should rub ghee inside your nostrils every night.
    Next time you are at a bar order a buttery nostril....
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Next time you are at a bar order a buttery nostril....
    They're not going to tackle me and shove butter up my nose, are they? And if they are, do I get to pick the hotty that does it?
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    They're not going to tackle me and shove butter up my nose, are they? And if they are, do I get to pick the hotty that does it?
    Hey, what happens in Vegas....
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

sixpack-rc is offline Senior Member
    A friend of mine gave up red meat because he has gout. I asked him why.

Him: Because gout is caused by Uric acid which you get from red meat.
    Me: I think it's from the two liter of Coke you drink every day.
    Him: No, my doctor said it's caused by uric acid in red meat and to give up red meat.
    Me: It comes from meat?
    Him: Yes.
    Me: So it's in cow meat?
    Him: Yes.
    Me: So how does it get in the cow meat then since cows don't eat red meat?
    Him: ...crickets...

Still drinks the soda but through CW has lost a lot of weight and ran a marathon...but still has the gout.

~rc

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Och, gout runs in my family and I don't have it so it can't be the steak.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    My neighbour has been converted to Primal after seeing my results. Her husband has gout and had been following the no meat/no alcohol recommendations of his doctor with no relief in symptoms.
    I convinced him to try Primal and keep his fructose really low (the real culprit in gout according to Loren Cordain) and hey presto - he hasn't had an attack in months.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I got gout years ago when I did Atkins. I definitely wasn't eating much fruit, but I have been fairly low carb with Primal and never did have an issue with it.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

sixpack-rc is offline Senior Member
    Back then we didn't have the information on the fructose that we have now (I don't think) but it just didn't make sense to me that it was the red meat.

sires6 is offline Senior Member

Been there...

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Because meat is high in fat and cholesterol, duh. And also full of the pain and bad karma of being slaughtered. Didn't you know?
    A lot of you all are downing the vegans and such, but I have to tell you, I spent 16 years in that lifestyle because of the horrible conditions of MOST meat. We transitioned to WEston A Price two -three years ago and then I read Mark's book. I told my kids we would eat meat when we knew where it was coming from and it wasn't being fed corn since almost all government (sold to the military) meat is corn fed, corn finished, same as McDonalds.

I can't eat pork because of how they raise most of it in the US (I get sick from it). I had gone most of the last two-three years with either meat I raised or meat I knew who and how it had been raised. NOw, no bread, grains, makes it even harder.

Here I am this week, we traveled from RI to OH then to MO and I could not find grass fed beef (It's too lean and tough to handle one abbatoir said), don't even think about pasture raised chicken, Tyson is king here. I resorted yesterday to eating one of those roasted at the store chickens just so I could eat. And what do you tell people in restaurants? They just don't get it.

It's depressing. I want to make this easier as a transition for my family and yet all I get is "Are you sure you don't want pasta, (canned) beans, noodles, bread, something with that?" "Nope, just a salad and a steak will do."

I do care where the meat comes from, how it's been raised, how it's been finished. I do care what we eat.

Any suggestions for traveling? I had cooked some chicken and hamburgers for the trip, but well, they're getting rangy, if you know what I mean. I can buy stuff, but here in the midwest, it's hard to find.

Very hard to find.
    Last edited by sires6; 09-04-2011 at 06:18 AM.
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Where in Missouri are you? If you're in St. Louis, there are farmers markets that sell grassfed, or did two years ago when I was living there.

Farmers Markets in the St. Louis Area

The Clayton Farmers market and I suspect the one at Schlafly will have grassfed/free-range eats. I do not remember Soulard having any, but that may have changed since I left.

US Wellness Meats is located there, so maybe call them up?

Lara Bars are my emergency backup food when I'm heading into parts unknown. I am admittedly NOT as fastidious about my meat sources when I'm traveling; I look for steak or pork unadulterated and consider it "good enough" for a trip. If I had to stock up a family, I'd probably invest in a cooler and make sure wherever I was going to had a kitchen.

Is seafood a valid option for you? What about lamb?

For shopping, either the local hippymart or farmers markets may be your best, most reliable bet. Good luck.