Page 138 of 871 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238638 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 8705

Thread: Funny CW moments page 138

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Argh! I'm on the same non-health forum that I talked about before, and someone started a thread asking if anyone had experience with diet pills.

I asked what her reason was for wanting them (trying my very best to be non-judgmental) and got no reply. After a few other posts from people, I said I wasn't trying to proselytize, but that eating Primal or Paleo had been very good for me, and that it had made me leaner AND healthier all over.

Four people clicked on "Disagree". Disagree with WHAT! That I'm healthier? That it's not low fat and whole grains? What ticks me off is that the site is full of people that are incredibly unhealthy and they just can't see that repeating the same crap is getting them the same level of unhealthy, yet they have no problem recommending the very same thing that doesn't work for them, and dissing a REAL healthy way of eating.

Argh!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Argh! I'm on the same non-health forum that I talked about before, and someone started a thread asking if anyone had experience with diet pills.

I asked what her reason was for wanting them (trying my very best to be non-judgmental) and got no reply. After a few other posts from people, I said I wasn't trying to proselytize, but that eating Primal or Paleo had been very good for me, and that it had made me leaner AND healthier all over.

Four people clicked on "Disagree". Disagree with WHAT! That I'm healthier? That it's not low fat and whole grains? What ticks me off is that the site is full of people that are incredibly unhealthy and they just can't see that repeating the same crap is getting them the same level of unhealthy, yet they have no problem recommending the very same thing that doesn't work for them, and dissing a REAL healthy way of eating.

Argh!
    Disagree!
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    Disagree!
    Butthead!

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Butthead!
    Agree!

Kidding Q, love ya man.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Butthead!
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    Love that!

Okay, but there's more "Argh!" coming!

Now I know why people just deal with being sick. I haven't been to the regular doctor in ages because I just don't get sick. I get migraines, but I put off taking meds until it's so bad that I go to urgent care (NOT the ER) and they give me a shot, then give me a couple of month's prescription which lasts for about a year with me. Lather, rinse, repeat.

It's allergy season, and I work outdoors in the pollen and smog, so I ended up with a sinus infection (I think) and an eye that looks like I'm always crying, but only on one side. Urgent care gave me a z pack antibiotic a couple of weeks ago, which seemed to help, but apparently not. In addition, I had the ATV accident back in June, and I'm a little concerned since it was my 5th full-blown concussion, and I'd like someone to check out my spine/brain/skull and my wrist. So I decide to (wo)man-up and make a regular appointment with my assigned HMO doctor that I've never seen since I got the insurance back in 2007.

They are unable to give me an appointment because she is booked until September 5th. It's August 2nd. I have to call back Friday morning and try to beat everyone else calling back on Friday morning just so I can get an appointment more than a month away.

And you wonder why they just give you a pill, and why people just take it.

sigh

hazmat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bwhit View Post
    The drug commercials get me. There's one for Lovaza that purports to lower triglycerides. The commercial states that high triglycerides is too much fat in the blood, and although unsaid, implies that this fat will cause heart problems. But later it says that the drug has not been shown to prevent heart attacks or strokes. To me, it's telling you it doesn't work. Maybe people will be comforted because their tris are lower, but they still are just as likely to have a heart attack.
    The Lovaza commercial cracks me up. They are selling the same fish oil that's sold everywhere. What kills me is the room where the commercial is filmed, it makes you think they are in the middle of the ocean or something. The guy looks like a robot, after i see it, I want to call my doctor and get LOVAZA!

hottierockstar is offline Senior Member
    me: I've got beef jerky!
    other stylist: oh that's all processed crap with way too much salt...you'd be better off with one of those nature's valley oats and honey granola bars out of the vending machine and it would stay with you longer
    me: yeah, you're probably right

just easier that way

Quote Originally Posted by hottierockstar View Post
    me: I've got beef jerky!
    other stylist: oh that's all processed crap with way too much salt...you'd be better off with one of those nature's valley oats and honey granola bars out of the vending machine and it would stay with you longer
    me: yeah, you're probably right

just easier that way
    Well they're just being honest. It WOULD stay with you longer - right there on your belly and in your arteries and...