Page 132 of 901 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232632 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 9004

Thread: Funny CW moments page 132

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spakesneaker View Post
    My dad yelled at me for eating meat for breakfast and told me I should be reading Forks Over Knives.

He yelled at you? For that? Is he a vegan? If so, just slap him around a bit. Vegans can't hold enough muscle mass to handle the average person.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tsd View Post
    I'm sure everyone has their own encounter like this, but last Saturday at the market:

Me: Excuse me, is your Greek yogurt full-fat or non-fat?
    Vendor (with a huge smile): It has ZERO fat!
    Me: Nevermind, I don't want that.

Thankfully I did find the place that had the full-fat stuff. Sooo good.
    Dear retailers: "It has ZERO fat" is no longer a selling point. Get the message?
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    He yelled at you? For that? Is he a vegan? If so, just slap him around a bit. Vegans can't hold enough muscle mass to handle the average person.
    No, but in our culture, meat before lunch is a big taboo.

sarah1990 is offline Senior Member
    I was having breakfast with my sister (not common, as I no longer live at home or in fact like her) and she's recently been following slimming world so was surprised when she had bacon and eggs.

She then proceeded to cut all the visible fat off the bacon...

...and followed it with a big bowl of Special K

*facepalm*

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah1990 View Post
    I was having breakfast with my sister (not common, as I no longer live at home or in fact like her) and she's recently been following slimming world so was surprised when she had bacon and eggs.

She then proceeded to cut all the visible fat off the bacon...

...and followed it with a big bowl of Special K

*facepalm*
    The burning question: Did you take her scraps off her plate? Can't let good pork fat go to waste.
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

sarah1990 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    The burning question: Did you take her scraps off her plate? Can't let good pork fat go to waste.
    Of course.

freak is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NutMeg View Post
    I read today that someone was told if they drink five 16.9 oz bottles of water a day they will drown. I guess I drowned years ago because I drink more than that.
    At Parris Island we drank upwards of 16 canteens (1qt) of water daily. I survived.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by freak View Post
    At Parris Island we drank upwards of 16 canteens (1qt) of water daily. I survived.
    Agree.

In the summer I drink upwards of 2 gallons of water just while I'm working, in addition to coconut water, and also iced tea when I get home.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Monty is offline Senior Member
    My neighbor, who (including her kids) is celiac, wants to become a vegetarian. She read the China Study and swears by it. Funny part is, she said she would become vegetarian except she doesn't know how to cook vegetarian. Yep, she's dumb.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Gah!

I'm on another totally unrelated message board, and someone posted that they needed a great butter substitute. There were quite a few people going on about how great "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter", canola oil and various other crap is. There were a few rooting for real butter, but even they were saying to cut back - seriously, to half a stick a month???

When asked why she needed to cut back, she said her mom had a heart attack. Well, I'm pretty sure it wasn't the butter, but I gently suggested she stick with real butter, preferably from grass-fed cows. Avoid seed oils because (among other things) they turn rancid very quickly. And that good fat doesn't cause heart disease.

I'm waiting for the flame throwers from the low-fat crowd there.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com