Page 137 of 838 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237637 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 8371

Thread: Funny CW moments page 137

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by akm3 View Post
    Is there a list of all these primal acronyms we use? It's hard to feel part of the club with all the "l33t speak" language.
    I don't understand all of them but you get the gist of things pretty quick around here.

Way to go, Heidi, for swooping in to save the day!
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

mammlouk is offline Member
    Yesterday we were at a gathering with our friends and my wife told me she heard one of our friends who is active and "fit" in the world's eyes, but not lean by any real definition, talking. She was explaining to our overweight friend that in order to do better on the challenging hikes she has been going on she needs to eat a 200 calorie carb snack every hour and that she should carb load before hand. She then proceeded to explain that her husband, who is CW normal-ish but realistically overweight, always carb loads before he goes on his long bike rides.

I told my wife that anyone who thinks you need to carb load to handle athletic challenges, let alone be competitive, needs to read about the modern gypsies and watch Expedition Impossible. Go Gypsies!!!

I haven't really taken the time to explain our new way of living to everyone yet, but as soon as I finish taking off all the weight I want to lose the freight train is coming!
    Beginning of Primal Journey:
    Date: 4/6/2011
    Weight: 247

Progress:

“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” ~ Thomas Jefferson

hottierockstar is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vishal2100 View Post
    whenever i hear the acronym PB i alwasy assume its the piratebay lol
    sadly...with a tear in my eye...i think peanut butter LOL

sarah1990 is offline Senior Member
    "Not having an amazing body, because lets face it, food is better."

People on my Facebook keep liking this.

*facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by sarah1990 View Post
    "Not having an amazing body, because lets face it, food is better."

People on my Facebook keep liking this.

*facepalm*
    I love that with Primal/Paleo the two don't have to be mututally exclusive!

Progress:

“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” ~ Thomas Jefferson

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Last night I was watching TV with my husband and an ad for Multi-Grain Cheerios came on and the woman in the commercial mentioned she lost weight while eating the "healthy" grains in the Cheerios. I looked at the TV, flicked it off and said "grains aren't healthy bitches. Eat a gd steak and some eggs for breakfast." My husband laughed and said he was waiting for this day to come. Just had to mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Last night I was watching TV with my husband and an ad for Multi-Grain Cheerios came on and the woman in the commercial mentioned she lost weight while eating the "healthy" grains in the Cheerios. I looked at the TV, flicked it off and said "grains aren't healthy bitches. Eat a gd steak and some eggs for breakfast." My husband laughed and said he was waiting for this day to come. Just had to mention it.
    Nice! I get the same way when all that sort of crap comes on in commercials. Thankfully, we watch our shows through Hulu, so with a little help from the ad tailor we don't see too many of them.

Progress:

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, The Boyfriend is pretty much used to me arguing with the TV now.

Key phrases that instigate increased TV yelling:
    Healthy whole grains
    Low fat
    Cholesterol
    Statin
    Hypertension
    Prevents heart disease.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    ^ this
    I turned off cable becasue the only thing i ever watched was Food network and SciFy

30 days after watching Sugar the Bitter truth i coudl not watch food network anymore..

Now i watch fringe on my harddrive
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

bwhit is offline Senior Member
    The drug commercials get me. There's one for Lovaza that purports to lower triglycerides. The commercial states that high triglycerides is too much fat in the blood, and although unsaid, implies that this fat will cause heart problems. But later it says that the drug has not been shown to prevent heart attacks or strokes. To me, it's telling you it doesn't work. Maybe people will be comforted because their tris are lower, but they still are just as likely to have a heart attack.