Page 140 of 869 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240640 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 8686

Thread: Funny CW moments page 140

hazmat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    I have a friend who was recently diagnosed with cancer - her doctor told her that she should eat only organic vegetables and pastured beef. He said it's an experimental treatment protocol, but at least he did suggest it...

My most recent CW moment occurred yesterday morning at breakfast with one of my teenage daughter's new friends - as my daughter was asking her what she wanted for breakfast and explaining why we didn't have cereal, her friend said, "when my parents went healthy, we could only have Honey Nut Cheerios and Cinnamon Toast Crunch." I can maybe sorta understand the Cheerios, but Cinnamon Toast Crunch? Is it because the label says it's full of healthy whole grains?
    Wait a doctor recommended a paleo type diet for a cancer patient? Pastured beef and organic vegetables? This is so encouraging to hear that doctors are starting to think for themselves. Are they doing chemo/radiation in addition to the experimental treatment protocol?

I wonder if the ACS is on board with this scary experiement.

Shawn Mihalik is offline Member
    My grandmother lives in San Diego, and she'll occasionally send me a few packs of my favorite local brand of homemade flower tortillas. They're amazing tortillas, so I indulge in them occasionally, usually filled with some grass-fed barbacoa beef or something similarly primal, and just call it part of my twenty percent. I think I'm going to stop eating them, though, because the most recent batch I received had displayed proudly on the lable: "Now made with 100 percent vegetable oil instead of lard for a less fatty tortilla."

I think I wept a little. And of course, they don't taste nearly as good now, either.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Mihalik View Post
    "Now made with 100 percent vegetable oil instead of lard for a less fatty tortilla."
    WTF a tortilla made without lard? holy crap that is criminal.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

milly3 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hazmat View Post
    but little billy is sad and sugar will make him feel better. The bottom line is diet should be a big part of any cancer protocol. The fact that it's not is just another blatana example of the drug trust and how the ACS, FDA are ran by the drug companies, for the drug companies.
    I don't know...I think it's just a case of a whole lot of people NOT thinking things through. Hospital menus are designed by administrators and nutritionists, and administered by nurses and aides...and meanwhile the doctors are doing their thing with tests and treatments. Everyone has good intentions but there's just a disconnect. I really doubt that pharmaceutical companies are sitting in their offices saying "hee hee, more ice cream for you means more cancer patients for us!"

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I was camping this weekend with a bunch of SCA people who I haven't seen in a while. Many of them kept commenting on how great I look these days. Yet when I talked about food and said that I happily eat all the butter and fat I like, they said "Oh, but look at you, you can get away with it." Um, disconnect much? Trying to explain that I look good *because* I eat all that fat was largely a hopeless effort. All I got was clueless blank stares or utter disbelief from most (although I did discover that one friend is also doing paleo these days, and he looks great for it--we happily swapped recipes).

Amusingly, I also had people guessing my weight at significantly less than it is and my age at about a decade younger than I am. Thanks, Primal and CrossFit!

Other facepalm moment: dude walks by with a leather carrying thing with a 2-litre pop bottle in it. I comment on the tooling (which was very nice), and he proudly tells me that his friend made it for him to help with his "2-litre problem". Um, dude, your 2-litre problem is not your trouble carrying it around, it's the fact that you consume multiple 2-litre bottles of Pepsi daily.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

kaylakala is offline Member
    Young girl in my college class 18 or so comes in every class with a full sugar soda and a box of cookies or donuts. She comes into the last class and is really sick. She says it is due to stress. OMG I sooo wanted to tell her it was her eating habits!!
    I"m 38 taking 2 college courses over the summer 1 condensed. I have 2 young kids at home and my house is in forclosure and my husband is out of work. I've got more stress than that those are just the big ones!! I'm not sick in fact I feel better than I have in years!!
    Had no idea I was so weak till I started walking in October. Could barely make it around the block!
    Now can walk on the beach for hours.

Nion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaylakala View Post
    Young girl in my college class 18 or so comes in every class with a full sugar soda and a box of cookies or donuts. She comes into the last class and is really sick. She says it is due to stress. OMG I sooo wanted to tell her it was her eating habits!!
    I"m 38 taking 2 college courses over the summer 1 condensed. I have 2 young kids at home and my house is in forclosure and my husband is out of work. I've got more stress than that those are just the big ones!! I'm not sick in fact I feel better than I have in years!!
    It probably is her eating habits. But just because she's 18, doesn't mean she doesn't have anything to stress about. When i was 18, i was a transient living in a boarding house.
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

hottierockstar is offline Senior Member
    ok, so these girls are 20 somethings....(20 something years younger than me and don't know it! - not that i hide it...they just think i am closer to their age than i am)

friend: she (me) eats 3 eggs every morning!
    co-worker: OMG stop that! you don't want high cholesterol!
    me: yep...and bacon too.....the only thing that needs to worry about an egg's cholesterol is the egg
    co-worker: no no....really you should stop eating those eggs! you eat the yellow part too???

moving on.....

friend: we really need to go running every night, lots of cardio is the only way to get rid of fat, we have a week before the river
    me: uh.....
    friend: oh you can't argue that with me...cardio builds muscle AND burns fat! this i know!

moving on.....

hazmat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by milly3 View Post
    I don't know...I think it's just a case of a whole lot of people NOT thinking things through. Hospital menus are designed by administrators and nutritionists, and administered by nurses and aides...and meanwhile the doctors are doing their thing with tests and treatments. Everyone has good intentions but there's just a disconnect. I really doubt that pharmaceutical companies are sitting in their offices saying "hee hee, more ice cream for you means more cancer patients for us!"
    It's not that specific. When the Rockefellers decided to get into the pharma business (petroleum is a main ingredient in pharma drugs) they decided that they would create med schools and also give huge charitiable donations to existing medical schools. The idea was to control what was taught to the doctors. Doctors are taught about pharma drugs and surgery. They are taught that nutrition has nothing to do with illness. The rockefellers spent billions of dollars influencing what was taught to doctors so that the only treatments that would be acceptable in the USA would be drugs/surgery.

So when you see cancer patients eating ice cream it's not because some evil person is making them eat ice cream. Hospitals and schools have to serve food based on what the USDA recommends. That's why the food in hospitals is so disgusting. The USDA pretty much admits that the food pie isn't based on science, but it's based on trying to keep the big corporations happy. The ADA gets most of it's funding from drug and food companies.

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    Went out with a friend yesterday and somehow diet came up and she said "red meat causes cancer. Americans have cancer more than in other countries because they eat so much red meat." I said it wasn't because of red meat, but because of all the processed crap, i.e. the difference between a burger from McD's versus organic pastured beef. (Didn't get to say that Americans don't eat as much red meat as they used to, and it doesn't make up as big of a portion of our diets, or that if you look at proportions most of what Americans eat is sugar, cheap and simple).

So then she said, "You only need 15g of protein a day, and I get enough from cheese and leafy greens... that's what experts say!" I think my eyes just about popped out of my head, and I just said that most of what mainstream nutrition 'experts' have to say is absolutely false. But then we bonded over how ridiculous it is that people think that vegetarianism automatically means healthiness (she said 'all they eat is chips,' and I found it amusing that she didn't mention pasta or bread, which are what she lives on).