Page 134 of 901 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234634 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 9004

Thread: Funny CW moments page 134

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    This was at Cracker Barrel. We went there for breakfast, and I was getting bacon and sausage and eggs.

I asked the waitress to leave the toast off, because I can't have wheat.

Her answer? "Oh honey, we have white bread too."
    they also say rice is a vegetable LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Shawn Mihalik is offline Member
    I was eating lunch with some coworkers today, and I ordered a burger with bacon, blue cheese, and no bun. One of my coworkers asked why I didn't get a bun, so I told her that I don't eat grains. She replied, "But they've got more than one kind of bun. Just get wheat or rye or something."

I was about to reply to her suggestion, when another coworker asked why I don't eat grains. I decided to take a chance and started explaining the science behind why grains are unhealthy, mentioning gluten, lectins, etc., but his face grew more and more confused, so I switched tactics and said, "Grains make me sick."

He looked at me blankly for a second and then said, "Ohhhhhhhh...That would be hard!"

I was checking the local weather on weather.com and saw this ad "Which Veggietable Kills Fat: Choose one" the options: Corn or Cabbage.

sarah1990 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    they also say rice is a vegetable LOL

In what world is rice a vegetable?!

That's like saying fries are a vegetable...

taylor044 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah1990 View Post
    In what world is rice a vegetable?!

That's like saying fries are a vegetable...
    Well if you kind of think about it, potatoes are a vegetable, they're fried in vegetable oil, and eventually coated in a healthy tomato concoction called ketchup. There isn't a single thing about them that doesn't have something to do with vegetables!

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    I was mentioning to a coworker that I wanted my toddler to eat more veggies, and she actually suggested potato chips and popcorn.

I would bet you she'd consider rice a vegetable too...

(Mercifully, since then we've managed to get my toddler to eat more actual veggies.)
    Last edited by Jenny; 07-24-2011 at 04:30 PM.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

CoS
    CoS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post
    Fat free peanut butter exists?

Wait... don't tell me. Let me guess. They press out all the peanut oil and replace it with HFCS?
    I was mistaken - Its "reduced fat". 25% less fat, replaced with more sugar, fully hydrogenated vegetable oils, and CORN SYRUP SOLIDS. YUM!

Omad is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taylor044 View Post
    Well if you kind of think about it, potatoes are a vegetable, they're fried in vegetable oil, and eventually coated in a healthy tomato concoction called ketchup. There isn't a single thing about them that doesn't have something to do with vegetables!
    Almost – Vegetable oil isn't made from vegetables.

The Term “Vegetable Oil” Is False Advertising (Updated) - GNOLLS.ORG

Liam is offline Member
    I was treated with some colleagues to lunch at an expensive restaurant. Two of us ordered the grass fed beef steak. One being me, who scarfed it down delightedly. The other a fellow who left about a quarter of it on his plate saying "I'm on a diet so better not eat the rest, though I'd love to", all the while with a tortured, wistful expression on his face as he stared at the remaining portion.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by taylor044 View Post
    The president of Frito Lay got caught making this exact argument, for realz, about Tostitos. "Every ingredient is derived from corn, which is a healthy vegetable" - its somewhere on youtube.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/