Page 142 of 888 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242642 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 8879

Thread: Funny CW moments page 142

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Seriously. Avoid the backs of all SORTS of stores if you can.

Restaraunts... You never know when the oil recycling truck will stop by the restaraunt to pick up their grill slop... with say, a rigor mortis'd Irish Setter sticking out of the back of their truck from their last stop at the vet's office.

Why no, surely I don't speak from experience.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post
    It implies there is no problem with eating as many carbs as you like. I think the site adds to the confusion out there rather than helps.
    It doesn't say that anywhere. That would be an incredibly irrational assumption. No one on the face of Earth would recommend anyone eating as much of anything as you'd like. Even The Sisson wouldn't agree to that. "Eat until you're no longer hungry" is his mantra because you'll get fat off of PB just like anything else. That is an outlandish, self-serving conclusion drawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post
    And I put on weight throughout CW and meds eating tones of fresh fruit and veg and avoiding much of the Frankenstein stuff you describe. So my n=1 is very different to yours.
    Then I'm willing to bet you had a damaged metabolism to begin with. I doubt you avoided processed foods your entire life. Even baby formulas are metabolically damaging. If you're gaining weight off 2 pieces of fruit a day, you have some metabolic issues that need tending to.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

sarah1990 is offline Senior Member

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    that is the most astoundingly perfect form i've ever seen and i kept waiting to see something pop out of place on his back
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

There are so many videos of him and the comments are hilarious. How he isn't paralysed is beyond me.

JT_London is offline Member
    argh! Was waiting for something to go *ping!*

He may love flexing in front of his neighbours but those mirrors in the gym are there for a reason!
    Starting weight: 104.5 kg / 230 lbs (29th July 2011)
    100.5kg / 221 lbs (5th August 2011)
    Currently: 99.2kg / 218.6 lbs (23rd September 2011)

Twitter: @jon404

Just seen someone giving out awful paleo/pb advice on another forum. Suggested someone have edemame beans or humus as a snack. Does no legumes mean nothing?!

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Hummus is at least tolerable as long as the garbanzo beans (or whatever is the base of the hummus) are properly prepared. But edamame?
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Ugh. Reminds me of the time I passed a Thai place and they had discarded a plastic 55 gallon drum labeled "BROWN SAUCE."

"Brown" huh? That's all you can say about it, what color it is? Guuuuhhhh...
    It's not as gross as you think. Brown sauce is actually a thing: Brown sauce - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Doesn't mean anything about the quality of that particular brown sauce, of course.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah1990 View Post
    Just seen someone giving out awful paleo/pb advice on another forum. Suggested someone have edemame beans or humus as a snack. Does no legumes mean nothing?!
    What's wrong with edamame? It seems to get the goahead around here.

Whole soybeans, or edamame (in-the-shell version), are a great plant protein source. I eat soybeans regularly and I think this is a great way to eat soy because beans are unprocessed, fresh, and whole. Soybeans do have a bit more fat than other beans, but they are a hearty protein and contain valuable phyto-nutrients. Soybeans do contain plant estrogens and phytic acid (more on that in a moment), so no, tofu is not a “miracle” health food. But it’s also not evil, unlike fat-free devil’s food cookies.

10 Things to Know about Tofu | Mark's Daily Apple

As I’ve said before, soy really needs some form of preparation before it’s safe to eat, and that in and of itself gives me pause. That said, minimally processed soy forms like fermented tempeh and miso as well as edamame seem like preferable options.

Scrutinizing Soy | Mark's Daily Apple
    Sounds fine in small quantities to me. You shouldn't be eating soy every day, but once in awhile the unprocessed stuff and fermented stuff isn't going to cause any health concerns.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.