Page 144 of 838 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194244644 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 8380

Thread: Funny CW moments page 144

Silky is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Holy crap!

Melatonin. Poor kid. I agree Mel or Tony is a lot better idea.
    My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I was at Jason's Deli getting my soup and salad on. Then I hear this yelled across the restaurant:
    "MELATONIN, GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE RIGHT NOW!"
    Praying she was just crazy, I looked in the general direction of the scream and see a rather red faced 5 year old heading towards the woman that yelled it. That's right, she named her poor pasty white son after a chemical in the human body responsible for skin coloration (among other things). I just pray he's smart enough to go by Mel or Tony later in life.
    Relinds me o f the woman i my local Medicade office who called to her children LeMonjello and OrAngejello

wtf
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Heidi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    Relinds me o f the woman i my local Medicade office who called to her children LeMonjello and OrAngejello

wtf
    Damn, that's the sort of thing you give creative props for, but to actually chain your kids to those names? There are some things better forgotten.
    I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

ELizabeth826 is offline Senior Member
    I was at Jason's Deli getting my soup and salad on. Then I hear this yelled across the restaurant:
    Praying she was just crazy, I looked in the general direction of the scream and see a rather red faced 5 year old heading towards the woman that yelled it. That's right, she named her poor pasty white son after a chemical in the human body responsible for skin coloration (among other things). I just pray he's smart enough to go by Mel or Tony later in life.
    What? Wait, WHAT?
    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
    -Maimonodies

Heidi is offline Senior Member
    Got back from my MIL's today. She wanted to babysit the youngest. She tells me about their time together, including what she fed him. I brought fruit for his snack, but she said he "wasn't hungry for it, so I gave him a couple of cookies instead." Duh, if he wasn't hungry enough to eat the fruit, then why offer the cookies?
    I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

jandge is offline Senior Member
    Ohgod, Heidi. I'm glad me and my SO are moving to a state where neither of us have family to deal with that shit. Hope that works itself out soon!

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
    Congenital Hypothyroid
    CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    You're thinking about melanin. Melatonin is a hormone involved in the sleep process.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    My (diabetic) dad's doctor told him to restrict his carbs, otherwise he'd have to go on insulin. Turns out his "restricted" carb budget is 300 grams/day.

I'm not sure which reaction to have: "Well at least there's some carb restriction" or "That's almost 3/4 pound of sugar! 1200 calories! Seriously?"
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

gojirama is offline Senior Member
    I know there are a few Ravelers here...check out the grocery shopping thread in Remrants. There are a few lists that look mostly like mine but most made me roll my eyes.
    I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
    Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
    "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

Paleofan is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Chocotaco, I think the reason you see "carb phobia" is because there are a LOT of us who can't tolerate the moderate amount you can without weight gain and many other symptoms. Whether we have metabolic problems, dysbiotic guts, or something else wrong, it's not at all uncommon.

I think that for the most part, you could probably assume that most people who appear "carb phobic" are in this camp. It is a real issue, and the more the two camps understand each other, the more we can help more people find what healthy is for them. It's equally important for me to understand that moderate amounts of primal carbs are beneficial to you, as for you to understand that those same carbs are harmful to me, at this stage of my life - a stage I certainly hope will not last forever.
    +1