Page 141 of 895 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241641 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 8948

Thread: Funny CW moments page 141

hottierockstar is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ELizabeth826 View Post
    Cinnamon Toast Crunch is actually COATED with sugar. So I don't know how people could NOT know how much sugar is in that one....
    so...my mom comes home from work at like 1030ishPM and says to my dog "i'm gonna have some oatmeal" and i went "good god...why would you have carbohydrates right before bed?" (she is weight watcher brainwashed even tho she doesn't follow WW anymore) and she says "oh...hmmm....never thought about it, oatmeal is a carbohydrate?"

*eye roll*

chumbert is offline Member
    15 Scariest Food Additives
    Scary Ingredient #8:
    Azodicarbonamide (A synthetic yellow-orange dough conditioner)

Where you'll find it: Dunkin’ Donuts bagels, McDonald’s burger buns

We are all going to die from these scary science experiments....

chumbert is offline Member
    Not funny... just very encouraging. In the past 3 days I have both
    read an article in Readers Digest and listened to a story on NPR all dealing with the effects of sugar and carbs and the connection to cardiac disease and obesity. The word is getting out there - HOORAY!

bwhit is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spakesneaker View Post

So then she said, "You only need 15g of protein a day, and I get enough from cheese and leafy greens... that's what experts say!"
    To steal a line from Greg Everett on Robb Wolf's latest podcast, I could lick 15 grams of protein off my face right now.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hottierockstar View Post
    so...my mom comes home from work at like 1030ishPM and says to my dog "i'm gonna have some oatmeal" and i went "good god...why would you have carbohydrates right before bed?" (she is weight watcher brainwashed even tho she doesn't follow WW anymore) and she says "oh...hmmm....never thought about it, oatmeal is a carbohydrate?"

*eye roll*
    Mmm...FYI carbohydrates should be consumed before bed.

Is Late Night Eating Better for Fat Loss and Health? | Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health

The closer to bed your carbs are, the less likely they are to be stored as fat. There's a reason why animals pass out after their large meals, yet we're the only fat animals. I recommend skipping breakfast, eating a meal of protein and fiber for lunch, then stuff your carbs at dinner if you eat carbs, especially after your workout.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Silky is offline Senior Member
    This: www. potatoes .com/Nutrition.cfm
    Washington State Potato Commission.
    (Not done as live link so they don't benefit from it! (just remove spaces))

Quote: "Carbohydrates DO NOT cause weight gain and obesity
    Carbohydrates DO NOT automatically cause blood sugar "spikes" and insulin "surges"
    Carbohydrates DO NOT cause diabetes, heart disease or cancer."
    Last edited by Silky; 08-08-2011 at 01:12 PM.
    My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post
    This: www. potatoes .com/Nutrition.cfm
    Washington State Potato Commission.
    (Not done as live link so they don't benefit from it! (just remove spaces))

Quote: "Carbohydrates DO NOT cause weight gain and obesity
    Carbohydrates DO NOT automatically cause blood sugar "spikes" and insulin "surges"
    Carbohydrates DO NOT cause diabetes, heart disease or cancer."
    This is true, though. Carbohydrates don't cause weight gain and obesity. Insulin resistance brought on by frequent eating and excessive refined carbohydrate and omega 6 consumption causes obesity. You'll find it very difficult to get fat off of potatoes because they're higher on the satiety index than meat. It's actually difficult to eat enough potato to get fat. I eat two pounds of them after a workout and it's only about 125g of carbs, which falls inside Mark's recommended daily allotment of 100-150g of carbs for people not looking to lose weight. Last Sunday, I ate 4 white potatoes, 2 sweet potatoes, an apple and two mangoes all in one day and I didn't hit my goal of 250g of carbs. That's a lot to pack in two meals, especially with the pound and a half of meat I ate along with it in total. And I still barely hit 2,000 calories for the day.

Carbohydrates don't necessarily cause blood sugar spikes and insulin surges. Avocados, lettuce and black beans are all carbohydrates, but they'll generate less insulin than steak in a 100g serving. Hell, liver has a higher glycemic load than some of them. A 100g serving of beef liver has a glycemic index of '4', while a 100g serving of avocado, lettuce and black beans have glycemic loads of '2', '1' and '8' respectively. Beef is highly insulinogenic, and whey and casein proteins will spike your insulin more than bread. Insulin spikes aren't necessarily evil, anyway. Carbs are mostly about timing.

Same thing with the diseases. Carbohydrates don't cause diabetes, heart disease or cancer. Grain toxins, processed vegetable oils, refined carbohydrates, refined sugars, soy-packed boxed frankenfoods...these things cause diabetes, heart disease and cancer...and they all have one thing in common - they aren't found anywhere in nature. A potato, white/wild rice and bananas never hurt anyone. These things are natural and shouldn't be avoided unless you have lots of weight to lose...and let's face it, if we weren't indulging in all the fake processed crap and only eating carbs in the forms of potatoes, white/wild rice and bananas, we wouldn't be overweight to begin with. It's not the starch in grains that make them evil, it's the gluten/lectins/enzymes/phytate. Anything is toxic in too high of a quantity, even water.

Sorry, I don't mean to rant. I just get upset when I see the carbohydrate hatred and fear around here. Remember the 20 years we were all terrified of fat? Now, the new demon is carbohydrate. Didn't we learn the first time not to demonize an entire macronutrient? Carbs have their place and are a huge boost to performance and fat loss if you know how to time them. If it weren't for starch, I'd be carrying an extra 10 pounds of body fat that I couldn't lose sticking to the Primal Blueprint's 50-100g of carbs a day for fat loss approach. Only when I started cycling them - 50g on off days and 250g on workout days while keeping fats super low on workout days (<50g) - did the fat start to melt off.
    Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 08-10-2011 at 03:30 PM.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Silky is offline Senior Member
    As someone who gained weight eating a diet high in fresh vegetable and fruit carbs and not refined sugar, processed veg oil, or Frankensteinfoods etc I hear what you are saying, but still think that website is not giving the whole story about carbs. The majority of the audience is not going to have the knowledge you have, or be an athlete that needs as many carb grams as you do. It implies there is no problem with eating as many carbs as you like. I think the site adds to the confusion out there rather than helps.

And I put on weight throughout CW and meds eating tones of fresh fruit and veg and avoiding much of the Frankenstein stuff you describe. So my n=1 is very different to yours.
    My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Mihalik View Post
    tortillas ... "Now made with 100 percent vegetable oil instead of lard for a less fatty tortilla."
    Yuckiness of veg oil totally aside, how do they figure that using oil vs. lard magically makes it "less fatty"? They're both fats... 1 gram of fat is 1 gram of fat, eh? If they're using fewer grams than before, that's "less fatty."

Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    behind a restaurant. They had tossed out a bunch of boxes of soybean oil that weighed 35 pounds each.
    Ugh. Reminds me of the time I passed a Thai place and they had discarded a plastic 55 gallon drum labeled "BROWN SAUCE."

"Brown" huh? That's all you can say about it, what color it is? Guuuuhhhh...
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

ELizabeth826 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Y
    Ugh. Reminds me of the time I passed a Thai place and they had discarded a plastic 55 gallon drum labeled "BROWN SAUCE."

"Brown" huh? That's all you can say about it, what color it is? Guuuuhhhh...

Note to self, only walk behind restaurants if I never want to eat there again.
    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
    -Maimonodies