Page 149 of 881 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249649 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 8801

Thread: Funny CW moments page 149

opalinesque is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm more of a lurker than anything else around these parts, but when I ran across this I had to share.

"A balanced diet should contain carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins, mineral salts and fiber. Have whole wheat bread for carbohydrates, fish recipes or eggs for proteins, rice or potato for fats and cereals for fiber."

Rice or potato for fats? Really? Potato I can kind of see, but that might be because I put so much butter on mine :9 The omission of red meat is pretty sad (and SAD) too-- especially since this was from a webpage listing foods high in iron...

Shawn Mihalik is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by opalinesque View Post
    I'm more of a lurker than anything else around these parts, but when I ran across this I had to share.

"A balanced diet should contain carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins, mineral salts and fiber. Have whole wheat bread for carbohydrates, fish recipes or eggs for proteins, rice or potato for fats and cereals for fiber."

Rice or potato for fats? Really? Potato I can kind of see, but that might be because I put so much butter on mine :9 The omission of red meat is pretty sad (and SAD) too-- especially since this was from a webpage listing foods high in iron...
    No mention of veggies there either.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by opalinesque View Post

As a Maritimer I support the fish comment, but as a human I find the lack of bacon disturbing.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    the powers that be are trying to thin the herd
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

OrionFyre is offline Junior Member
    I've been dropping weight like crazy and it's starting to show. Plus on top of that I work seven days and get seven days off. So my customers don't see me sometimes for almost two weeks at a time.

One of my regulars who comes in every Saturday morning came to my register and the first two things she said was that I looked "fantastic" and asked "how much weight have you lost?"

She then proceded to ask how I was losing weight. So I gave her the cliffnotes version. "Essentially if it wasn't around 10,000 years ago, you don't eat it."
    her: "So like what bark and grass?"
    me: "...No, grassfed beef, fatty meats, lots of butter, fresh veggies, cut out all sweetened drinks and foods, and i'm keeping my carb intake under 100 grams a day. Oh and absolutely no wheat and grains. it's a return to the logic that fat is the body's primary fuel source."
    her: *aghast* "EATING FAT WILL MAKE YOU FAT!"
    me: "....but you just said i look fantastic for all the weight i lost."
    her: "Oh I feel so bad for you, you're ruining your health and don't even know it."
    me: *continues ringing up the 36 candy bars, 7 bags of chips, 14 bottles of mountain dew, and 3 loaves of wheat bread* *facepalm in my head*

BTW that's what she buys every week. ... and to put it as nicely as I can, she is not generally what you would call the picture of health. But those mumus do flatter her figure I suppose.
    Last edited by OrionFyre; 08-20-2011 at 07:30 PM.

Savannah is offline Member
    @OrionFrye--- Oh, so you know my roommate!

Today:
    Her: "My BF & I are trying to eat healthier, so we bought turkey bacon and margarine but I hate the way it tastes! "
    Me: "Actually, real bacon and butter aren't bad for you, you should try to cut down on carbs instead of fat."
    Her: "Well, I already basically know how to eat healthy," she said as she poured faux-maple-syrup Ms. Butterworth crap all over her egg-whites, margarine-slathered toast and part-skim string cheese.

She's 5'4", well over 250lbs, taking advice from her mother who's also 100+ pounds overweight. I suggested she read The Primal Blueprint and Good Calories, Bad Calories, only to get the same old "But I love bread and pasta too much!"

Hmm, unlimited pasta and being morbidly obese/plagued by health problems, or cutting back on carbs and getting healthy? Well that choice is obvious-- pass the macaroni! *facepalm*
    Last edited by Savannah; 08-21-2011 at 12:27 PM. Reason: spelling :)

LisaLS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OperaDivaMom View Post
    No, they don't. I worked in a low income school for a year, and had lunch duty every day (ugh), so I got to see firsthand which kids ate what. The majority of them just ate chips or cheetos or whatever, some of them ate the crappy provided lunch that was basically all carbs. Nearly every kid on that campus except the hardcore athletes or the genetically blessed few had some belly pudge, some of them more than a little. Most of them were far taller/bigger than they should have been (growth hormones in the meat/milk?), and most of them had behavioral issues or ADD type stuff going on. You can't tell me their diet didn't contribute to that at all.
    Ah that reminds me. I was chatting with my 7yo niece the other week asking her if she was excited to start school again.
    We got on to the topic of their lunches and breakfast. She started going on about loving the breakfasts at the school, so I ask what the breakfasts are. Her answer?
    PIZZA!!!
    O_O
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2
    SW: 1/20/14- 212.4
    CW: 2/21/14- 202.6 (9.8 loss)
    Goal: Short term, get below 200 and get pregnant. Long term, get to 120-130
    Mini goal, get in to a size 12.

My boring uneventful journal for your viewing pleasure

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
    @OrionFrye--- Oh, so you know my roommate!

Today:
    Her: "My BF & I are trying to eat healthier, so we bought turkey bacon and margarine but I hate the way it tastes! "
    Me: "Actually, real bacon and butter aren't bad for you, you should try to cut down on carbs instead of fat."
    Her: "Well, I already basically know how to eat healthy," she said as she poured faux-maple-syrup Ms. Butterworth crap all over her egg-whites, margarine-slathered toast and part-skim string cheese.

She's 5'4", well over 250lbs, taking advice from her mother who's also 100+ pounds overweight. I suggested she read The Primal Blueprint and Good Calories, Bad Calories, only to get the same old "But I love bread and pasta too much!"

Hmm, unlimited pasta and being morbidly obese/plagued by health problems, or cutting back on carbs and getting healthy? Well that choice is obvious-- pass the macaroni! *facepalm*
    I was at dinner the other night with a group of about 15 people, a few of which know me fairly well. Eventually, the topic of how I eat came up, especially when someone said I'd lost alot of weight. When I said I quit eating grains and refined sugars, it was the same reaction - Oh I couldn't give up THOSE!! I said I make up for it by eating bacon and butter, and people were horrified. I did say that if you ate the way I did, AND ate grains and refined sugars, you'd kill yourself...

The best part? The diabetic says "Oh yeah, she can eat all the stuff I'm not supposed to, and doesn't eat all the things I have to eat, like grains and rice and pasta".

*facepalm*

Yes, I pointed out that I do regularly do blood sugar tests to keep another diabetic friend company in her journey, and both of us eat very Primally and have maintained nice, steady, low blood sugar now for months.
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

jess3315 is offline Member
    This thread is awesome!

So I just switched to a new office, and lets just say I look pretty thin... and I'm still have like 60lbs to lose .... And they are having an ice cream social which I went to as a friendly gesture. When they all asked if I was gonna eat ice cream, I just told them I didn't really care for it. I find its easier to say "I don't like ____" than to be like, "I'm not eating garbage". Another woman is like, "oh I don't really like it either, but the chocolate and toppings make it better..." And yes, I watched her eat a huge bowl of sugar on top of sugar topped with more sugar... I felt sick just looking at it. I did happen to run across a platter of fresh fruit though, so I helped myself to that while all of them were eating bowls of that processed stuff.

MadelynMc is offline Senior Member
    This thread is awesome.

So the husband and I went to east Tennessee this weekend for a mini-vacation (Smoky Mts.). I swear to god there was a pancake 'house', 'pantry', 'shop', 'cabin' on every. single. corner. It would be an understatement to say our breakfast options were limited. Anyway, I figured I could at least get an omelet......These people could not understand why in the world I didn't want orange juice, muffins, biscuits, pancakes AND corn grits with my eggs (I'm not kidding - literally came with ALL of that). So I said skip all that stuff. I'll have eggs, bacon and a fruit cup. They ditched the pancakes for me and charged an extra $2.50 for the fruit. Seriously?? I forgo a couple of pounds of refined flour and they charged me for the fruit. Fantastic. And the eggs were lame.

Also, I saw this on the menu:

"Healthier Low Cholesterol Breakfast" which consisted of whole wheat pancakes (pretty sure a pancake is a pancake is a pancake, right?), margarine instead of butter, and low-fat sausage. Thanks, guys.