Page 154 of 901 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254654 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 9007

Thread: Funny CW moments page 154

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    I was at my doctors yesterday, getting my injured knee looked at (caught up on the way down coming off my horse). She says to me that her doctors group now belongs to a larger group with good access to trainers and nutritionists, and would I be interested in seeing one. I said to her look, been down that road, thats how I got this fat - being told to cut the fat, eat grains and whole wheat pasta, low fat low fat low fat. I told her that I feel better than I have in years now that I've cut out grains and sugar, and have replaced them with fat, and about some of the negative experiences I've had with "certified dieticians". She says oh, so you need one thats open minded. Yes, yes I do. Then I would go and see one.

The down side is even though my weigh system at home is showing weight loss, I still can't weigh on the Dr's scale. I was really, really hoping by now I could. I wish she'd get a scale that goes to a higher weight, ffs I'm 6'1" and not going to be below their top scale weight for a while, so I'm super discouraged and feeling like I'm fatter than ever.

Gotta love a trip to the doctors.

I can't be too angry with her, she's an awesome doctor, but that one trip has me feeling worse about myself than I have in a long time.
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

rayout is offline Senior Member
    Ran into a doctor doing her residency this evening. Tried explaining low carb response I got:

Her: "Your brain needs glucose, you need to eat carbs."
    Me: Uhhh...gluconeogensis?
    Her: No such thing! Plus you can end up in ketoacidosis
    Me: That only happens in diabetics due to lack of insulin.
    Her: I don't believe you.

O_o

Rhyno is offline Member
    Lol

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Re testing for a diagnosis - my doc would like me to be tested for lactose intolerance. How to do that? Well, instead of carefully avoiding dairy so as to avoid crippling stomach pains, diarrhoea and joint pains, I should drink a glass of milk under careful lab observation and then be tested to see if I react. Huh?? This is so my doc can be sure I'm right because "lots of people avoid dairy unnecessarily, and it's essential for bone health in older women". I say that the doc can think what he likes, I don't care! What really makes me crazy is that a friend actually fell for this line - she's been casein allergic all her life, and she consented to be 'tested' late in life. She had to call for her daughter to drive her home, and spent the trip curled up in the footwell of the car because she was in so much pain.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MadelynMc View Post
    Another one at the office today while I was getting water in the break room.....
    i sympathize. I get mistaken for being a vegetarian frequently. It drives me nuts! Vegan mayo. Jeezus. Personally, I think that's crazy to not even eat eggs.

katiedid is offline Junior Member
    me too! on monday, a coworker told me that i would like the place we're going to lunch because "it's vegan".
    i said, "i don't see why i would like it, i'm a carnivore"

on tuesday, the same coworker told me that i would like the place we're going to lunch because "i can get a salad".
    i said, "i only get salad becuase you people wont take me to outback to get an effing steak!"

i brought my lunch on wednesday. and every day after that.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine View Post
    i sympathize. I get mistaken for being a vegetarian frequently. It drives me nuts! Vegan mayo. Jeezus. Personally, I think that's crazy to not even eat eggs.
    And those vegan lunchmeats are fricking awful. The only thing worse is vegan hot dogs, followed closely by vegan bacon. Just thinking about them makes me want to puke.

Here's the awesome list of ingredients on the bologna!

Water, isolated soy protein, vital wheat gluten, expeller pressed canola oil, evaporated cane juice, natural flavors (contains yeast extract), sea salt, autolyzed yeast, onion and garlic powder, vitamins & minerals (dipotassium phosphate, dimagnesium phosphate, zinc oxide, ferric orthophosphate, calcium panthothenate, thiamin hydrochloride, cyanocobalamin, iron oxide), carrageenan, wheat starch, beet powder (for color), citric acid, spice.

All I can think is -- wow. I used to eat that. o____o

bwhit is offline Senior Member
    I didn't know there was a "vital" wheat gluten. I better get some of that!

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I was just channel surfing and Holy Crap! Dr Oz has a guy on his show plugging his detox diet. Lame enough, but now the guy is saying you should conserve energy by NOT HAVING SO MUCH SEX!

Frankly, that's not going to make me a happy Grokkette. I'm going to be QUITE cranky and I do believe that will seriously raise my cortisol levels.

Now his guest is saying you should rub ghee inside your nostrils every night. Um... thanks, but I'd much rather eat it.

Freaks and weirdos, people. Freaks and weirdos.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Now his guest is saying you should rub ghee inside your nostrils every night.
    wat