Page 15 of 873 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115515 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 15

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

Another one from today, in the grocery store.

Husband picked up his favorite vanilla yogurt and I went to switch it for the Stonybrook kind... preferably full-fat. But there was only fat free and low fat.

Me to the guy stocking the huge wall of yogurt: Do you have any yogurt that is full-fat?

Him: Fat free?

Me: No, all the fat. Full fat.

Him: Oh, FULL fat. *glances at some yogurt* fat free, low fat, fat free... fat free... no full fat! *scours another section* NO full fat! *incredulous, still looking" There is NO FULL FAT YOGURT.

Me: Oh, well thanks for helping me look. Isn't that so crazy though?

Him: Yes! Very crazy! NO FULL FAT!

(English is for sure not his first language btw... I thought he was awesome. haha)

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

^ Omg yes, no full-fat yogurt anywhere anymore!!! Grr...

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

maba is offline Senior Member

FNW, I had the exact same experience in a grocery store last month. I have recounted it here too. The sales associate told me that no one had ever asked him for full-fat yoghurt before!!! How weird is that!

oh sorry! I didn&#39;t mean to copy yours or anything. haha. I&#39;m sure I read it when you posted but... dang. It&#39;s so ridiculous that no one will carry full fat. I guess it&#39;s like... yogurt is "health food" for granola nut low fat vegetarians .

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

We are blessed here in San Francisco. We have two brands of full-fat yogurt: Pavel&#39;s Greek style, and Strauss Creamery.

I suffer from an embarrasment of riches...but maybe you could ask your grocer about those two brands?

maba is offline Senior Member

oh no no, i was merely saying how i too had the same experience, that&#39;s all. Isn&#39;t it crazy that they stock up on all the processed stuff but I had to go to 3 different stores before I found full-fat yoghurt. I have the same experience with the Fage greek yoghurt too. They carry the big tubs in 2% and non-fat, but the full-fat is available only in the small sizes which ends up being expensive when I buy a couple of them at a time.

I hope your Dr. gives you some sensible dietary advice. I was talking to a co-worker today who&#39;s pregnant and she told me she drinks soy milk w/ cereal for the omega-3&#39;s and that she drinks skim milk as that&#39;s what her Dr. recommended. Even CW-spouting people recommend lots of fats for pregnant people and young children, couldn&#39;t believe her doc asked her to drink skim milk!!! I told her about the phyto-estrogens in Soy, she said she&#39;ll ask her doctor about it before stopping it. Maybe I should have emailed her that article on soy from WAPF.

Teri thanks for the brand names.

Maba, I honestly doubt the doc will be sensible. I mean, the magazine thingy they gave me today said to eat whole grains, fruits and vegs, lean protein, and low-fat dairy. The Department of Defense book (it&#39;s a military hospital) mostly said to eat "healthy foods" but at one point it actually wrote out the standard food pyramid as the official recommendation for pregnant women, beginning with 6-11 servings of grains and topped off with very little fat/oils.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Add Alta Deena yogurt to that list, from SoCal.

I first had it about 1979 and couldn&#39;t believe how good it was. I really knew nothing then about foods but figured it must have to do with the cream.

Yes, of course.

mrd232 is offline Junior Member

Seven Star Farms Organic yogurt from Phoenixville, PA (near Philly). Awesome stuff that&#39;s full fat.

Also, Hawthorne Farms (from somewhere in NY state) full fat yogurt.

And the usual suspect, Fage Total.

Annika is offline Senior Member

Butterworks Farm here in VT - full fat AND grass-fed! But only available in a full quart, and there&#39;s no way I can eat that much without most of it going bad. They sell a pint container, but only in maple - yummy, but sugary.

My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore