Page 147 of 888 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247647 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 8879

Thread: Funny CW moments page 147

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I had a coworker who hated drinking water (or anything) and ended up with kidney failure repeatedly as a result, so she basically had to force herself to measure how much water she drank every day to make sure she got enough.

BUT, Tawny, I seriously doubt your coworker is in a situation like that. I am sure she's just buying into the urban legend of getting eight 8-oz glasses of water daily. I can't imagine being that obsessive either!
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

DanaSTL is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post
    Well I was a raver back in the day, but that's another story!

Now I'm a knitter and crocheter. There's a great knitting site called Ravelry which is where I found out about MDA (on one of the off topic forums that doesn't talk about knitting at all!)
    /offtopic

YAY for Ravelry! Another knitter here. Must go find the Paleo discussion there.

/offtopic off

Thrak is offline Junior Member
    I have been wondering, as we are primals do we only drink pre-Columbian coffee? Nyuk nyuk.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrak View Post
    I have been wondering, as we are primals do we only drink pre-Columbian coffee? Nyuk nyuk.
    HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Currently I am drinking Kenyan so no, but that sir was very amusing.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    It must be going around. Was there a news story or something this week? During lunch the other day, a friend told me I ate too much meat and would get cancer. I told her that was why I could squat more weight than she could. Interestingly, she didn't have anything to say to that. :P
    The one that was getting tossed in my direction was the Red Meat = Type 2 Diabetes!!! article. I read the study, saw that "read meat" meant pizza, sandwiches, and hot dogs, and told them what I thought.

And then Mark posted his response, and I sent them to that, too.

Silky is offline Senior Member
    This isn't funny and I haven't read the book so don't know for sure what the contents are like, but i'd bet a lot of money it's promoting CW.

Diet book for girls to be published in October
    My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.

scotchncoffee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post
    This isn't funny and I haven't read the book so don't know for sure what the contents are like, but i'd bet a lot of money it's promoting CW.

Diet book for girls to be published in October
    Wow. The best (worst) part about this book is the author: he has no neck, and not in the linebacker way.

mixie is offline Senior Member
    Sorry for the bunny tangent, but just wanted to pitch in my thoughts on the safe plants lists floating around. I have no idea who compiles those, but in what world is lettuce unsafe for bunnies? And clover?! Oxalis??? Also, my rabbit will practically gnaw through the fence to get at our plum trees. I keep a small pile of leaves and twiggy branches in his outdoor pen for him to play in. He strips the leaves off and bruxes on the wood. Maybe these things are toxic, I don't know, but he's been eating piles of the stuff for years, including all the snail-nibbled lettuce leaves and a lettuce core almost every day. I have a couple kinds of oxalis (my favorite is pink wood sorrel) in a few shady spots in the yard and loooooove it in a salad mix. It gets a bad rap for oxalic acid (like spinach) but I haven't been able to find any citation for the idea that it's unsafe, except in massive amounts.

I hear ya on the pet food bill... happily if you have the storage space and a nearby horse-friendly feed store, a bale of sweet orchard or timothy hay is a tiny fraction of the price of pet bunny food and it takes us most of a year to go through a bale.
    “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
    - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

Nion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mixie View Post
    Sorry for the bunny tangent, but just wanted to pitch in my thoughts on the safe plants lists floating around. I have no idea who compiles those, but in what world is lettuce unsafe for bunnies? And clover?! Oxalis??? Also, my rabbit will practically gnaw through the fence to get at our plum trees. I keep a small pile of leaves and twiggy branches in his outdoor pen for him to play in. He strips the leaves off and bruxes on the wood. Maybe these things are toxic, I don't know, but he's been eating piles of the stuff for years, including all the snail-nibbled lettuce leaves and a lettuce core almost every day. I have a couple kinds of oxalis (my favorite is pink wood sorrel) in a few shady spots in the yard and loooooove it in a salad mix. It gets a bad rap for oxalic acid (like spinach) but I haven't been able to find any citation for the idea that it's unsafe, except in massive amounts.

I hear ya on the pet food bill... happily if you have the storage space and a nearby horse-friendly feed store, a bale of sweet orchard or timothy hay is a tiny fraction of the price of pet bunny food and it takes us most of a year to go through a bale.
    Lettuce/cabbage etc isn't poison, it gives them diarrhea and gassy tummy.
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think this is perhaps more appropriate for a "saddest CW moments" thread... during the summer when the place we usually practice is closed, my dance school rents space after hours from a daycare that has a huge unfurnished room ideal for dancing. Anyway, I was in their kitchen getting water and on the fridge was a list of kids and their allergies or dietary restrictions for the minders to have a quick reference. Among the usual nut and shellfish allergies or religious restrictions on certain meats, there were 3 kids noted as being "vegetarian." Seriously? Vegetarian pre-schoolers? I know their parents mean well, but I can't help but feel horrible for these poor kids and how their and their own children's health will be compromised in the long-run.