Page 136 of 901 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236636 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 9007

Thread: Funny CW moments page 136

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    I went to an Indian food restaurant with a friend the other day- it's a place where you order at the counter. They had lunch specials with rice and naan, so I asked that those be left out (OK, let's ignore the fact that I'm not sure what they cooked the curries, etc. with). The old turbaned man in the back who was slapping (gorgeous, wondrous smelling) naan dough back and forth in his hands yelled "Ah! She is smart!" Not exactly a CW funny but it made me laugh!

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudenveri View Post
    Yep, I looked at the label last night, and sure enough - soybean oil. Then I made a face and picked up a good quality extra virgin olive oil.
    My routes at work sometimes take me into the alleys behind businesses, and this morning I was behind a restaurant. They had tossed out a bunch of boxes of soybean oil that weighed 35 pounds each. Remind me not to eat there.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    My routes at work sometimes take me into the alleys behind businesses, and this morning I was behind a restaurant. They had tossed out a bunch of boxes of soybean oil that weighed 35 pounds each. Remind me not to eat there.
    Yuck!

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    My kids were both away from home last night so I took the TW to Red Lobster for supper. The waitress thought we were nuts when we refused the biscuits, potatoes, croutons and the mints after supper. "You're the first people I've ever seen turn down biscuits!"
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    My kids were both away from home last night so I took the TW to Red Lobster for supper. The waitress thought we were nuts when we refused the biscuits, potatoes, croutons and the mints after supper. "You're the first people I've ever seen turn down biscuits!"
    I have to admit, if anything would ever make me switch teams (to eating grains, people!) it would be Red Lobster cheese biscuits. Insanely good stuff.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Captain Archer is offline Senior Member

I wanted to test a theory.

CW says eat more fiber!
    Marksdailyapple says eat good fiber not just more fiber and eat less fiber.

So..... For two months now I have gone from 22% body fat down to 17% bodyfat.
    AS I have said quite a lot.
    But here's the catch 22...
    I was eating nuts for those 60 days. :nuts? 60 pounds of nuts in 60 days.:
    That much fiber has made me look like a freaking malnourished retard if you ask me.
    So I am going to two 60 days where instead of eating nuts and eating more Fiber I follow the blueprint part of the fiber.
    I will be eating more vegetables to make up for the carbohydrates I will be missing from the nuts.
    I will be eating more cheese to make up for the fat I will be missing from the nuts.
    I will be eating more protein from animals in this time as well for a little more fat and protein.

Wish me the best of luck and hopefully I won't go crazy and gain 6000 pounds eating the way I have planned.

akm3 is offline Member
    What is "CW" I'm guessing Co-worker?

rayout is offline Senior Member
    CW = Conventional Wisdom (i.e. avoid fat, eat in moderation - whatever that means, etc.)

akm3 is offline Member
    Is there a list of all these primal acronyms we use? It's hard to feel part of the club with all the "l33t speak" language.

Heidi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Akm3, this thread is awesome for newbies. The 3rd link down has the acronyms. It was a lifesaver for me my first few days on this forum.
    I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.